• Jack-pot 100
Updated the 'Picking a Hoard' post.

High-functioning OTP

23,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Success Story:

I decided to partake in EI and REI hoarding, since Jace made it seem risky but very profitable. I ivested in the Saint Ciel back when it was worth 400k each. I bought around 40 of them (don't ask how) and split them up into Agape and Eros. Sold Agape when it hit 1.7mil in the Marketplace and sold Eros when it hit 1.4 mil in the Marketplace. I kept some for myself, but I made such ridiculous profits from the ones I sold I recommend anyone reading this guide to invest. You will feel poor for some time, but it will be worth it. I now hit the exchange with 13mil minimum because of the amazing hoard and the advice on this guide. Thanks Jace, I now invest in Ei and REIs.
I remember I bought 10 Xmas 2k11 Event Festive Spirit for 50 gold each and then later sold them all off for 500 gold each lol

I'm scared to try it out with more expensive items xD

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Hug My WaTer MeAt
I remember I bought 10 Xmas 2k11 Event Festive Spirit for 50 gold each and then later sold them all off for 500 gold each lol

I'm scared to try it out with more expensive items xD

Well, there's no reward without at least some risk. How much risk is up to you. If you want to stick with event items because they require only a small initial investment that's up to you but the safer your investment the longer you're likely to wait to sell and the smaller the return is generally speaking.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Updated the 'Proof' post.
Hehe yeah.

Well today I bought 4x of the new RIG.
I hope I get some profit off this DX

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Did you buy them with gold or cash? Because either way I seriously urge you to sell them now and re-buy again later when the price goes down.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Hikari Souai
Success Story:

I decided to partake in EI and REI hoarding, since Jace made it seem risky but very profitable. I ivested in the Saint Ciel back when it was worth 400k each. I bought around 40 of them (don't ask how) and split them up into Agape and Eros. Sold Agape when it hit 1.7mil in the Marketplace and sold Eros when it hit 1.4 mil in the Marketplace. I kept some for myself, but I made such ridiculous profits from the ones I sold I recommend anyone reading this guide to invest. You will feel poor for some time, but it will be worth it. I now hit the exchange with 13mil minimum because of the amazing hoard and the advice on this guide. Thanks Jace, I now invest in Ei and REIs.

Nice. cat_cool I considered investing in Agape, since the scissors pose made it EXTREMELY useful and valuable. I didn't want to take the risk, obviously I should have, but whatever, I'm not gonna bother worrying about it. cat_cool

I've just been investing in RIGs but I'm considering going into other items. Gonna buy some of those Gro-Gain Max potions. Investing in cash items, you typically have to do some waiting to get that item you just KNOW will make a profit. Even sponsor items can be good if you know what to look for.
I bought them with gold when they were like 98k each : x, the price is increasing, but just a bit XD

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Hug My WaTer MeAt
I bought them with gold when they were like 98k each : x, the price is increasing, but just a bit XD

And I still would urge you to sell them now and re-buy in a couple of weeks when the price has gone down.
Okie, ill go do that.
Thank you for the advice 3nodding

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I bought a Juno's Lace as an investment, since the price has been higher than most MCs. Most MCs hit a price of 100k by the end of their release month, but Juno's Lace never got that low, so I have a feeling it would be a good MC to hoard. cat_ninja

I'm also hoarding Year One Soldier Swords. I notice that certain sponsor items go up in price after some time, and it usually has to do with how easy the item is to use. The Year One Soldier Sword was praised when it came out and already costs a couple thousand gold. It's simple but it looks nice, real easy to use, and it won't get rereleased, so I think it has hoarding potential. cat_ninja

Ruthless Noob

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
I do have one question after reading your guide. Out of all of the ways you explained which would you recommend to a novice hoarder to help them better grab the concept. Some people, including myself learn better from doing rather than be told how to/ reading how to. I'm sorry for annoying you with this stupid question, just curiosity is all.

Ruthless Noob

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
oh and on your recondological forecast joke, my guess is that it is from the methodological note on core inflation which calculates Inflation by comparing the average level of prices during a twelve-month period with the average level during the preceding twelve- month period. This is supposed to tell you the future of the inflation of the next twelve month period, even though it is just a rough estimate it is still pretty darn close. I believe the joke came from the "future" seeing part of the note where you switched the "Metho" with "Recon" which is short for reconnaissance. Reconnaissance is the military term for exploring beyond the area occupied by friendly forces to gain information about enemy forces or features of the environment in order to have better knowing of what is coming in the future, hence the joke. sorry that was long as hell....I'm not even sure if it is all right...its been a while since I've taken that class. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff