Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100
The Ultimate Guild Guide

This is a guide containing all the knowledge on guild's known to Gaians. It will be devided into two sections, the Guild Traders Guide, for those of you wishing to become a guild trader, and the Guild Guide, containing all the known facts on guild's. This is the second guide im writing, so im not a Newbie when writing this type of stuff.

The information within this guide is not all mine, I had help from good friends who knew alot about guild"s, But the majority of it will be mine.

Also give this guide a thumbs up blaugh

Index
1) You are here
2) Guild Traders Trading Guide intro
3) What is guild trading
4) Where to sell and buy a guild
5) How to sell and buy a guild
6) Guild ID
7) Guild subforums
8 ) Guild account
9) How to find the guilds NET price
10) Scams
11) reserved
12) How to change guild ownership
13) Clearing out a guild
14) Posting in a selling/buying thread
15) Guild selling tips
16) Future guild additions that will help guild traders
17) The GGN's moderators
18 ) reserved
19) Ways to complete a transaction when selling/buying a guild
20) Reasons for a guild mule
21) How do I clean out a guild
22) The main GGN guild traders
23) What to do if you buy a stolen guild
24) reserved
25) reserved
26) reserved
27) reserved
28 ) reserved
29) reserved
30) reserved
31) reserved
32) reserved
33) reserved

34) Guild Guide intro
35) What is a guild
36) Inviting members
37) Guild costs
38 ) Subforums for a guild
39) Guild account
40) Future guild additions
41) Guild glitches
42) reserved
43) Advertising
44) Moderators powers
45) Deleting, moving, locking topics
46) Allowed in a guild
47) Not-allowed in a guild
48 ) How to Join a guild.
49) Tips on running a guild
50) reserved
51) Gaia Guild Network Forum
52) Reasons for a Vice Captain
53) Reasons for the crew
54) Reasons for a guild mule
55) Guild types
56) Guild Banners
57) What is affiliating
58 ) Jimmy's guide for the starting captains
59) Coming up with a theme
60) Creating the guild homepage
61) Inviting members
62) Assigning crew
63) Assigining vice captains
64) Holding contests
65) Making subforums
66) Having fun
67)reserved
68 ) reserved

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100
GUILD TRADERS TRADING GUIDE

This is a guide I made to help Newbie guild traders in becoming successful in the GGN guild trading business. if you see something I have forgotten, and I know I have pleas pm me and tell me and I will add it giving you credit for it, so I hope this helps you to enjoy the GGN guilds more and to invite your friends telling them of this awesome privileged of being among the most elite traders and exchangers on gaia. Make sure you read the guides FAQ
before you do anything concerning guilds. Pleas post some feedback. Also, this part of the guide seriously needs updating due to the current guild market.

PEOPLE WHO HAVE HELPED IN MAKING THIS GUIDE

1.WindowOpener
2.Mekryd
3.Oniongirl
4.Dri
5.Galvatron
6.Arethic
7.J-Barney

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100
WHAT IS GUILD TRADING

Guild trading is the buying and selling of guilds for a profit. It is a business that takes alot of your gaia time and gold if you want to do it for a gaia living. However it can be fun even with the time it takes, and it gives you something to do while on gaia.

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100
WHERE TO SELL AND BUY A GUILD

Where can I sell a guild you ask. There's only one place you are allowed to sell a guild and that is in the Gaia Guild Network forum of gaia

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100
HOW TO SELL AND BUY A GUILD

So you want to know how to sell a guild. There are a few rules you have to follow or your thread risks being deleted they are:
  • 1.ALWAYS put a link in the first post

• 2.ALWAYS put [SELL] in the thread title if your selling a guild and [BUY] in the thread title if your buying a guild.

• 3.ALWAYS give information about the guild your selling like how many subs it has, how much gold is in the guild account, how many members, how many posts, and some want to know the guild ID((located in the address bar of the guild homepage at the very end where it says id_then it gives you a number)) and if your buying a guild state how much your willing to pay for a guild and what type your looking for.

• 4.ALWAYS put [SOLD] in the thread title when you sell the guild

Folow these and you should do just fine
3nodding .

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100
GUILD ID

A guild ID is something in the guild address bar that tells how old the guild is. for example one with an ID of 68 would mean it was the 68th guild made on gaia. That guild ID however belongs to the Captains Guild for it is the oldest existing guild on gaia. The ID is a somewhat determining factor for when selling a guild this really depends on the buyer. Normally the lower the guild ID is the higher its overall NET value is.

EXAMPLE:http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=673

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100
GUILD SUBFORUMS

A guild subforum is like a mini guild inside the main guild that you can use to seperate different categories. You can have as many as you want and they cost 2.5k((2500)) a piece. The guild with the most subforums on gaia would be the Millionares' guild annex with 101 subforums and counting, Reality falls in second with 100 subforums. Subforums is called Subs by many captains and none captains around the GGN. These subs determine a big part in a guilds NET value. Obviously the more subs it has the higher the guilds NET value will be.

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100
GUILD ACCOUNT

The guild account is probably the most important determining factor in a guilds NET value. It is one of the first things buyers catch. And most would prefer the gold in the account then in the subforums but all like the mixture of both. I myself prefer the gold in the account. You fill up the guild account by members and you filling it up by donating to the guild((you do this on the guild homepage where it asks you for your username then you put in the gold your giving then your password then press submit.)). This is the gold that is used to buy guild subforums.

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100
FINDING A GUILDS NET VALUE

A guilds NET value can be decided many different ways; however, the most commonly used by me and most other traders are these. You take the value of a new guild straight from gaia and you start with that. Then you take the amount of gold in the guilds GUILD ACCOUNT and add it to the new guilds price. You then take the amount of SUBFORUMS and multiply how many you have by 2.5k((2500). You then add that to the guild account gold and new guild value and you get your NET guild value. An example is below.

guild new-----20k[20000]
guild account------5k[5000]
guild subforums------4x2.5k[2500]=10k[10000]
guild total------add everything together= 35k[35000]is the guilds overall NET value.

((Please note guilds hardly ever sell for there NET value))

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100
Scams

There are some Gaians who do try to scam others out of either gold or guilds, and that's why you should be careful in your guild exchanging. Prevention is better than cure.

• A common method of scamming by a guild buyer is starting the trade, then cancelling it after ownership has been transferred.

• A guild seller might insist that the trade is completed before the guild ownership is transferred, and then simply not make the ownership change, or to change it back quickly after giving the guild to the other person.

In either case, you need to reach an agreement with the other person about how you want the trade to be done, and whether or not it should be completed before the guild ownership is transfered to the buyer. Either arrangement puts one party at risk, and if you're not comfortable in dealing with the person you are dealing with, make sure you back out before you have started trading gold.

If you have been scammed out of a guild or the gold you should have received in exchange for one, you may report it using the scamming report form, which is linked at the bottom of the forum index page.

An omnimoderator will respond as soon as possible. To make it easier for them, include as much information as you can. Provide links to the thread and guild, the scammer's username (even if he or she has changed it), any screenshots or quotes you have and even the title of the trade if you can. All these things will help the omnimoderator to quickly sort the matter out and hopefully get back to you with some good news. ^^

((original credit to WindowOpener for above stuff.))

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items