Welcome to Gaia! ::

Counter

+1 1 100.0% [ 3582 ]
Total Votes:[ 3582 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 54 55 56 > >>

Torse
yesterday's ATS also mentioned increasing the gold output from games

Right now the most profitable game on the site is, "Paste an email database and get 100 million gold!"

Because screw you, that's why.

Man-Hungry Elocutionist

12,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Thanks for this thread. I just came back from a years hiatus and my head exploded a little when I saw the marketplace.

Rainbow Fatcat

8,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Thank you for this. I was away for a while, came back and saw this and was really confused by what had happened! This put everything in a nutshell for me.

Demonic Kitten

11,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
Gaia is FUBAR. Better off running for the hills than catching/keeping up.

Distinct Partygoer

emotion_yatta
Sadly to see what happened in just some months of being away from gaia online, sadly the turn of events had made the casual grind for gold turned into some sort of hardcore grind financial game, where you have to develop a very refined mastery on trading to keep it up just to get a single piece of item you wanted to collect before

Gaia just made a perfect chance for free players and casual players to quit the game by kicking the economy in the groin

sterek
However, you need to remember that buying all the listings for one item only to re-list them at a higher price is very frowned upon--and pretty ineffective, since the Marketplace still displays an average price based on sold listings.

At this moment i cant care less if it is frowned upon, i will do whatever i have to as long as it is not illegal, to put it in other way, some months ago i was questing for full Samurai Yoroi that at that moment was around 25k each (it was just something that you could get by grinding zOMG some hours daily) and now it is at 380M each, nobody can grind that much at the moment, so i am left with very few options

1st, grind as much as i can the events to get stuff and wait almost a year or two for the prices to increase

2nd, loot really cheap event items in marketplace and wait a few months for the price to increase drastically

3rd, like 1st option but spamming alt accounts along the way for 1 time items, but i think this might be illegal or will be illegal soon

Note that i did not added any option that included GC since, at least for me, in the currency of my country, buying 5 dollars would cost as much as buying 500 dollars and there is no actual free offers available on my country

TL;DR: Gaia left an sink or swim situation for non-cash players so i am forced play rough to not ragequit

Edit: It is impresive that now to fully play the events you to use gold for extra features and it looks like on this one in halloween you have to even use gaia cash, i dont know where this is exactly going, since this will hurt badly both parts, newbies cant afrod to play the mini game events to the fullest ergo reducing the amounts of rare free items that they can get, in the other hand this makes cash players to charge more cash to play the minigames

I personally have not seen something like this, ever, it is the first time you have to actually starting to think about getting a job at grinding events to get something to start with
Thanks a bunch for this thread. I just came back from about 2 years hiatus and was SHOCKED when i saw the marketplace prices D:

Big Fatcat

11,250 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Millionaire 200
Mooby the Golden Sock
Torse
yesterday's ATS also mentioned increasing the gold output from games

Right now the most profitable game on the site is, "Paste an email database and get 100 million gold!"

Because screw you, that's why.

PLEASE INVITE PEOPLE TO THIS SITE SO EVEN LESS PEOPLE CAN HAVE MONEY, Thank you Gaia, thank you

4,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Befriended 100
Thank you for this. I joined in 2006 and probably haven't been online since 2009/2010. I was wondering what the ******** happened- I remember having to get bugs for ink to sell in a tattoo- FOR 10 GOLD. and now you get 500,000 for inviting a friend? I remember that being 500 gold. Christ I don't even know if what I own is worth anything, even though the numbers are so high.
Thank you so much for this explanation. It's so difficult to keep up with things when I only remember to log in for events.

sirthink1's Queen

Sarcastic Smoker

Wow thanks for making this thread. It's been awhile since I've logged on and I was VERY surprised on the price changes.

Gaia you dun goofed.

Angelic Hunter

10,600 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
that is very bad news...
Now i see..
jfc that's insane

Fluffy Shapeshifter

This helped a tone in explaining stuff for me since my nearly 2 year break...

Can't believe this was allowed to happen. They've changed a free-playing site into a paying one if you really want anything you like on the site.

Shameful.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces