Welcome to Gaia! ::

Counter

+1 1 100.0% [ 3582 ]
Total Votes:[ 3582 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 54 55 56 > >>

Valixrae
miriku sama
Valixrae
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

No, that's only part of what happened on Gaia.

What happened to all of the artists and staff? Juno? L0cke? ethe? DJ Hellsing?

Where did zOMG go and why?

Where'd the staff community involvement go?

the artists and staff left for reasons i don't know
zomg left because not only it was unsustainable, having a nerf of 50k when things are in the billions, but there was a glitch gaia couldn't fix.
the gaian staff community failed to submerse themselves often in forums and threads for years, except probably the moderators ( to ban gaians )

How on Earth can they have a glitch that they cant fix when they built the game from the ground up?

I'm so sad about the artists, I loved following their journals, are there any artists that interact with the community or artists/developers whose journals would be good to follow?

Gosh, where'd the spirit go? sad

It left when they tried to sell Angelic halo for 99,999 gaia cash ( 1000 dollars. ) which people ACTUALLY bought.

Fluffy Fatcat

Oh wow... well, that answers some questions at least D:
Very helpful! I've been gone for about 3 years and this was extremely confusing to come back to. The art prices have sky-rocketed and everything in my inventory is worth billions now. I'm pretty sure I don't like this change. It feels rather untidy. :c

Tipsy Businesswoman

I was super confused when I came back after like 2 years and all of my s**t was in the billions. I was suped! And then I read about the inflation and s**t and now I'm just like what the fuuuuck. I can't tell what is a good price to sell/buy things at anymore.

Super Sex Symbol

20,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Nerd 50

Thanks for doing all the hard thinking for me! I am now educated and will stay away from gold generators~

Dapper Flip-Flopper

This all happened pretty quick surprised
I have missed so much in the years I've been gone and this is insane....I mean wow....So much has changed in the last few years. gonk

Romantic Shapeshifter

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Huh.

I joined in 2005, left in 2011. College and whatnot. But I kinda miss having virtual friends and people to talk to.

I was all excited when I saw how much my items are worth, but now, not so much. I remember questing for a wig back in the day that was about 30k and thinking it impossible. Glad to know Gaia ******** up it's own economy rolleyes Oh well, at least I have my antlers back and in a new black recolor! -rubs fondly-
This s**t's ******** if you ask me emo

Wheezing Egg

Thanks so much for this. I was wondering why items I had were worth trillions in the Marketplace and why I was earning 10k+ gold posting on random stuff (but Journals and commenting on profiles still gives the same amount wot) o.O
Oh my good googly moogly.
I got linked to this after coming back after a few years and saw the 200-billion price tags on things.

Why did they actually think selling gold granting items for cash was a good idea?

Dangerous Prophet

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Befriended 100
Ye, what happened to Gaia? Who caused this mess? A third-party group or?

Pawn

Very insightful thread. I had a slight idea of what went on but this clears things up a bit more.
I was poor before the inflation....and now I'm even poorer despite having almost 1billion gold. haha. That is truly messed up.

Aged Reveler

Very informative. After a 2 year hiatus, I was shocked to see the marketplace. This explains everything. Well done.

Desirable Kitten

11,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
GillyBBY
Oh my good googly moogly.
I got linked to this after coming back after a few years and saw the 200-billion price tags on things.

Why did they actually think selling gold granting items for cash was a good idea?

Although stupid, many other websites/games do it too. The only difference is they make the chances MUCH less successful and have managed their economy in a balance that is would not be affected like this magnitude.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff