Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Genius

RitZ Wix Profile To GaiaOnline Profile Tutorial Updated July 19 2012
***It is illegal to buy or sell Wix profiles in Gaiaonline.com***

FIX: A fix has been found for those having Myspace ID and embed option issues at the end of the guide. Please thank Horntastic

Before the tutorial starts, there's a couple Q&A that I made up. This basically
Covers up a whole introduction stuffed down to a bunch of Q&A's

Q. What is Wix to begin with?
A. Wix is a website more properly know as Wix.com.

Q. What do you do in this so called Wix.com RitZ?
A. Well, basically, you can make amazing profile layouts whether you're just
a beginner looking for fun things to do or an expert who can really
maximize the capabilities that this site can give you.

Q.What will you cover in this tutorial?
A. I will only cover the stuff needed in order to transfer your Wix profile to your
Gaiaonline profile

Q.Will this tutorial be as clear as it CAN be Mr. RitZ?
A. I will try to make it as clear AS possible.

Q. Do you have one of these....Wixxlez or whatever it is?
A. Yes, I do actually. You can check it out right now by
clicking my avatar. Comment on my profile if you
liked it or don't bother at all

*This is my first guide ever so if it's not up to your expectations, don't bother looking.

Step 1. Lets get to it shall we? Go to Wix.com

Step 2. Look above you, and you will see five tabs. Click on "My account"

User Image

Step 3. Rollover to the monitor that shows you an overview of your Wix profile and click on "Edit"
User Image

Once you click on it, you will follow these steps as shown in the pictures below
User Image
User Image
User Image

It will take you here
User Image
Step 7. Before you do anything else after getting to that window. I would like you to open up a notedpad which CAN be accessed by going through your Start Menu>Accessories. I want you to put this link in your notepad.

http://static.wix.com/client/app.swf?

Step 8. Go back to Gaiaonline.com and follow these set of pictures shown
Click on "Account Settings"
User Image
Click on "Profile Options"
User Image
Make sure your Override Theme Box is empty
User Image
Input the code in the Override Theme Box that will be underneath this picture
User Image
html, body { background: #000000; }
.column, #columns { overflow: visible !important; }
#columns { width: 1000px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; float: none; position: relative; top: 50px; }
#column_1, #column_2, #column_3 { position: absolute; margin: 0; }
.media_panel { height: 650px !important; width: 1000px; overflow: hidden; }
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object { height: 1000px; width: 1000px; }
.panel { margin: 0; padding: 0; background: transparent; }
.panel h2 { display: none; }

Note: You need to put your profile theme to "Current"

Step 9. "Save" it

Step 10. Go to your profile and click on "Edit Profile Layout". Clear your whole profile as the background should be black now. Clear every single content except for the "Media" content.
User Image

Step 11. Minimize your Gaiaonline.com or just leave it there for now. This is where the complicated part takes its stand. We're going back to our Wix's publish window and you're going to click on "Copy"
User Image

Step 12. After you have copied that. You're going to paste that to the notepad where you pasted the link that I gave you before like so....
User Image
Find the first "pageid" word that you see and highlight everything else before that. Do not include the quotation marks and delete the highlighted codes
User Image
It will look like this
User Image
Now add thehttp://static.wix.com/client/app.swf? That I gave you to your code and it should look like this
User Image

Step 13.Copy your code because we're going back to Gaiaonline's "Edit Profile Layout" that has been sitting there forever.

Step 14:Find your "Media" content that you took out earlier and click on edit. Delete everything else and put in the URL box the code that you copied from your notepad or wordpad
User Image
Voila.
User Image

You and I did it. Give yourself a pat in the back. That was a hard work for me and but it was an easy job for you. But I'm happy that I was able to help you.

*Additional note: Since it's on your profile now, anytime you want to change anything on your GaiaOnline profile, just go to your Wix Edit Mode>Change anything there>Publish it>Your GaiaOnline profile updates with it.

If you have anymore questions, don't be afraid to message or add me. I'd be happy to help you out and give you my assistance on how to put a Wix Profile to a Gaia Profile.

If this tutorial helped you out, please comment on my page on how much it helped you or if it didn't, keep it to yourself

Username: RitZ v2

Fix to the Myspace ID and the embed option by Horntastic

A note on the embed button:
Wix now has two types of templates, Flash templates and HTML templates.
The HTML templates are new and shiny, but incompatible with Gaia.
Most people who have trouble finding their embed button are using the new HTML type.
(this is especially because when you press create, it defaults to sorting by HTML, which I'm sure Wix i pushing)

And on endless loading:
This is usually caused by a space between the ? and the rest of the URL, but you should also really take out everything after and including the " at the end of the Flashvars part of the embed, I suspect it may be contributing to this issue as well. The final URL should look more like: (see how it hasn't got any of the < > stuff left)
http://static.wix.com/client/app.swf?pageId=AzRXJhtd4tg-a&embedFormat=websites&embedID=qKPYboG7nkSyTO9faOeY1MrodiKWKABIfKBDvEEDWDy7uvaE8lacTyGLgEOeZAZXa&partner_id=WMGs4POB1ko-a

And on the myspace ID:
I'm pretty sure only certain templates ask for that, since they're made to be used with Myspace or something.
I think you can get around it without any issue by just entering a number... I'd test but I can't remember which templates do it.

fiIthy hippie's Boyfriend

Dapper Fatcat

7,475 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
This was REALLY helpful thank you!

(:
Btw your avi is really cool ^w^

8,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
If I didn't love my profile so much right now, I'd love to use that. :3 And yes, I do agree you do have an awesome avi.

Wheezing Fatcat

All that is gold does not glitter,

Thank you so much for helping me with my new profile!

Not all those who wander are lost.

Distinct Sex Symbol

6,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
hey how do u add sound to ur wix profile without it being seen?

Quotable Genius

everuthong

If you already know how to add the music, just click on it once until a selection pops up, click settings. There will be a transparency level that you can slide from 0.0 to 1.0 and adjust it to your own liking.

Distinct Sex Symbol

6,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
RitZ -TheBipolar-
everuthong

If you already know how to add the music, just click on it once until a selection pops up, click settings. There will be a transparency level that you can slide from 0.0 to 1.0 and adjust it to your own liking.

thank you

Dapper Werewolf

Thank you so much! This is incredibly helpful. heart I really appreciate it biggrin

Quotable Genius

W0LFIE_W0LF
Thank you so much! This is incredibly helpful. heart I really appreciate it biggrin

You are very welcome!

Shirtless Lunatic

6,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
Wow, this is a great tutorial. xD Thanks so much. biggrin My profile looks so PUUURDY now. O.O

Dapper Werewolf

RitZ -TheBipolar-
W0LFIE_W0LF

You are very welcome!
(: heart

Quotable Genius

Milgi
Wow, this is a great tutorial. xD Thanks so much. biggrin My profile looks so PUUURDY now. O.O

Glad I could help

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
RitZ -TheBipolar-

Hey I just wanted to say thank you for posting this! biggrin
I just got back onto Gaia today after leaving for a year and I'm slowly getting everything back into gear. Starting with my profile. So yet again thanks smile

3,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
Thank yhuu ritz..I luv yew heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items