Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you interested in a Maid Cafe Guild?

YES! 0.60869565217391 60.9% [ 14 ]
NO! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Only if there's free stuff... 0.08695652173913 8.7% [ 2 ]
Only if I get to see cute cosplays.... *nosebleeds* 0.08695652173913 8.7% [ 2 ]
Why not? 0.08695652173913 8.7% [ 2 ]
Why do I care?! 0.1304347826087 13.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 23 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Loyal Seeker

11,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
pickledDeath
H B3LL3
How's this? :3

Guild Home Page
User Image

Chime Belle Cafe
. a maid and butler cafe guild .

The Chime Belle Cafe is a small, new cafe on the end of town that was built and funded for by the Belle sisters: Holly Belle (H B3LL3) and Karla Belle (K B3LLe). This Cafe is a comforting environment in which you can simply be yourself and enjoy the wonderful service of a close-knit team of Maids and Butlers all dressed up in different cosplays! Here, you can roleplay, join special events, cosplay along with the staff, and just relax and chat with everyone! I hope you enjoy your stay here at the Chime Belle Cafe!

(( i added this part. ))
Please remember not to donate to the guild account itself as this money can only be used to buy subforums. Please donate directly to the guild captain (or whoever is going to be responsible for the guild monies. Sometimes creating a mule account to keep donation gold separate from that person's gold is a good idea.)

Feel free to click the Join button and begin posting right away!

It's really cute! I have one small request, though: Can you make the picture anime? Since it is gaia, and we are cosplaying through avatars, I think it is better to have anime-based pictures throughout~

Versatile Raider

9,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
H B3LL3
It's really cute! I have one small request, though: Can you make the picture anime? Since it is gaia, and we are cosplaying through avatars, I think it is better to have anime-based pictures throughout~Sure! Let me see if I can find another pic that's anime to use instead.

Loyal Seeker

11,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
pickledDeath
H B3LL3
pickledDeath

Alrighty! Just tell me what you're going to change, and I'll see if I approve! Also, when you have time, work on a signature image so that I can advertise the guild better! I think that would help bunches!!!

BUT! I have many questions for you, mostly placings and such things. Here they are:

-I think the avatar contest is a great idea! However, I wonder, how much much gold do you think I should give in prizes? I want to give them enough to want to submit entries, but not too much... And how long should the deadline be for the contest? Should I wait on more people to join first before I start it?

-How should I go about getting more members? I mean I made this page, but how else should I try to get members? I need staff and crew as well as members to get things running smoothly...

-Also, when you say thread, you mean like an advertisement page in the actual forums, right? Not in a guild? I was also thinking about doing that, but didn't know how to exactly go about it... Could you give me some pointers on that too?

-What should I do with the other subforums, considering they are not going to be operational? I tried to delete them, but I can't figure out how (if you can at all...)

-The rest of these questions are about placement. Since I got rid of the other subforums I need to know where to place the following: The Staff List, Suggestion Polls, and the Staff Only (the place where myself and the staff get together to discuss things within the guild). Can you help me?

Other than artistic preference I think that's all. Feel free to experiment with all of that and leave the writing to me~
Heyo! I'm going to start working on some pics and banners and such now. :3 In answer to your questions ...
- Unfortunately, I might not be super helpful on the pricing front for the avatar contest. I currently have one open and am offering 5 bil in prizes and I've got no entries. So, I suppose 5 bil is not enough? Which honestly disappoints me. I've been away from gaia for a little while, so my understanding of what things are worth now are a little off. I think maybe offering items might be a good idea or even asking for donations from members before opening the contest.
- Getting members is hard work, but honestly I did a lot of just sending out invites to people. What I used to do was have two tabs open, one on an interest search page and the other on guild invites. You could do a search for something like 'maids' or 'anime' or whatever you think might mean someone would be interested in your guild. Then, type up a template like, "Hi! I see that you have _____ listed in your interests. You may be interested in my guild ..." I also used to run mini contests each month and ask people to give me the names of friends they thought might like the guild. I would then give a small gift to whoever gave the most names each month. (I would also do the same for whoever made the most posts.)
- Yeah, sorry. I probably wasn't very clear. I usually had a thread in the main forum called 'Advertise the Guild!' or 'Membership Drive!' or something similar. In that tread I would have all the banners and links as well as the list of who had given the most recommendations and what prizes you got for doing so.
- I actually don't think you can delete them. You could just change the names to 'Reserved' or 'Under Construction' and then change access to crew only. It might be fun to open a thread asking users what the other forums should be? Like, let people vote on what subforum they'd most like to see.
- As for placement, I always felt that mod/staff lists placed well along with the rules. Like, here are the rules and here are the people who enforce them. The suggestion thread should be fine pinned to the main forum. You can keep a forum just for staff, but since it's just the two of us right now it's easy for us to talk to one another. If we have a lot of staff keeping a forum just for them would be fine, but I think it's secondary concern until you have a lot of members

-I will most likely need to get many donations and other people to help share the money with me because I am not exactly a rich person! Don't get me wrong: I want to help people out. It's just, with inflation and everything, it's hard to get enough money for things. Maybe I can just start off doing small contests to start off with after I get enough members to start something worthwhile? I'm thinking like a grand prize of 500mil, or something like that... I only have a bil at the moment, which took a while to save, so I'll have to have help on that...
-Okay! When I get time this weekend I will be sure to invite some people using that method! Hopefully I can get a good list of members and staff!
-I will certainly make that post as soon as possible! Right now I really only have the time to reply to this, but I'll probably be able to do more this weekend! If you're up for it, though, you can create some of those for me! Only if you really want to, though! I trust you, so do what you need to do~
-I made them all *Reserved* for now! That should do until I can find a really good reason to use them! I'll let others decide, though, through a poll in a suggestions thread on the main forum!
-I see! That all really makes sense! I will make a note of that too!
THANK YOU! It takes a lot of patience to work with me and answer all my questions as well as sort of train me on the things I need to do to be a good guild leader, so thank you bunches!!! >.<

Loyal Seeker

11,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
pickledDeath
H B3LL3
It's really cute! I have one small request, though: Can you make the picture anime? Since it is gaia, and we are cosplaying through avatars, I think it is better to have anime-based pictures throughout~

Sure! Let me see if I can find another pic that's anime to use instead.
Okey dokey! Thank you very much for this!

Sarcastic Bard

13,475 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Friendly 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
sounds cute can i join?

Loyal Seeker

11,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
pickledDeath

Just send me that picture when you're done, k?

Loyal Seeker

11,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
grace1142
sounds cute can i join?

Of course you can! The link to the guild is in my signature! You can join automatically and tell me if you want to be part of the staff, k?

Loyal Bunny

14,000 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I'm interested in the guild! If there is any way that I could help (please tell me!)
Sounds like a super cute idea smile I'm a sucker for these sort of cafe themed things X3

I'm an artist and would be happy to help you guys get started if you wanted me to make a custom front page image of your maid characters if you have them set up already.

Something like this, but better since that was a few months ago and was just a coloured sketch:
User Image

You can check more of the art I do on Gaia here if you're interested.

I could also do a hand drawn banner like this for your main posts and then you could add the Thread Title to each one as needed to tie everything together smile And you can let me know if there were certain things you wanted to incorporate, like I could make it look like a wooden sign with an ornate metal border that incorporate a tea cup or something in it.
User Image
User Image

Sadly I suck at doing the 200x40 banners crying I'm not good at working that small.

Loyal Seeker

11,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
sugolite
I'm interested in the guild! If there is any way that I could help (please tell me!)

Yay! Another one!
Well, join first thing and I'll let you know! I am going to need staff and help to set everything up, and for a long time to keep running everything smoothly! You can be a maid/butler or just be a mod or anything like that! Whatever you're good at just let me know and I'll give you a job! ^^

Loyal Seeker

11,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
HitokiriChibi
Sounds like a super cute idea smile I'm a sucker for these sort of cafe themed things X3

I'm an artist and would be happy to help you guys get started if you wanted me to make a custom front page image of your maid characters if you have them set up already.

Something like this, but better since that was a few months ago and was just a coloured sketch:
User Image

I could also do a hand drawn banner like this for your main posts and then you could add the Thread Title to each one as needed to tie everything together smile And you can let me know if there were certain things you wanted to incorporate, like I could make it look like a wooden sign with an ornate metal border that incorporate a tea cup or something in it.
User Image
User Image

Sadly I suck at doing the 200x40 banners crying I'm not good at working that small.

YES! I would so love for you to do some art for me!
I need artists to make everything look all nice and pretty, so I would greatly accept your work if you are willing to provide it! You're a really good artist, so why don't you just experiment a little with all of your above ideas and come back to me with your finished products? I'm going to get all of these done eventually, so might as well hire someone who wants to do it and has experience~
You can PM me with the finished projects, or quote me here, and don't forget to join the guild from the link in my signature and I can bump you up to crew if you'd like!
H B3LL3
HitokiriChibi
Sounds like a super cute idea smile I'm a sucker for these sort of cafe themed things X3I'm an artist and would be happy to help you guys get started if you wanted me to make a custom front page image of your maid characters if you have them set up already.

User Image

User Image
User Image

I need artists to make everything look all nice and pretty, so I would greatly accept your work if you are willing to provide it! You're a really good artist, so why don't you just experiment a little with all of your above ideas and come back to me with your finished products? I'm going to get all of these done eventually, so might as well hire someone who wants to do it and has experience~
You can PM me with the finished projects, or quote me here, and don't forget to join the guild from the link in my signature and I can bump you up to crew if you'd like!

I'll play around with the banner idea - I can't really work on the waitress/waiter images though until you have some references or avatars done up so that the art actually matches the look of people in the shop smile

Haha you don't need to bump me up to crew unless you do get the staff room thread made and I need to see stuff there. I'm happy to just help out since I like this idea smile

Loyal Seeker

11,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
HitokiriChibi
H B3LL3
HitokiriChibi
Sounds like a super cute idea smile I'm a sucker for these sort of cafe themed things X3I'm an artist and would be happy to help you guys get started if you wanted me to make a custom front page image of your maid characters if you have them set up already.

User Image

User Image
User Image

I'll play around with the banner idea - I can't really work on the waitress/waiter images though until you have some references or avatars done up so that the art actually matches the look of people in the shop smile

Haha you don't need to bump me up to crew unless you do get the staff room thread made and I need to see stuff there. I'm happy to just help out since I like this idea smile

Yeah! That sounds nice! Thanks! And, well, I don't have any avatars or waitress images yet, but I have the main co-founders waitresses names and attributes... Their hair and clothes and everything are just going to be opposite from each other, and their outfits and hair will kinda change throughout the cosplay days, so it doesn't really matter what you do for that. I can try to get in touch with my vice captain and have her submit a tektek so you can kinda see what I mean by all that. I'll work on one opposite hers and let you know as soon as we both agree on an idea!

Well, as the guild's artist, I consider you staff, and I would like to promote all the staff to crew so that I can easily distinguish everyone~
H B3LL3
HitokiriChibi
H B3LL3
HitokiriChibi

User Image

User Image
User Image

Yeah! That sounds nice! Thanks! And, well, I don't have any avatars or waitress images yet, but I have the main co-founders waitresses names and attributes... Their hair and clothes and everything are just going to be opposite from each other, and their outfits and hair will kinda change throughout the cosplay days, so it doesn't really matter what you do for that. I can try to get in touch with my vice captain and have her submit a tektek so you can kinda see what I mean by all that. I'll work on one opposite hers and let you know as soon as we both agree on an idea!

Well, as the guild's artist, I consider you staff, and I would like to promote all the staff to crew so that I can easily distinguish everyone~

Haha that's cool then about crew wink

And yesh, a tektek to work off would be great. Even though the main outfits and hair will change with cosplay days there might still be a 'general' work outfit maybe? That way people can see the two of you as the 'faces' of the Maid Cafe :3

Loyal Seeker

11,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
HitokiriChibi
H B3LL3
HitokiriChibi
H B3LL3
HitokiriChibi

User Image

User Image
User Image

Haha that's cool then about crew wink

And yesh, a tektek to work off would be great. Even though the main outfits and hair will change with cosplay days there might still be a 'general' work outfit maybe? That way people can see the two of you as the 'faces' of the Maid Cafe :3

Yup yup! It's only fair to give the staff proper recognition!~

I sent a PM to the Vice Captain, so her and I will work on it and submit a tektek avi of our original/opening night avis of our characters for you! I'll also send you a little description of them underneath the made avi so that you can kinda get their personalities too ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff