Welcome to Gaia! ::

Was this helpful?

Yes 0.32911392405063 32.9% [ 130 ]
No 0.13164556962025 13.2% [ 52 ]
I haven't read it yet! D:< 0.53924050632911 53.9% [ 213 ]
Total Votes:[ 395 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

writergrrl
Thanks soo much! I've been looking around for so long for a decent guide...and then I finally googled it, and guess what came up? So anyway, thanks, espedcially for the evolving tip! I really didn't understand how that was done... smile
Be Joe Cool. User ImageUser Image
User ImageGlad to help!

Dapper Fatcat

I'm glad to have been helped! What made you wanna make this guide?
User ImageWell, I made a breedables shop before, and a lot of people asked me how I made such a successful shop even though my lines weren't as good as others(which I do admit, they weren't). So I told them each one by one, then I thought, hey, what if someone else out there has their eyes on breeding pets? It took really long to explain everything to everyone. And thus, the guide was born. xD

Dapper Fatcat

It was nice of you to do that! The truth is that many people don't want to explain to others, because then they're afraid they'll steal customers. If there's anything I've learned, it's that Gaians are greedy and sometimes very selfish.
User Image-sigh- I have to agree on that one. I try not to think that, because it's bad karma.

7,625 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nice guide. Sooo.... I'm going to make an evolving pets shop (four stages; egg > baby > child > adult) but I wasn't sure how people go about changing the images for their customers. I guess the easiest is to just have the stages for a set period of time, then change it for them (ie: I host the images and change it for 'em when it's time for the pet to grow)?

At least, that's what I'm getting from your guide here (the sticky one didn't help at all on this subject :C).
Yeah, that would explain it. I also figured it out from a friend, this is a good way to do it too:
Crevan2008
When you have a file on your computer we will call is Snoopy1.png and say its at its egg stage you save it to your computer then you upload it to your photobucket. When it saves to your photobucket it will look the same has on your computer. Then you give the code to the person who bought the pet. Now when it comes time to change or grow the pet you go onto your computer and pull up the Snoopy1.png file and change it from there, but then you have a lot of things to fix and stuff unless you do layers (Which would be something not on paint) anywho or you can pull up another empty new one and do everything over again and change the pet. Once you have grown the pet on your computer file you save it, Now when saving the file you don't change the file name you leave it has Snoopy1.png when it ask you if you want to save over the file already there say yes. Now you go to your photobucket account and delete the old one, then you save the new one. The name should not change but the image will. and with that you refresh and the pet has grown.
User Image
so watwhen j00 make the line art
what program do j00 use?
User ImageIf I'm making pixel lineart, then I use MS Paint.

If not, I draw it on paper, scan it, and ink it in either Photoshop or GIMP. You can download GIMP for free.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User ImageHmm, it's okay...Though I'd suggest working on him a little more, his eyes are shaky and uneven.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ah, helpfull indeed. I always wondered how the evolutions worked. Thank you! biggrin
TPrata
Ah, helpfull indeed. I always wondered how the evolutions worked. Thank you! biggrin
User ImageGlad to help. (: I'm also making a new guide on how to make good pixel lineart, and if you ever open up a shop, post the link! I'd be glad to see what you made. (:

Quote:
Snoopy the Pilot
TPrata
User ImageGlad to help. (: I'm also making a new guide on how to make good pixel lineart, and if you ever open up a shop, post the link! I'd be glad to see what you made. (:

I had something in mind for a while, will have to think about it. And see if I'll have time... stare
Snoopy the Pilot
User ImageHmm, it's okay...Though I'd suggest working on him a little more, his eyes are shaky and uneven.

i know he my first one the sketchiestjust to get an idea of what they are gonna be

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff