Welcome to Gaia! ::

Learned Tycoon

10,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
I found that a few of the items in Captain Ara's Nestegg work well for a steampunk themed avi. Might that go under multi-use items?

Star Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Kinnin Vo-Shay
I found that a few of the items in Captain Ara's Nestegg work well for a steampunk themed avi. Might that go under multi-use items?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oh timid sky,
I walk alone.

Ordinarily I'd say yes, and of course steampunk really has no exact definition. It's something different to everyone. But the reason I chose not to include it was because I didn't want people who are perhaps only slightly familiar with steampunk might think that it's the same as pirate. And it's true, airship pirate is one of the divisions of steampunk, but steampunk is more than that. I'll put it in the suggestions section, but I personally didn't find anything in that item that I personally thought was steampunk. Just a lot of pirate stuff.

Oh deadly sky,
I walk along this path to heaven.
Art by Shinigami-ANBU

Tipsy Lunatic

I often use the Nestegg in my steampunk avatars. Those boots are by far some of the best available for Steampunk.

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
Wouldn't antique shop count with the boy's hat, vest, gloves, pants and others?

Star Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Prairiefox
Wouldn't antique shop count with the boy's hat, vest, gloves, pants and others?

Yes certain forms can be used, but most I'd say wouldn't work.

Lothar100's Queen

O.G. Noob

Very useful. Thank you.

Star Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Neuneu
Very useful. Thank you.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oh timid sky,
I walk alone.

You're very welcome. I'm happy this thread was useful for you! By the way, I really love your avatar, and your signature. biggrin

Oh deadly sky,
I walk along this path to heaven.
Art by Cats on Parade

Learned Tycoon

10,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
I love having this as a reference. It helps to know what other items I might need for a steampunk avi.

Golden Saint

9,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
The SD doll O. Renji has some pretty nice goggles.

Star Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
eulailya

Very true. And it shows you can add some color and still be steampunk! Thanks for the tip.

Star Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
eulailya

Very true. And it shows you can add some color and still be steampunk! Thanks for the tip.
This thread was very helpful. How do you like my avi?

Also: the golden compass compass heart

Hallowed Pumpkin

18,300 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Falling For You 25
  • Jack-pot 100
I don't know about you, but I think there are some colored items that work for steampunk.I don't get why steampunk is only known for browns and tans. there are several other colors you can use.

Star Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Sachi Aray
I don't know about you, but I think there are some colored items that work for steampunk.I don't get why steampunk is only known for browns and tans. there are several other colors you can use.

I know that. Is there a specific item you'd like to recommend?

Hallowed Pumpkin

18,300 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Falling For You 25
  • Jack-pot 100
Uriel Ledon
Sachi Aray

I know that. Is there a specific item you'd like to recommend?
Skyward mechanic I've made a few steampunk avatars from that item as well as Golden Aviation, Noel's gift (mainly the lord's coat and hat and the terrific pants), The speakeasy for the sash and the background (if going for one of the off branches of steampunk) but my main issue here is that with steampuk becoming so mainstream is that people only go with the "norm color scheme" and it causes us who love adding color to our steamgear to be told we know jack s**t. I love having blues and reds in my steam outfits sometimes if I feel daring pink.

and one item in the norm colors Scandalous Starlet's Lingerie for the pretty gold and brown top.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff