Welcome to Gaia! ::

Summery Seeker

Thank so much for this thread <3

The filters go under "manually edit your filters"?

High-functioning Shapeshifter

neatflocks
Thank so much for this thread <3

The filters go under "manually edit your filters"?

Mine involves going to Filter Preferences and clicking Add filter, but that sounds like it could be right.

Ruthless Raider

11,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Timid 100
thanks for the tips and adblock codes!
It has made trash searching/ flowerpicking/ bug netting so much easier biggrin

Ookami Oni no Senshi

You're welcome. That was kind of the point. cat_wink

Ruthless Raider

11,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Timid 100
Kangit
Ookami Oni no Senshi

Was just saying thanks... because I'd think some people would try and keep this kind of secret stashing and hoarding to themselves razz

Ookami Oni no Senshi
Kangit
Ookami Oni no Senshi

Was just saying thanks... because I'd think some people would try and keep this kind of secret stashing and hoarding to themselves razz

Well, I was thinking it would help lower inflation on those particular items by having more people knowing about this method. But Old Crumpled Newspapers seem to have gone from being worth about 50,000g each to nearly 500,000g each since the time I posted this. cat_eek So if it doesn't make it any less effective even as more people use it, why not share it? cat_razz Unless it's somehow making inflation worse (at least on Old Crumpled Newspapers)? cat_ninja

Ruthless Raider

11,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Timid 100
Kangit
Ookami Oni no Senshi
Kangit
Ookami Oni no Senshi

Well, I was thinking it would help lower inflation on those particular items by having more people knowing about this method. But Old Crumpled Newspapers seem to have gone from being worth about 50,000g each to nearly 500,000g each since the time I posted this. cat_eek So if it doesn't make it any less effective even as more people use it, why not share it? cat_razz Unless it's somehow making inflation worse (at least on Old Crumpled Newspapers)? cat_ninja

I see your point, but old crumpled papers are still spawning at whatever rate they were before... :p even though I can search and find them faster (and they only spawn at dusk and dawn too... so I won't find that many more I guess... I'll be clicking less and not picking up the cheap stuff, but how many more old newspapers does that mean I'll pick up?), I'll still sell them pretty high for whatever people are demanding them for (whatever mp price that is)
Plus there are a lot of striving alchemists out there...
Unfortunately old newspapers are just rising higher and higher... and with the piggies pouring out gold, it's just easier for people to buy them I guess...

Bashful Lover

11,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
IT IS DURING OUR DARKEST MOMENTS

Thanks for the guide! I think I may be using the adblock thing wrong though emo
It doesn't seem to work in firefox or chrome for me sweatdrop
THAT WE MUST FOCUS TO SEE THE LIGHT

l J e l l y B e a n s l
IT IS DURING OUR DARKEST MOMENTS

Thanks for the guide! I think I may be using the adblock thing wrong though emo
It doesn't seem to work in firefox or chrome for me sweatdrop
THAT WE MUST FOCUS TO SEE THE LIGHT

For Firefox, you should go under Filter preferences, Custom filters, then Add filter in the top right corner (if you only see Add filter group, try clicking the dotted line on the right side with the little arrows on it).

On Chrome, it should be under Options, then Add your own filters.

Feral Shapeshifter

23,900 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
any idea what is the code to whitelist great monarchs and demonflies? sweatdrop

Sparkly Explorer

5,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Jasmine Raylene Altina

I was going to ask the same, thing, if you could provide the codes for white-listing great monarchs and demonflies, that would be so helpful! I keep running around looking for these two bugs, but so far haven't found any lately, even though I go looking for them at the specified times of day/night.

Great guide by the way, it's proven to be an invaluable tool for Towns1. It was incredibly nice of you to share that with everyone. Thank you!

Timid Hellraiser

Jasmine Raylene Altina

DulcetFancy

I was going to ask the same, thing, if you could provide the codes for white-listing great monarchs and demonflies, that would be so helpful! I keep running around looking for these two bugs, but so far haven't found any lately, even though I go looking for them at the specified times of day/night.

Great guide by the way, it's proven to be an invaluable tool for Towns1. It was incredibly nice of you to share that with everyone. Thank you!

If you use the recommend codes which I assume you are doing, it shouldn't stop you from seeing great monarchs or demonfiles if they are there. I just recently encountered a enchanted trunk well using the ad blocker.

I better way to put this is that only certain bugs are singled out, not all bug, so no whitelisting is required. Where as blacklisting every flower you don't want would be a pain in the butt, so removing them all and whitelisting the ones you want is easier.

Or at least that is how I see it after reading this awesome guide!

Feral Shapeshifter

23,900 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
oh so Sweet Revenge
Jasmine Raylene Altina

DulcetFancy

If you use the recommend codes which I assume you are doing, it shouldn't stop you from seeing great monarchs or demonfiles if they are there. I just recently encountered a enchanted trunk well using the ad blocker.

I better way to put this is that only certain bugs are singled out, not all bug, so no whitelisting is required. Where as blacklisting every flower you don't want would be a pain in the butt, so removing them all and whitelisting the ones you want is easier.

But there isn't the coding to blacklist every single bug we don't want, there is nothing for the other dragonflies, or the other butterflies, etc. So I couldn't do it the long way even if I wanted to sweatdrop

Bloodthirsty Nymph

56,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
    does anyone know if there's a similar trick to the house one, except to walk through trees?

Sparkly Explorer

5,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
oh so Sweet Revenge

Thanks for explaining, I think I understand how it works better now. biggrin Also, I never heard of the enchanted trunks before, I'll be keeping a look out for those, that's for sure!

I just caught my first Monarch Butterfly!! Wahoo! 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces