Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gotham City Safe Haven is the byproduct of a collaboration between Mayor Quincy Sharp and Dr. Hugo Strange, one of Gotham City’s brightest medical minds. Safe Haven’s benevolent benefactor has structured a perfect environment in a portion of Gotham’s old downtown area for so-called super criminals to reside peacefully alongside the very vigilantes and heroes that have tried to apprehend them. With the “guests” of Safe Haven ranging from age 18 and up, this new society (designed specifically to allow these two very different types of special people to coexist) will surely bring about a better understanding of themselves and the true potential of their powers.

WARNING: Gotham City Safe Haven cannot guarantee the safety of its guests.
Many residents have set up specific sections they call their own, and turf wars have been known to cause many a casualty.
Hello, everyone! I'm the captain for a new DC guild that recently opened. We offer both freeform and linear styles of roleplaying, so we have some nice diversity there. Our storyline for the roleplay was inspired by the game Arkham City, so you know Dr. Strange has a more sinister purpose for creating Safe Haven. Our members are starting to set up profiles, so it's a great time to join! Feel free to scope out Safe Haven to get a feel for what we’re about, and if you’re interested in applying, then read on!

Please note that we are currently accepting only canon characters, but that you are welcome to play ANY character within the DC Universe.

To apply, all you have to do is send a join request and include in it who you wish to be and a role play sample as the character you are wishing to join as (three to five paragraphs long). Once you’re in, you’re also welcome to pick up additional characters.
XXX▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ .: Character Roles :. ▬▬▬▬

Taken:

Heroes
  • Superman
  • Lois Lane
  • Black Canary
  • Raven
  • Beast Boy
  • Cyborg
  • Robin/d**k Grayson
  • Batgirl/Barbara Gordon
  • Captain Marvel
  • Hal Jordan/Green Lantern

Villains
  • Joker
  • Harley Quinn
  • Poison Ivy
  • Scarecrow
  • Two-Face
  • the Mad Hatter
  • Ace
  • Catwoman
  • Riddler

Reserved:
  • Wonder Woman
    Thank you for your interest; we can’t wait to meet you!
If you’d like an idea of how a character might fit into this particular world, take a look at some of these blurbs we’ve written up:

• Bruce Wayne/Batman: Despite using his heavy influence as Gotham City's richest playboy to try and disband Gotham City Safe Haven, Bruce found that he was getting nowhere with the politicians - even the mayor was in favor of this new facility. Strange acknowledged Bruce's concerns during a press conference, and after speaking the institution's praises encouraged the billionaire to enroll himself in Safe Haven "to see what we're really about." However, Wayne's true reason for enrolling himself was much more covert: if all the criminals were living in one place...Batman would need to be there, too.

• Catwoman: Rather than live in a broken home, Selina Kyle chose to fend for herself on the dodgy streets of Gotham City. Selina was arrested by a GCPD officer during a skirmish between herself and another criminal, and mandated a session with Dr. Hugo Strange. Strange deemed that placement in GCSH would benefit her psyche, and rather than face time in prison the cat burglar grudgingly accepted. She seeks to settle her score with the criminal that got her caught to begin with (there are rumors this criminal was also enrolled into Safe Haven). She could probably get out whenever she wants, but her curiosity might have also been piqued by rumors of a certain Bat flying around.

• Mad Hatter: Jervis was a brilliant, lovestruck man engaged in the wonders and possibilities of mind control equipment. He mainly keeps to himself, but can sometimes be found muttering to himself on the teacup ride in the carnival or amongst the rose bushes in the Botanical Gardens. While he has moments of clarity, many argue that, at heart, he is simply a sad little boy who never woke up from one Golden Afternoon.

• Killer Croc: It's said that Croc’s mother died when he was born, unable to handle a child with his grotesque mutations. Waylon Jones was instead raised by his abusive, alcoholic aunt and bullied relentlessly throughout life because of his freakish appearance. He briefly sought refuge at a local carnival, working as one of the “circus freaks,” but after one too many jeerings from the crowd he snapped. As his physical condition and mental state deteriorate, Killer Croc becomes a more bestial character, increasingly detached from humanity.

• Scarface: After being pulled off the street unceremoniously, Scarface found himself in the perfect environment to start a new, more insidious gang. I hear he mainly operates out of the old nightclub now.

• Scarecrow: Imported from Arkham Asylum, the weedy 20-something professor holed himself up somewhere in Safe Haven. Some say that at night his maniacal laughter can be heard from the top floor of Gotham City General.

• Plasticman: Unable to keep himself from the temptations of a life of crime, this troubled hero volunteered placement in Safe Haven. However, after only a short time, he realized that the only difference between Safe Haven and the outside world was that he was trapped inside the barbed wire walls.
{• ◊ Sweet dreams that won't come true... ◊ • }

Bump~

- - - ________________ { I leave them all for you } ________________ - - -

Bump~

Bump~

Bump~

Bump~

Bump~

Bump~

Bump~

Fashionable Menace

14,375 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • Megathread 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Fashionable Menace

14,375 Points