Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

Uriel Ledon
eulailyan mikoto
No Reve Rouille?
The past is all an illusion...

Uhm... it is there. Under goggles.

...It only confuses us.
It's also got a nice vest or two, and a back pack contraption (apparently it's a welder), as well as the cage body and wind up key.

And what about Techno-Mage?
It a more "in the workshop" kind of item but I've used it for steampunk costumes before.

Star Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Update: May 2, 2012

-Pants updated to read "Pants / Skirts"

-Empress Cotton added to the section Pants / Skirts.
-Techno-Mage added (with hesitation) to the Suggestions section.

Star Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
CalledTheRaven
It's also got a nice vest or two, and a back pack contraption (apparently it's a welder), as well as the cage body and wind up key.

And what about Techno-Mage?
It a more "in the workshop" kind of item but I've used it for steampunk costumes before.

It does have many nice items, and many items that /could/ work with a steampunk avatar, but the only form that I would say that form alone by itself is steampunk would be the goggles. Which isn't to say other forms can't be used with OTHER items to make it more steampunk.

I feel similarly about Techno-Mage. I think it could work with a steampunk avatar but I think it would be a difficult BASE to start out with when making one. But I'll add it to the suggestions section only because I've seen other people classify it as steampunk.

Dapper Lunatic

Uriel Ledon
I think it could work with a steampunk avatar but I think it would be a difficult BASE to start out with when making one. But I'll add it to the suggestions section only because I've seen other people classify it as steampunk.
I can see your point on Reve Rouille and as for techno-mage, no it's not a good base. It's not supposed to be but that's because it's an item of accessories. Steampunk accessories are still steampunk. I wouldn't use most of the goggles or hats you've mentioned as a base for a steampunk outfit either. But steampunk (at least in a fashion sense) is about the accessories. Good accessories allow you to dress up a simple Victorian or Old West outfit into some really nice steampunk gear. that's just my take on it.

Dapper Lunatic

Also, I feel like Lumiere Noire Reborn is very steampunk friendly but I can understand it you leave it off.

Star Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
CalledTheRaven
Also, I feel like Lumiere Noire Reborn is very steampunk friendly but I can understand it you leave it off.

I think these items could be used with other things to make them steampunk, but again I would call them just Victorian by themselves. The only thing that might fit the bill would be the shoes. That's my opinion.
I may add it later to the "Non-Steampunk..." list.

Dapper Lunatic

Uriel Ledon
I think these items could be used with other things to make them steampunk, but again I would call them just Victorian by themselves. The only thing that might fit the bill would be the shoes. That's my opinion.

Hence, "steampunk friendly".

Hallowed Knight

12,950 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Summer Celebrant 150
Don't pay the ferryman. . . . . . .

This guide is glorious, thank you. I found a few items I didn't know about while browsing it =3 Props mate.

. . . . . . . until he gets you to the other side.

Star Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Path of the Dragon
Don't pay the ferryman. . . . . . .

This guide is glorious, thank you. I found a few items I didn't know about while browsing it =3 Props mate.

. . . . . . . until he gets you to the other side.

Thank you very much sir. smile

Rainbow Ladykiller

I would suggest adding Astra-27: Clockwork Wings
and possibly Cybertronic Layer but I think they aimed to be more cyberpunk with that one, even if it can look steampunk.

Star Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
1tty bitty kitty
I would suggest adding Astra-27: Clockwork Wings
and possibly Cybertronic Layer but I think they aimed to be more cyberpunk with that one, even if it can look steampunk.

Ah I forgot about those wings! Thank you very much. And I definitely think Cybertonic Layer is best left cyberpunk, but thank you for the suggestion anyway. smile

Star Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Lady Jayne and the Mummy added to the Keep an Eye On section.

Star Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Hello! Anyone else pleased with Lady Jayne's new duster coat? I'm thinking we've got a new steamypunk item on our hands. biggrin

Tipsy Receiver

9,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Uriel Ledon

The Fuseling has a hair that works rather nicely for a steampunk look and i didn't see it on your list so i thought id suggest it. The Tavern Wench items also work well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff