Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi, I've been playing on Gaia of almost seven years or so now, but for the past year I've been dormant. Just, can someone please explain to me what happened?

Planetary Traveler

24,175 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Good question - I've been wondering the same thing

Super Star

15,965 Points
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Snack Artist 250
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I would also like to know as well since I just returned a couple days ago. Im currently trying to find past posts on the same topic. eek
Oh, if you find anything share! I'll also keep looking and will make sure to update this post whenever I find clues to what happened.

Shadowy Werewolf

12,500 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Kae42
Hi, I've been playing on Gaia of almost seven years or so now, but for the past year I've been dormant. Just, can someone please explain to me what happened?
well gaia thought they would be smart and add Alchemy...which uses things like bugs and dyes...so a 10 gold item is in high demand so it becomes 100,000,000 on the marketplace (not exaggerating on those numbers either)

Dedicated Streaker

10,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Generous 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
You can click my signature if you want.

Basically gold generators happened emotion_donotwant

Sparkling Star

13,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Streaker 200
Kae42

Kitzana

SilverFireflyLights

there's a very helpful link in my sig!
cottoncandyFRIZZ
Kae42

Kitzana

SilverFireflyLights

Thank you Silver, but, your sig isn't showing?

Princess Kunzite's Princess

Spoiled Pandahime

Kae42
cottoncandyFRIZZ
Kae42

Kitzana

SilverFireflyLights

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/welcome-back-the-gcd-s-inflation-recap-v-3/t.91957757/
Here

You likely have sigs turned off

Big Noob

Kae42
cottoncandyFRIZZ
Kae42

Kitzana

SilverFireflyLights

Here is the link. Welcome back. Here's what you've missed...

You may be using Gaia Forum Lite or have your signatures turned off.

Sparkling Star

13,000 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Streaker 200
Kae42
cottoncandyFRIZZ
Kae42

Kitzana

SilverFireflyLights

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.tiro finale!
        ...im not silver, im frizz sweatdrop
Sorry Frizz. Still getting use to Gaia again ^_^;;
Thank you so much for posting this link. I'd been wondering how the Marketplace had gotten so out of control. While I think it's very interesting to see this all play out, I am frustrated that I can no longer purchase anything from the marketplace. Yes, I refuse to give any real money to Gaia. I understand that they are running a buisness that is lucritive and do not fault them. It's just frustrating from a user standpoint. I've been on Gaia since early 2006 and feel like it's not anywhere near the same site as it once was.

Adventuring Explorer

36,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
New No named bob

Thanks, that was very clear.

Given how much Gaia has monitored gold generating in the past (with aquariums and whatnot) they must've realized that these gold generators would cause hyperinflation.

Obviously more gold was being generated than what was being removed from the system.

Anyways, the guide is pretty clear. The easiest way for me to make money right now is to start doing daily chance again and sell off some old fish and bugs.

Dedicated Streaker

10,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Generous 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Petrograd
New No named bob

Thanks, that was very clear.

Given how much Gaia has monitored gold generating in the past (with aquariums and whatnot) they must've realized that these gold generators would cause hyperinflation.

Obviously more gold was being generated than what was being removed from the system.

Anyways, the guide is pretty clear. The easiest way for me to make money right now is to start doing daily chance again and sell off some old fish and bugs.

No problem emotion_bigheart

I think they should of realized but the amount of gold generators that have been released, I don't think they care too much.

Best of luck man! Selling fish, bugs, and tickets still works alright for getting gold emotion_yatta

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff