Total Votes:[ 1105 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 133 134 135 > >> >>> »|

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Recondological Forecast

So, what does that crazy word mean? Hoard-thinking, if you want to be literal in your translation. I actually made up the word to make a joke about Meteorology. Extra points for guessing the joke.
Please note that everything posted here is my own personal idea and I am but one mortal man who is by no means infallible.

Hoard Now:
Work on Halloween and Christmas hoards.

User Image/User Image Carnival du Gothique

User Image Recolor Bundle #1
-User Image Blood Rebel's Anarchy
-User Image Midnight Reprisal
-User Image Hellish Envoy
-User Image Shade the Baby Dragon

User Image July Birthstone Necklace

User Image Fire Halo
User Image Sleepy Village
User Image Ultra Satan Slippers

Sell now:

User Image/User Image Culinary Coliseum

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Seasonal Hoarding Suggestions

These lists are by no means complete nor should you be afraid of hoarding other things. These are merely what I suggest. I also think you should get no more than twenty-five of any one seasonal item due to limitations of how much stuff you can actually get rid of in a short span.

Valentines Day
V-Day 2k9 Heart Lollipop
Broken Heart Mood Bubble
Loving Heart Mood Bubble
Love Wrapped
Diapered Egg
Sexy Present (Valentine's Day 2k9)
Grace of Aphrodite
Grace of Anteros
Romance Pendant
Long-Stem Red Rose
Red Heart Balloon
V-Day 2k11 Diedrich's Balloon
V-Day 2k11 Radio Jack's Balloon

Saint Patrick's Day
Astra-XI: Lucky Clover
Floppy Clover
Clover Fluff Plushie
Lucky 4Leaf Clover
4 Leaf Clover Pin
Clover Cap
Luck o' the Gairish

Easter
Bunny Hoodie
White Bunny Hoodie
White Bun-bun Plushie
Easter 2k10 Egg
Bunnepidemic
Easter 2k10 Grunny Egg
Oversized Carrot
Pink Bunny Slippers
Easter Bunny Ears
Bunny Tail
Chubbi, Cutie & Baby Chicky
Easter 2k11 Robotic Bunny Ears
House Bunny Ears
Dander

Prom
Men's Wearhouse Tuxedo
Men's Werhouse Flirty Suit
Men's Wearhouse Spring Suit

Halloween
Jack's 2k9 Vest
Jack's 2k9 Pants
Jack'd Skirt 2k6
Jack's 2k7 Pumpkin Beret
Jack's 2k7 Pumpkin Earings
Vampire's Coffin
Jackster Leggings
Jack's 2k9 Giant Lollipop
Jack's 2k9 Pumpkin Lantern
Jack's 2k9 Ominous Mask
Jack's 2k7 Headphones
Jackster Two-Pointed Hat
Jack's 2k9 Creepy Claws
Jack's 2k7 Armor Plate
Jack's 2k7 Pumpkin Ballgown
Vampire's Bat Swarm
Jack's Bat Clip
Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Flashy Cape
Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Stomper Boots
Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Reaping Sword
Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Cuffed Trousers
Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Pumpkin Cravat
Fightin' Jack's 2k10 Silk Boxers
Any Halloween Black/Orange item is fine, just don't go overboard with any one item.

Christmas
Spirited Hat
Spirited Shoes
Jolly Hat
Spirited Boxers
Spirited Socks
Spirited Gloves
Gingerbread Man Cookie
Holly Pin
Spirited 2k8 Boots
Tangled Christmas Lights
Spirited 2k9 Captain's Boots
Spirited 2k6 Hat
Spirited 2k6 Mistletoe
Spirited 2k6 Gloves
Spirited 2k6 Scarf
Holly Candle
Spirited 2k7 Socks
Spirited 2k7 Puff Vest
Spirited 2k7 Hat
Spirited 2k8 Candycane Stockings
Spirited 2k8 Scarf
Spirited 2k9 Captain's Coat
Spirited 2k6 Boots
Spirited 2k6 Corsage
Spirited 2k7 Boots
Holly Hairpiece
Spirited 2k7 Jeans
Spirited 2k7 Peppermint Lollipop
Spirited 2k6 Candy Cane
Spirited 2k8 Santa Hat
Spirited 2k8 Candycane Dress
Tiny Christmas Head-Tree
Any Spirited 2k10 Item
Any Christmas Red/White/ Green item is fine, just don't go overboard with any one item.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Proof

If you use/enjoy this thread and would like to tell others what you have successfully hoarded in the past as proof that hoarding really works post it in the thread and I can add it here. It would be nice if you included the name of the item, how many you had/have (in general terms if you don't want to be specific), why you chose that item, average buying price, average selling price, and how long you held onto it. You don't have to limit yourself to one kind of hoard or mention everything you hoard.

JaceQuin
A few of my more successful past hoards. I'll try to add some much more recent ones in the future.

Nightmare Box
Chose it because I had pretty accidentally hoarded some Bags of Win and made a lot of profit on them.
Had several dozen.
Bought for 5k each.
Sold for 75k-120k each.
I held onto most of them for several months but they actually went from 5k to 12k literally over night and within a few days were at 20k each.

Nitemare Sash
Chose it because it was the Nitemare companion to Angelic Sash.
Had between fifty and one hundred of them.
Bought for 50-70k each.
Sold for around 170-200k each.
Held onto them five to six months.

Super Prize 2k9
Chose it because a RIG that spit out past RIGs (all of which had been successful hoards and some of them wildly so) seemed like a good investment.
Had around twenty bundles or more.
Bought for 700-800k per bundle.
Sold for 120-200k per single.
A couple months plus the time it took to slowly sell them.

Codename - Fenrir
Success story:

I've made over 10 mil hoarding a few bundles of every CI released since the Snow Apple (excluding my recent hiatus), and I never would have thought of doing it if I had never found this thread. Thanks Quin, -. - d

Ramius1
Success story:

I started hoarding with Snow Apple and this first hoard yielded more than 50% profit! I've hoarded almost every CI since then except for the 2 CIs (months) before Super Prize 2k10 was released. Again, Super Prize 2k10 proved to be another huge successful hoard achieving amazing profits.

Thanks to Jace and his guide, I started with (just enough to afford) 4 bundles and the good returns expanded my funds to allow me to hoard 10 bundles or more for every CI easily now biggrin

Orlando1210
I started off with around 100k when I stumbled upon this guide. Since I was lazy, I decided to just buy cheap hoards at first, but these are my more successful hoards.

Secret Sparkles
Bought @ 4k each
Sold @ 16k each
This built up my capital for more hoards...

(Almost every month) Birthstone Sashes
Bought @ 12-15k each
Sold @ 20k~45k each, depending on how long I decide to wait
And these honestly built me sooo much money...

Double Complete Rainbow (which proved Jace has special powers!)
Bought @ 1.5k!
Sold @ 10k each
And I would have gotten more if I realized it went up to 30k and sold them sooner!
Now I'm pretty sure I have more than a million or two if I never spent any of my money on items that I wanted! And all of this came from just 100k!

Irony is Humor
My succesful hoards:
I've only hoarded RIGs,but I'll try some event items this year.I hoard them because they're not too demanding or super complicated to hoard.
I've been hoarding them since the Wrath of Gaia (although I missed most of the summer RIGs since I'd be away at that time of the year).I'd buy 5-10 pieces,waited 2-2 and a half months (depends on my real life.)Sold each for 1.5 times the value or (in most cases) more.

kitty868theonly
My first, and successful, hoard was the Arcana Break (AB) Bundles. Based on the information I read here and the advice I received for my questions (page 81); I bought two bundles for 660k each on May 2, 2011, they left the shop on May 10, 2011. I sold them both in the high 800k range, on May 21, 2011. One for 858k and the other for 895k; according to my Excel file, with the math, my profit percent was 21.5% (180,840) and the other was 24.8% (217,100g).

Shortly before I sold those bundles... I joined THG, the one shown on the first page... and I can't thank you enough for this wonderful guide and for the link to that wonderful guild. Other things I hoarded since joining were:
- Little Lucie
- Zodiacal (different gens)
- Screen King
- Double Rainbow
- Valefor Academy
- Sainte Ciel

How many were successful? ALL of them. I made profit from every single hoard item that I listed above. With Sainte Ciel, a recent (R)EI that finished, earning me 1,317,540g (exact number), selling each one for approximately 25%-36% more then what I paid for them.

Although those hoards were after joining THG, if it wasn't for this guide- I never would have found it. I never would have took the chance to try it. The AB was my first success, and it's all thanks to you Jace, for this wonderful, splendid, and informative guide. And as of now- I am slowly selling off Double Rainbow bundles/singles, and I will still have other small hoards to sell soon. As of now, I have enough gold to buy my dream item (one of them anyway); the Steel-plated Ninja Band, and even after buying it, I will still have enough to hoard other items.

Tarty Limeade
I made my first big break via Hoarding!
For the Double Rainbow RIG, I bought them at an average of 79,600g and sold them at 103,000g. I got 234,000g profit!

Traitors Blood
The best advice I've ever gotten.

Bought one rig bundle, let it sit for 4 days so far and it shot up 200k.
Thank you so much for this guide.

DAINTY KITT0N
Thank you Jace~

Wanted to say that because you've been patient with giving me advice~

I turned 4m into 11m within a month. And I didn't have to sit on "Just Added" and refresh over and over and over again. Thank you so much for all the help~

Hikari Souai
Success Story:

I decided to partake in EI and REI hoarding, since Jace made it seem risky but very profitable. I ivested in the Saint Ciel back when it was worth 400k each. I bought around 40 of them (don't ask how) and split them up into Agape and Eros. Sold Agape when it hit 1.7mil in the Marketplace and sold Eros when it hit 1.4 mil in the Marketplace. I kept some for myself, but I made such ridiculous profits from the ones I sold I recommend anyone reading this guide to invest. You will feel poor for some time, but it will be worth it. I now hit the exchange with 13mil minimum because of the amazing hoard and the advice on this guide. Thanks Jace, I now invest in Ei and REIs.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points