• Generous 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I agree with Juni, great job with the thread Icee. smile

Dapper Dabbler

IceeWitch
Junimaia
IceeWitch
Thank you guys!
I wonder how to bring people to this thread now.....
Maybe random invites?
I thought we decided random invites was a bad idea cause then we couldn't ensure the people we invite will be active?

Not to the guild. To the thread. Try to migrate people from the HP forum to here sorta.
Ohhhh! Well I'm sure members will start to realize this thing's here after they read the Entrance Hall thread. The only reason I didn't see this here sooner was cause I haven't paid attention to the guild in the past couple days I think.

Wizard

IceeWitch
Junimaia
IceeWitch
Thank you guys!
I wonder how to bring people to this thread now.....
Maybe random invites?
I thought we decided random invites was a bad idea cause then we couldn't ensure the people we invite will be active?

Not to the guild. To the thread. Try to migrate people from the HP forum to here sorta.

If it's to the thread, then I think that it's a great idea. Random invites will generate people's interests. I think that you could send the random invites by searching for members, by their interests. If there's a Gaian that's not in the guild but likes Harry Potter, then you could always invite them to have a look around. This way, it's easier to find people.
plz let me in i heart heart heart harry potter soo much

i even went on a site and found ut the name of the 7th book and eveythin plz biggrin
I love rules. Why do people ignore them??
Thanks mystic/
Thank you all. [stirke]
What houses are you in?

What I was planning to do was whore out the HP forum and people who I saw there I'd invite them back to this thread where they can look around and decide to join or not.

Dapper Dabbler

Because this is Gaia, and people ignore the rules all the time! xp

...sadly gonk

Hey Icee... ever thought of making the logo image at the top of the thread into a link to the guild?
Icee..I will join I love Harry Potter

Melodious Member

18,065 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
breezie - I'm glad to hear it, we love to meet fellow HP fans. smile Yes, the title of the new book is quite interesting isn't it? The Deathly Hallows sound so...menacing lol.

diz - I look forward to seeing you in the guild. ^^

I'm the Ravenclaw prefect in the guild btw. Perhaps I should post in my colours here as well hehe.
diz-b-rachel
Icee..I will join I love Harry Potter

Since when? lol
( I know this person personally)
Juni: You like? All compliments go to Ume Tanaka! She's really talented she made the ones in the Pear too!

Wizard

Hmm, this thread isn't getting very much people... neutral

I'm going to start sending out random pms to people who like Harry Potter but aren't in the guild yet.
animefreak-01
Hmm, this thread isn't getting very much people... neutral

I'm going to start sending out random pms to people who like Harry Potter but aren't in the guild yet.

Good idea!
I'm going to fulfill my promise and head out to the HP forum and get people into this thread
ninja

*Peeking in*
Wonderful job Icee...
or Ume Tanaka or who ever...
good job all the same
biggrin

Personally, I think that random invites are kinda annoying...
but I know that lots of newbies aren't really familiar with things like guilds yet. And that we have had a habit of attracting the new gaians...I myself had only been on gaia about two or three weeks before I stumbled upon the original HPGoG thread... So I suppose I can't really object, but I'd prefer if we just tried by having the members who tend to frequent the HP forum or any forums, actually, because I rarely have time to wander around Gaia forums, especially these days. Anyways, have those members who do frequent the forums or any other part of gaia to sport their banners and recommend the guild if the subject happens to come up in their travels. I know it would take longer for the guild build up. But, if you think about it, the likely-hood of us getting dedicated and loyal members would be greater than if we just sorta hunted new members down like foxes. (sorry, I watched Marry Poppins a few days ago and I like the little animated fox in the race...)

By the way, both Juni and animefreak are puffies and mystic has already indicated she's a Ravengal.
(^"Ravengal" I like that...must remember that one...^)
And I'd worry about you if you didn't know what house I'm in...
but if you forget...take a peek at the siggie...
wink
Thanks KT
lol I'll assume you're a Puffie for now but I would take a stab that you are a Ravengal yourself!

Let me clear something up: Only people who have shown an interest in HP. Most likely people who you see in the HP forum. People who have strong voices. That's how miss_fawcett and Orion came to the guild. I asked them if they would like to join and they sent in an application of course I already knew Orion prior to that.
They way I do Random invites is I PM them a little information and ask where they stand. Once I've done that they're usually interested so I send them more information. Now we can invite them to the thread. If they are not interested "no harm no foul"

Dapper Dabbler

The random pm idea sounds reasonable enough, so long as it isn't COMPLETELY random and just goes for the fans like Icee said.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff