Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bibliophile

23,850 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hero 100
Fuyu No Yume
Great guide! I had a problem with a couple of the achievements. I have been on gaia forever and I have enough posts to be a conversationalist and an elocutionist. I received the conversationalist briefly and even put it under my avatar, and then it disappeared back into the area where the achievements I haven't obtained are.... It's like it's been revoked lol. I know it's suppose to be retroactive, so I am not sure why it's not completed for me.... I may have to open a ticket or go to Q&A, but I really don't want to... Or maybe report the bug.

Thank you. heart

From what I've read that seems to be happening to lots of people. Those two achievements seem to be particularly glitchy (I have Elocutionist and yet don't have 10,000 posts). There's a thread in Bug Reports here about the issue that you might want to post in, especially if you can offer any extra information, as it may help the Devs fix it. After that I'd leave it for a couple of days and see if it gets fixed. There were a lot of glitches when the first batch of achievements came out, and most of them were fixed pretty quickly.

Beloved Citizen

8,550 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Clambake 200
I really appreciate that! I will do so! Thank you. Also I have made over 1 mil in sales on the market place and I wonder if I will get the achievement for that too... Lol it's kind of silly to have to redo achievements you've done YEARS ago...

Bibliophile

23,850 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hero 100
You're welcome. 3nodding

And I got the Tycoon achievement after I sold a butterfly for 1g. So it definitely worked retroactively, it just seemed to need an extra sale to register. razz

Friendly Gekko

Hi
Are you going to add what the completed achievement descriptions says?

I only have a copy of this one right now:

"Prayer Circle" achievement!
You run with a pretty devout crowd.

Bibliophile

23,850 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hero 100
Per Magic
Hi

To be honest with you I don't think I ever properly recognised that it said something new when you completed the achievement. I knew it didn't say the same thing, but I was always so preoccupied with finding out what achievements I'd unlocked that I never paid much attention. razz

It's a very good suggestion though, and I probably should. Annoyingly though the only time you ever see the completed descriptions are when you initially complete the achievement - you can't get the pop-ups back again unless Gaia glitches out and shows you a load you've already earnt.

I'm going to bed now, so I'll see how I feel about it in the morning. Right now after the hours I spent editing the guide today, the prospect of having to do even more editing is rather daunting. razz Thank you very much for your contribution and suggestion though - if I end up using it I'll add you to the credits list. 3nodding

Friendly Gekko

Ladybird Sauce
Per Magic
Hi

To be honest with you I don't think I ever properly recognised that it said something new when you completed the achievement. I knew it didn't say the same thing, but I was always so preoccupied with finding out what achievements I'd unlocked that I never paid much attention. razz

It's a very good suggestion though, and I probably should. Annoyingly though the only time you ever see the completed descriptions are when you initially complete the achievement - you can't get the pop-ups back again unless Gaia glitches out and shows you a load you've already earnt.

I'm going to bed now, so I'll see how I feel about it in the morning. Right now after the hours I spent editing the guide today, the prospect of having to do even more editing is rather daunting. razz Thank you very much for your contribution and suggestion though - if I end up using it I'll add you to the credits list. 3nodding

You don't have to if you don't want to. smile

It's just me, irritates me I missed some to the auto popup they added.
I made a bug report in hope that GaiaOnline will add the complete achievement descriptions to those you have completed.

EDIT:
Random Note: Actually it was user Kamrey in my bug report that pointed me over here.

k0ruptd's Queen

Shy Sweetheart

14,175 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Great guide!

suru kaze's Husband

Man-Hungry Bear

19,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
You can get the Team Edward achievement with the vampire fangs as well. Just thought I'd mention that. Lol.

Bibliophile

23,850 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hero 100
Per Magic
You don't have to if you don't want to. smile

It's just me, irritates me I missed some to the auto popup they added.
I made a bug report in hope that GaiaOnline will add the complete achievement descriptions to those you have completed.

EDIT:
Random Note: Actually it was user Kamrey in my bug report that pointed me over here.

Oh I know I don't have to, but I want to now. My guide is incomplete! gonk razz There are other more urgent things I need to do first, but it's definitely on my to-do list.

Purple Rain xo
Great guide!

Thank you! biggrin

Marluxia1121
You can get the Team Edward achievement with the vampire fangs as well. Just thought I'd mention that. Lol.

Ah, thank you very much - you've given me a head start in my mission for the day. Added and credited. 3nodding

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

You'd think that the cig would work since a cigarette is pictured in the achievement's image.

Bibliophile

23,850 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hero 100
Rob the Crowing

You'd think that the cig would work since a cigarette is pictured in the achievement's image.

Yeah, it's causing an awful lot of confusion. I'm hoping the Devs will change/fix it - there are a lot of guns that don't work for the Brandisher achievement, and a few items that don't work for the Twilight ones that seem like they should.

I think these achievements would be much cooler if you could go to your inventory and find an item you already had that fit the requirements, or search for an item yourself on the marketplace, rather than being pretty much forced to look up how to complete them unless you happen to luck on an item that workd. It takes away the sense of... well, achievement.

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ladybird Sauce
Rob the Crowing

Yeah, it's causing an awful lot of confusion. I'm hoping the Devs will change/fix it - there are a lot of guns that don't work for the Brandisher achievement, and a few items that don't work for the Twilight ones that seem like they should.

I think these achievements would be much cooler if you could go to your inventory and find an item you already had that fit the requirements, or search for an item yourself on the marketplace, rather than being pretty much forced to look up how to complete them unless you happen to luck on an item that workd. It takes away the sense of... well, achievement.

Indeed, the revolver and assasin's guise should work. And a lot of the marketplace ones I've already done so I should just have them.

Bibliophile

23,850 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hero 100
Rob the Crowing

Indeed, the revolver and assasin's guise should work. And a lot of the marketplace ones I've already done so I should just have them.

Pistolera doesn't work either, which made me laugh... clue is in the name. razz

Which Marketplace ones are you thinking you should have? All the ones that are very difficult or time-consuming should be retroactive. It's only the ones that are relatively easy to complete that require you to do them again, and I don't think they're unreasonable.

9,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Thank you very much for making this. <3

8,100 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Mark Twain 100
~Question: When doing Overstocked, do the items literally have to sell "in a row?" Or would say, selling a panda between your 7th and 8th pancake ruin everything?
~Also, Dark Trousers works for Team Edward.
~Thirdly, not only is this guide awesome, but you are, even more-so, for making it. And, to top it all off, you have a Dr. Who quote in your sig! Bloddy brilliant! heart heart heart

Come along Pond. 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces