Welcome to Gaia! ::

High-functioning Shapeshifter

Draconic Oni
Oh goodness this is so useful.
I've only been doing it for a short while, and while no rare bugs have shown up yet, I did find my first ever Towns giftbox!
I mean, sure, it was just a brown one, but in 8 years I've never found one. It was exciting! sweatdrop
I know that years ago I found a Great Monarch by a fluke (read: I don't remember how I got it, but there it was in my inventory), so I'm hoping to dig up more rarities.
Thank you. I'm going to subscribe for future reference. 3nodding

Unless Adblocking stuff is getting you through the rooms faster, then it shouldn't really make much of a difference in finding giftboxes. They should be just as easy to notice because they don't look like anything else in Towns, and they always seem to make your avatar do the "shocked emote."

Maybe the Great Monarch was from picking up random bugs before you knew that Great Monarchs are different from the other butterflies? cat_razz

And you're welcome. cat_3nodding
I just discovered the Gaia Exchange: Game Item Exchange where some ppl offer to buy town items.

Here are links to two thread - an alternative to selling on the MP?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/game-item-exchange/buying-all-paper-and-flowers-bc-1-9m-ocn-2-7m-pc-600k/t.90443179/

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/game-item-exchange/b-trash-bugs-zomg-fish-interactive-price-sheet-offline/t.93686833/

Dapper Darling

15,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Party Member 100
Thank you so much for this. I needed to upgrade to ABP anyway, but this is going to save me so much time. Also: maybe I missed other guides but I've never seen someone talk about decreasing bug spawn rates. This is pretty much the ONLY way I have to make gold on Gaia (I can't afford GC & with the recent GG scandals I refuse to) so this is MEGA useful.

Jean Noh
Thank you so much for this. I needed to upgrade to ABP anyway, but this is going to save me so much time. Also: maybe I missed other guides but I've never seen someone talk about decreasing bug spawn rates. This is pretty much the ONLY way I have to make gold on Gaia (I can't afford GC & with the recent GG scandals I refuse to) so this is MEGA useful.

You're welcome. cat_3nodding

I've seen a few different people mention the decreasing bug spawn rate, and I've also noticed it myself. If I switch to a mule after I've been in Towns for a while, there's suddenly a bunch of bugs again. The types of bugs also change depending on the time of day.

This is the main way I like to make gold on Gaia too, which is why I thought I'd share it. cat_wink
You can find Golden Legs during the day razz

IridescentSkies
You can find Golden Legs during the day razz

Thank you. cat_3nodding

Fuzzy Pants

5,950 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Thanks, this is very useful!

Selling fish and tickets is a pretty good way to make money too. biggrin

Fashionable Bookworm

9,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Marathon 300
This method you're suggesting seems like it breaks the rules & you could probably get banned for it. Unless I'm mistaken users caught botting will get banned & I don't want that happening to any users on here. Also for those who use this method of getting gold, hopefully you are generous & donate to users who struggle to make gold.

WaterMew
This method you're suggesting seems like it breaks the rules & you could probably get banned for it. Unless I'm mistaken users caught botting will get banned & I don't want that happening to any users on here. Also for those who use this method of getting gold, hopefully you are generous & donate to users who struggle to make gold.

I really don't think it is. You can ask someone from Gaia staff who would know (I wouldn't know who to ask, but maybe though Ask the Staff, now that I think of it), but I think botting would imply setting up a program that allows you to get gold when you're not at the computer.

You can also get mostly the same effects without Adblock (by which point there would be absolutely no reason it even could be against the rules), as long as you know the best time of day to go in and can recognize the items that are the most valuable. If you go in during dawn/dusk and collect the papers that look like this, you can still get a decent amount of Old Crumpled Newspapers (worth more than 1 million gold each, especially in bulk). You might have to pick up those whole piles of trash to see if there are any in there, but you might also be able to see them either way.

But those struggling to make gold can also use this method if they have a computer that can handle Flash and Adblock. cat_neutral

Cluttered Bear

68,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Invisibility 100
Thanks for this. Why didn't I think of it.

Caught my first rare bug, a Rhino beetle. biggrin I saw your guesses for rare bugs in this post. The code for the Rhino beetle is actually

@@gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/ground/beetle_1_4.swf

Weird how the common beetles are put under "fly" but the rare is put under "ground". I caught the bug at around 7pm or dusk.

Klatt
Thanks for this. Why didn't I think of it.

Caught my first rare bug, a Rhino beetle. biggrin I saw your guesses for rare bugs in this post. The code for the Rhino beetle is actually

@@gaiaonline.com/images/towns/002/npc/ground/beetle_1_4.swf

Weird how the common beetles are put under "fly" but the rare is put under "ground". I caught the bug at around 7pm or dusk.

Huh. I wonder why they would have made them different. But that's also why I specified them as "guesses." cat_razz And thank you for the information. cat_3nodding

Tipsy Raider

11,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Kangit
I've researched Towns 1 for a bit, and figured out a method that allows you to earn gold at a ridiculously fast pace.

Thank you, good sir, for sharing this amazing tip! Being able to walk THROUGH houses...what a Godsend! I have subscribed to your thread to keep informed and, so long as you approve, I have also linked this thread in a good friend's Alchemy Wing Mastery Achievement thread. We, as a crew, are trying to help a friend reach said achievement in the Charity forums. Is referencing your thread there agreeable to you, sir?

Kangit
I don't know enough about any of the other browsers, like Internet Explorer, Safari, or Opera, to know how to add codes for those.

Should you wish to add the info, I use Opera browser. In Opera, once you have downloaded/installed ABP, the little ABP stop sign appears at the top right corner of the browser window. To add filters, click the stop sign, click 'Options' at the bottom of the window that appears and another tab opens. In the new tab, click 'Add Your Own Filters', then I simply copy/pasted the codes you provided. Click the '+ Add Filter' button to the right of the add box. Should you wish to change the filtering preferences, just click on the filter you want to remove and then click the '- Remove Selected' button.

pirate Again, thank you much for sharing! pirate

~Z

User Image

zombie296
Kangit
I've researched Towns 1 for a bit, and figured out a method that allows you to earn gold at a ridiculously fast pace.

Thank you, good sir, for sharing this amazing tip! Being able to walk THROUGH houses...what a Godsend! I have subscribed to your thread to keep informed and, so long as you approve, I have also linked this thread in a good friend's Alchemy Wing Mastery Achievement thread. We, as a crew, are trying to help a friend reach said achievement in the Charity forums. Is referencing your thread there agreeable to you, sir?

Kangit
I don't know enough about any of the other browsers, like Internet Explorer, Safari, or Opera, to know how to add codes for those.

Should you wish to add the info, I use Opera browser. In Opera, once you have downloaded/installed ABP, the little ABP stop sign appears at the top right corner of the browser window. To add filters, click the stop sign, click 'Options' at the bottom of the window that appears and another tab opens. In the new tab, click 'Add Your Own Filters', then I simply copy/pasted the codes you provided. Click the '+ Add Filter' button to the right of the add box. Should you wish to change the filtering preferences, just click on the filter you want to remove and then click the '- Remove Selected' button.

pirate Again, thank you much for sharing! pirate

~Z

User Image

Sure, you can link it. cat_3nodding A lot of the stuff in Towns can be used in Alchemy, so being able to pick and choose what you find should speed things up for formulas.

And thank you for the information. cat_3nodding

Bloodthirsty Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
For some reason I can't help but feel this is violating the TOS of Gaiaonline...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff