Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Loiterer

Cybertronic Layer is a reference to Angelic Layer.

Thanks for the thread! 3nodding

Kawaii Protagonist

41,925 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Married 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
.M i s a k i - c h i.
Cybertronic Layer is a reference to Angelic Layer.

Thanks for the thread! 3nodding

Thanks for the update and glad you like the thread. whee

Dainty Lionheart

24,450 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Novice Striker 150
Shinji_Fumajime
Everything from Capture Cut is a reference to Pokemon hairstyles ^u^

Alohae's Partner

Tiny Star

I believe the item butterfly's lament is a reference to the song oblivion by grimes!!
(the description is "see you on a dark night" which is a lyric to the song--also the hair is somewhat similar in color to the hair grimes has in the music video)

thyfe's Partner

Devoted Partner

21,240 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Shinji_Fumajime

Dame de l'Opera, La Belle Chanteuse, Phantom Death Masque, La Mort Rouge, Bhuntom the Rabbit, Nocturne Phantom, Erik's Masquerade, and Silent Masquerade are all direct references to Gaston Leroux's Phantom of the Opera (and ALW's musical adaptation). The item descriptions are quotes from the musical/book, or the items themselves (Bhuntom) are parodies. "Dame de l'Opera" is a twist on the name of the book, "Le Fantôme de l'Opéra."

Omnipresent Rabbit

30,750 Points
  • Energy Harvester 150
  • Married 100
  • Striking Knight 150
Sea supremacy is a Little Mermaid ref (Triton Ariel's dad)

Kawaii Protagonist

41,925 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Married 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
Thanks. I've updated the thread. ^_^

Kawaii Protagonist

41,925 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Married 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
Ok...updated some more, somehow I lost some of the listings while rearranging the posts. redface

Also I'm thinking I probably should have reserved a lot more posts. /hindsight

Kawaii Protagonist

41,925 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Married 100
  • Brilliant Light 450

IRL Noob

There were a TON of item references to movies back when Gaia did movie promos with free item grants, but the only one I can remember off the top of my head right now is the Travelling Pants, which is a ref to The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

IRL Noob

House Bunny Ears Detective's Magnifier Detective Kit Detective's Flashlight Bee Movie Suit Bee Movie Helmet Nancy Drew Binoculars Kung Fu Panda Chinese Star Mokona Hat
i believe i got the detective items from nancy drew promos but i could be wrong

IRL Noob

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

These are the ones I have in my inventory currently, but I'm sure there's more.

There are items like User Image and User Image too if you want to make a Greek mythology section.

There are also items based on brands or products like Verizon, Venus Embrace, and Skintimate but I'm not sure if those count.

Kawaii Protagonist

41,925 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Married 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
Wistings

Thanks for the note. I'm actually well aware of the promo items as I was here to collect just about all of them though I'm trying to decide if they're obvious enough on their own (I'm battling a 50k character limit which comes surprisingly fast) and I would like to keep the spots open for more items. I've been adding them in here and there though it gets tedious (which I know is a bad excuse but still...) A lot of them come up when one types "sponsor" or "sponsorship" in the marketplace.

Thanks for the links though, I'll see about adding them in soon.

Kawaii Protagonist

41,925 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Married 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
Actually I was contemplating making a Greek section but I'll have to get to looking around the site more. I'm sure there's plenty for that.

Greek

Eris
(Source 1) (Source 2) (Source 3)
The Nightmare (Golden Apple)
User Image

Persephone
(Source 1) (Source 2) (Source 3)
Persephone | Persephone's Return
User Image User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items