Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Ghost

Vannequin
I shall go take a look.
And I'm glad it's helpful! I'm also glad people don't moan about it being harsh.... >w>

'Straight off after the page loads' thoughts:
- Needs some sort of name.
- the first post is good. Says what it needs to, no lies and has navigation.
- ... All your posts are different sizes, colours and layers...
You should just pick one, it looks messy.

- 2nd post starts off "I guess I should tell you about myself"... I just skip the whole post. If there is important information in there, no one will see it.

- If you're after a dream avatar, having lots of quest items is fine, but pick one, the rest should be in side quests.
As for your side quests bit at the moment... It's completely pointless. You're telling people things they already know. Go through the effort of putting things there and it'll encourage people.
- The bit with brought, gifted, anon is very nice. Keep that!
- ... I've only just seen the currently focusing on bit. You should move it over to the other side.

- Nothing really to say about the crazy quest, that's all fine.

- You have collection quests AFTER the donations...?
Why not put these with the crazy quest? I think that would work! :3

- Announcements and updates needs to be near the top.

I hope this is helpful and not mean... >w>
XD

NikNook's Kouhai

Byzantium Egg

Miss Munny
This helps, thank you!!
Yeah I'm having trouble coming up with a name sweatdrop
I've been contemplating scrapping the second post, when I browse quest threads, I read maybe a few lines then skip the rest xD.
It's just that I noticed alot of threads have then, that's why I included it but I think I'll just replace it with the announcements and updates.
Regarding the colours, all the text is black, except the completed list o.o (links I can't do anything about) so I don't think that's too many.
Lol, not sure how I missed that some of the post headers were different sizes, thanks xD
-goes to make adjustments-

Benevolent Ghost

Vannequin
Miss Munny
This helps, thank you!!
Yeah I'm having trouble coming up with a name sweatdrop
I've been contemplating scrapping the second post, when I browse quest threads, I read maybe a few lines then skip the rest xD.
It's just that I noticed alot of threads have then, that's why I included it but I think I'll just replace it with the announcements and updates.
Regarding the colours, all the text is black, except the completed list o.o (links I can't do anything about) so I don't think that's too many.
Lol, not sure how I missed that some of the post headers were different sizes, thanks xD
-goes to make adjustments-

Names are tricky. But don't use things like "stars", like "shooting to the stars" Everyone does that.

Just because other people do it, doesn't mean people care... XD

Well, why is that one not the same?
Or, have the titles on colour and the rest a different one, that way they stand out and you start getting a more personal feeling.
Yeah, everything is just random sizes... Do a base coding and then copy and paste, filling in the different bits, maybe?

Well, I hope I help.

Jolly Hoarder

13,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Miss Munny
- Reserved

Manny, I know a very important rule..
Do not use a bright color/too light color that is hard to read... I didn't see that in your guide, so I thought I would mention it. I know I have ran into countless threads with bright or really light colors, like liiiight blues or liiight greys... and like I would have to highlight to read it all, which I'm not gonna bother to do. I honestly leave....

But I think this is good advice to people trying to keep people from leaving/getting them to read... They don't seem to understand this...

Benevolent Ghost

Falcon the Nazi
Miss Munny
- Reserved

Do not use a bright color/too light color that is hard to read... I didn't see that in your guide, so I thought I would mention it. I know I have ran into countless threads with bright or really light colors, like liiiight blues or liiight greys... and like I would have to highlight to read it all, which I'm not gonna bother to do. I honestly leave....

But I think this is good advice to people trying to keep people from leaving/getting them to read... They don't seem to understand this...

Manny?
You make a good point, I have the same trouble sometimes. I shall add this.
Thank you for helping! :3

Benevolent Ghost

Made a few tweaks to the front.

Jolly Hoarder

13,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Miss Munny
Falcon the Nazi
Miss Munny
- Reserved

Manny?

Munny, I'm sorry ;-;
But yeah... And it's a turn off. Like... Im not gonna strain my eyes reading your thread.

Benevolent Ghost

Falcon the Nazi
Miss Munny
Falcon the Nazi
Miss Munny
- Reserved

Manny?

Munny, I'm sorry ;-;
But yeah... And it's a turn off. Like... Im not gonna strain my eyes reading your thread.

Tis ok. XD
But yes, I'm like that as well, so I've added it to the front.

Benevolent Ghost

Benevolent Ghost

Demonic Mage

9,950 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Party Member 100
hey i got someone to join as a co artist on my thread , is there any way i can let them edit posts and stuff ?????

Benevolent Ghost

lord dracool
hey i got someone to join as a co artist on my thread , is there any way i can let them edit posts and stuff ?????

That's nice of you to ask. But I tend to do all my own post styles and such.
I've just never got round to doing anything here. XD

Hot Marshmallow

Miss Munny

Hey smile Thanks for making this guide, it was really helpful 4laugh
Could you please take a look at my quest thread.
I was thinking of buying a banner to the first post and a side banner to the rest of the posts. And I still need to put the items I will be questing in there smile

Benevolent Ghost

TheSleepyBasilisk

Thank you, I'm glad it's helped you and of course!
Expect me to just say it as it is....

First post, very neat, tidy, pretty. I like the intro and the theme. The colours and things in the post are done well.
But yes, a little banner above those first dots would fit well.

I like how the theme is carried down, like instead of quest items, you have prey.

It's very very to the point, nothing lagging about that people won't read.

I think you've done very well, but some pictures/banners would complete it.

Hot Marshmallow

Miss Munny
TheSleepyBasilisk

Thank you, I'm glad it's helped you and of course!
Expect me to just say it as it is....

First post, very neat, tidy, pretty. I like the intro and the theme. The colours and things in the post are done well.
But yes, a little banner above those first dots would fit well.

I like how the theme is carried down, like instead of quest items, you have prey.

It's very very to the point, nothing lagging about that people won't read.

I think you've done very well, but some pictures/banners would complete it.
Thanks for your feedback smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces