9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Menaceman
Karo Kiba
Menaceman
Karo Kiba
I am starting a guild for people with various disabilities. Because people will be discussing complex personal issues, I made a rule on my homepage stating that user privacy is to be respected at all times. Basically, the rule states that what is said within the guild stays within the guild and should not be discussed outside our walls. Can I automatically ban members for breaking a rule like this?

How do you mean "automatically"?
If you mean can you set something up to do it for you then I'm guessing something like that doesn't exist.
If you want to ban people for breaking the rules you have set though, then I see no reason why you can't do that manually.

I meant 'automatically' as in there would be no second chances for breaking that rule.

State that along with the rules and I don't see how anyone can come back at you for it.

Yup. And it's a really understandable rule. I mean, we're dealing with information of a sensitive nature. Not everyone really wants to be that open with their diseases or disabilities because a lot of people with certain disabilities (particularly the mentally ill or intellectually disabled) are unfortunately still judged and made fun of quite a bit.

Shirtless Fatcat

11,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • First step to fame 200
How do chu delete a guild QwQ

Shirtless Fatcat

11,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • First step to fame 200
Oh plz can someone help meh with understanding how to put my banner up correctly >w<

7,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
i need my 20,000 gold back and no one wants my guild crying crying crying crying help me please somebody! i have 4,741 gold left and i was saving it for an item!! crying crying please sell my guild and gimme my 20,000 gold back! please?? emotion_kirakira

7,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Karo Kiba
Menaceman
Karo Kiba
Menaceman
Karo Kiba
I am starting a guild for people with various disabilities. Because people will be discussing complex personal issues, I made a rule on my homepage stating that user privacy is to be respected at all times. Basically, the rule states that what is said within the guild stays within the guild and should not be discussed outside our walls. Can I automatically ban members for breaking a rule like this?

How do you mean "automatically"?
If you mean can you set something up to do it for you then I'm guessing something like that doesn't exist.
If you want to ban people for breaking the rules you have set though, then I see no reason why you can't do that manually.

I meant 'automatically' as in there would be no second chances for breaking that rule.

State that along with the rules and I don't see how anyone can come back at you for it.

Yup. And it's a really understandable rule. I mean, we're dealing with information of a sensitive nature. Not everyone really wants to be that open with their diseases or disabilities because a lot of people with certain disabilities (particularly the mentally ill or intellectually disabled) are unfortunately still judged and made fun of quite a bit.

and i need my gold back. no one wants to join my ******** guild!

Newbie Soldier

9,975 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
domo4104
i need my 20,000 gold back and no one wants my guild crying crying crying crying help me please somebody! i have 4,741 gold left and i was saving it for an item!! crying crying please sell my guild and gimme my 20,000 gold back! please?? emotion_kirakira

You can sell your own guild by creating a thread in the proper subforum. They can't give you a refund, but the best you can hope for is to earn back your gold by selling your guild yourself.

Moonlight Healer

XOhMyTeaCupX
Oh plz can someone help meh with understanding how to put my banner up correctly >w<

In those silent shades of grey
I will find a place

Once you have created a banner, upload it on a site that hosts graphics, for example Photobucket. Copy the direct link you will get after uploading and paste it into the Banner URL section in the "Edit settings" window that you will find in the Moderator Panel in your guild. You need a captain or a vice captain rank to do so.

to escape the endless night
to find a new sun
Why can I not post a youtube video in my guild forum? Someone please message me why or reply to this. I'm becoming so frustrated.

Moonlight Healer

Bubonic Metal
Why can I not post a youtube video in my guild forum? Someone please message me why or reply to this. I'm becoming so frustrated.

I will find a place

Some parts of the BBCode don't work in the guilds system. There are some more differences, for example a 'center' command inside a colourful text will automaticly make the followinh not-centered text black again. The GGN Moderators' Guild have posted a proposal LAST OCTOBER with suggestions what changes and improvements to introduce to the guilds system. No response so far...

to find a new sun

Wheezing Fatcat

7,000 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Divine Donator 100
http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/43b9eac519ac314df63f155d3f4e04b3/http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/WhiteTiger15/gaia/Art%20made/zomg.jpg

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

I didn't bother looking, but before it messes with me, will the banners take URLs from deviantART?
I've been on some sites where the site would only take Photobucket (pain).
I made it myself, and I don't want to waste time creating a Pb account, as I'm already a dA member

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

Moonlight Healer

Shannon Kyra Liannanon
Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

I didn't bother looking, but before it messes with me, will the banners take URLs from deviantART?
I've been on some sites where the site would only take Photobucket (pain).
I made it myself, and I don't want to waste time creating a Pb account, as I'm already a dA member

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

I will find a place

It should be fine if you provide a direct link to the banner. Photobucket was only mentioned as an example of a site which hosts graphics. I understand it the way any YRL containing a graphic will be fine. Just keep the 200x40 dimensions.
I hope that helps.

to find a new sun

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
I'm not quite sure what's going on, but the banner registered, but isn't showing. all I see is a single line that reads: Lilthia Academy banner
it's the exact dimensions required
here's the link: http://kitalphahart.deviantart.com/art/guild-banner-296080005?q=gallery%3Akitalphahart%2F35709799&qo=0
if it helps, I always have had issues with deviantART showing the drawings
or is it just me?

Purple-eyed Dreamer, thanks for the help, and it's a good thing you said "should be fine"
sorry if this is the wrong place for this, feel free to delete this post if it is

Fatcat

6,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Friendly 100
ummm...ok about the guild banner i created one
User Image
wont work it says its not valid?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff