Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Genius

iExplodeBrains
im going to assume Wix has updated, i dont have the embed button and im really confused on what to do, someone help, please...

Is it too late for a reply now? Because for me as of July 2012 from when I posted this guide (August 23 2011) it still shows me the embed option. I am using Google Chrome browser and it may differ for different browsers

Quotable Genius

biancamelo
Does this still work? My sister says she made one but it wasn't working at all, that nothing showed up. She gave up on this, i want to make a profile like this but not if I'm gonn ahave the same trouble as everyone here.
It should still be working. I posted this guide on August 23, 2011 and it is still working for people as of right now. The problem that it is not working for other people is that maybe they skip a step or two from the guide. If you ARE going to be using this guide, make sure you follow every step that this guide will provide.

1,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
RitZ v2
Miki Kitty Takei
ok someone already answered it but but i couldnt quite understand it...how do u add the add friend link thing to where it goes to where they can add u as a friend? and how do u do the message and trade thing as well?

Step 1: Go to your comment, message, trade, or etc. section.
Step 2: Once you have done any of those procedures, do not do anything. Now please kindly proceed to step 3 : )
Step 3: You are going to look at the URL that you have. You will copy the whole URL.
Step 4: You will then proceed to your Wix's Edit Mode.
Step 5: At the left side of your screen, you will see an icon with a text saying "Add" underneath it.
Step 6: Rollover your mouse to "Text" and you will then click on it.
Step 7: Feel free to now write whatever you want to write. Whatever you wrote will be put into your Wix.
Step 8: Click on the letter, word, sentence that you have written.
Step 9: Once you have clicked on it, you will have to press on the option saying "Link"
Step 10: Once you have clicked on the option "Link" you will now paste the URL that you have copied from step 3.
Step 11: After you have completed that, you will now gain the knowledge of doing the same thing to any letter, word, sentence that you would like to be linked.

I hope this helped you and pass this on to whoever may need help with this sort of problem.

Thanks so much! 4laugh This really helped^^

Dapper Phantom

RitZ v2

A note on the embed button:
Wix now has two types of templates, Flash templates and HTML templates.
The HTML templates are new and shiny, but incompatible with Gaia.
Most people who have trouble finding their embed button are using the new HTML type.
(this is especially because when you press create, it defaults to sorting by HTML, which I'm sure Wix i pushing)

And on endless loading:
This is usually caused by a space between the ? and the rest of the URL, but you should also really take out everything after and including the " at the end of the Flashvars part of the embed, I suspect it may be contributing to this issue as well. The final URL should look more like: (see how it hasn't got any of the < > stuff left)
http://static.wix.com/client/app.swf?pageId=AzRXJhtd4tg-a&embedFormat=websites&embedID=qKPYboG7nkSyTO9faOeY1MrodiKWKABIfKBDvEEDWDy7uvaE8lacTyGLgEOeZAZXa&partner_id=WMGs4POB1ko-a

And on the myspace ID:
I'm pretty sure only certain templates ask for that, since they're made to be used with Myspace or something.
I think you can get around it without any issue by just entering a number... I'd test but I can't remember which templates do it.

Quotable Genius

Horntastic
RitZ v2

Most people who have trouble finding their embed button are using the new HTML type.
(this is especially because when you press create, it defaults to sorting by HTML, which I'm sure Wix i pushing)

And on endless loading:
This is usually caused by a space between the ? and the rest of the URL, but you should also really take out everything after and including the " at the end of the Flashvars part of the embed, I suspect it may be contributing to this issue as well. The final URL should look more like: (see how it hasn't got any of the < > stuff left)
http://static.wix.com/client/app.swf?pageId=AzRXJhtd4tg-a&embedFormat=websites&embedID=qKPYboG7nkSyTO9faOeY1MrodiKWKABIfKBDvEEDWDy7uvaE8lacTyGLgEOeZAZXa&partner_id=WMGs4POB1ko-a

And on the myspace ID:
I'm pretty sure only certain templates ask for that, since they're made to be used with Myspace or something.
I think you can get around it without any issue by just entering a number... I'd test but I can't remember which templates do it.

Can i put this in the first page?

Dapper Phantom

RitZ v2
Horntastic
RitZ v2

And on endless loading:

And on the myspace ID:

Can i put this in the first page?

Yeah that's fine, you can do whatever with it c:
RitZ v2
biancamelo
Does this still work? My sister says she made one but it wasn't working at all, that nothing showed up. She gave up on this, i want to make a profile like this but not if I'm gonn ahave the same trouble as everyone here.
It should still be working. I posted this guide on August 23, 2011 and it is still working for people as of right now. The problem that it is not working for other people is that maybe they skip a step or two from the guide. If you ARE going to be using this guide, make sure you follow every step that this guide will provide.

Okay, thank you. :]
I'll work on mines.
You're amazing for sharing this with everyone. Grateful. :]

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
My Wix profile worked for a while the first time i made it but eventually and even now, all it shows is black.. Ive noticed this issue on many other profiles made with Wix. I made a new profile and did the process all over again but yet, its still completely black. It shows nothing. What happened?

Profitable Smoker

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
the only problem with mine is that my profile just has "loading..." but it never loads. -.-

forget that mine finally works biggrin but i now have a white space under it

Demonic Knight

8,400 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Hey the music on my profile seems to have an echo on it and is ruining my lovely song sad

anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Fashionable Shopper

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
how do you add your avatar in wix?
also how did you make it so you had to press a button to view your profile?

Feline Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
When I publish my profile it doesn't give me an option to the embeded code..

Feline Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
So I accidently started created my website with an HTML layout.. How can I change it to flash??

Feline Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
How do you add your current avatar to the website.

Feline Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
Well, anyways I published the profile and I really love it for my first time making it. Turned out great emotion_yatta I had no issues. Thank you so much. Your profile is amazing, btw. I'm jealous.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff