A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Murmurlade
Thank you very much for the list!
If you weren't done reserving I'm really sorry and I can delete this post gonk
Yay! Thank you very much for posting! <3 It made me happy to see that someone had seen and checked the thread. n .n I am done reserving posts. Three extra should be plenty. :)

Mad Cynic's Significant Otter

Star-Crossed Warrior

31,900 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
One thing that would be interesting to see would be the ones who have a different pose than what you would expect, like with Adelpha's Resolve. When you use the agape scissors with that, it actually lets the hair down eek

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Elven Warrior Maiden
One thing that would be interesting to see would be the ones who have a different pose than what you would expect, like with Adelpha's Resolve. When you use the agape scissors with that, it actually lets the hair down eek

Thank you! <3 I want to include more of the unusual cuts, I just can't remember them. > <;
I'll make an image for that Adelpha's Resolve soon. c:
Wow, thanks so much for this guide! I've been away for a while, when I left there's only been the Agaoe cut and now there are so many emotion_kirakira one would expect that with this variety the prices to be withing normal range but no, billions needed D;

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
netamii
Wow, thanks so much for this guide! I've been away for a while, when I left there's only been the Agaoe cut and now there are so many emotion_kirakira one would expect that with this variety the prices to be withing normal range but no, billions needed D;

Thanks for posting! Yeah Agape was the only one for quite a while~ u.u; This economy is so messed up. With so many colors of the Sketchbooks, you'd think that there'd be cheap, affordable scissors out there. D;

Soon-to-come-updates:

Unexpected Agape Cuts
User Image Adelpha's Resolve
User Image Graceful Updo - Hair is let down.

User Image Modus Operandi (12 gens total)
User Image Mermaid's Hair - hair is let down and looks like it's flowing underwater.

Hair Extensions -- I didn't realize that these poses were supposed to be hair. XD; Thought it was smoke until I saw them listed in a bangs and hair accessories guide.
User Image Queen's Emissary
User Image Shadow Hair

User Image Queen's Advisor
User Image Shadow Hair

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

14,950 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
sdrawkcab
Unexpected Agape Cuts
User Image Adelpha's Resolve
User Image Graceful Updo - Hair is let down.

User Image Modus Operandi (12 gens total)
User Image Mermaid's Hair - hair is let down and looks like it's flowing underwater.

The Mermaid's Hair was the first of the more elaborate things that artists began doing with Agape, but those certainly aren't the only ones.

Would you like to work with me on this?
When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars
--Lee Stalk

[br][/br]
sdrawkcab
Post Fifteen -- Reserved
Any male hairs I can use with my avatar?

Sugaruni's Fangirl

Fluffy Adventurer

Pandaista's hat sorta cuts hair.

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
sdrawkcab

Some additional notes about Tektek & cutting hairstyle items.

Sainte Ciel: Agape (Disciple of Sainte Ciel) or Agape's Cut
- Some hairstyles have an additional pose called with SC Agape and a small pair of Agape's Scissors in the bottom right corner of their thumbnail; those are the way the hairstyle should look like on Gaia. If it's different, then it got changed at some point after it was added to Tektek.
- Equiping the "Sainte Ciel: Agape (Disciple of Sainte Ciel - Approximative)" or "Agape's Cut - Approximative" poses in the dream avatar will remove the back layer of the hairstyles as they were added to Tektek; depending on the hairstyle, it might gives exactly the same visual as Gaia.

M's Sketchbook "Hairpins" or any of it's recolor
- Choosing a hairstyle or hair extension having the "with Sketchbook Hairpins" as well as the small hairpin in it's bottom right corner of it's thumbnail should display it as it's supposed to look like on Gaia -- minus the layering of some extensions which might be a little different.
- Choosing any of the Sketchbook's "Hairpins (Approximation - Removes Back)" will do the same thing as the Agape's approximation pose; it will remove the back of the hairstyle as it was added on Tektek.
- Similarly, choosing any of the Sketchbook's "Hairpins (Approximation - Cut Back)" will apply a mask on the back layer of the hairstyles as added on Tektek which should be rather close to how it's looking on Gaia.
- Both approximations were added since both of them are the most common scenarios.

Hoarfrost Pass: Centurion (Cicero's Discipline)
Using the "Hoarfrost Pass: Centurion (Cicero's Discipline (Approximative))" pose should apply a mask fully covering the hairstyle -- that mask should be close to it's look on Gaia, with a few exceptions which are acting differently.

Sweetheart Schoolboy (Side Shave)
Like with the others, the "Sweetheart Schoolboy (Side Shave (Approximative))" pose will affect the hairstyle by masking part of it and adding the shaved hairstyle part. Keep in mind that the layering of the shaved part might be wrong when a chunk of hairstyle is overlapping the upper part of the body -- but it should be rather close otherwise. As always, it's only an approximation and there's some exceptions which might not be that close to how it looks on Gaia.

In short, most of the hair modifiers can be previewed on Tektek -- while not always exact, it can still gives you an idea of their look.

Unselfish Giver

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
pssst just to let you know there is an extra L before L

Also nice reasource guide KUDOS biggrin

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
sgkat

The Mermaid's Hair was the first of the more elaborate things that artists began doing with Agape, but those certainly aren't the only ones.

Would you like to work with me on this?
When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars
--Lee Stalk

[br][/br]
n .n Thanks. Yeah I understand that my list of unexpected Agape cuts isn't complete yet. I was wavering on whether to include a list of them or not... but I think I should. It feels lacking without.
And your guide is amazing, but you know that. I'd actually love to help out. I'm a little short on time for Gaia right now. XD; I took long enough to reply, didn't I? Ugh. I'll tweak this guide first and then contact you for further information.
I was wondering though, would you mind if I added a link out to your thread for those who are interested in what the haircuts look like and not just the items?

o Kujo
Any male hairs I can use with my avatar?
o: There sure are. But what sort of style do you have in mind? I think the sleepy head style you have looks just fine. c:
Also, this guide is mostly about the haircut items themselves and not about hairs/wigs... but I don't mind trying to help. :3

Murmurlade
Pandaista's hat sorta cuts hair.
Thanks! I'll check it out and add it. o wo

lilloulou

Some additional notes about Tektek & cutting hairstyle items.

Sainte Ciel: Agape (Disciple of Sainte Ciel) or Agape's Cut
- Some hairstyles have an additional pose called with SC Agape and a small pair of Agape's Scissors in the bottom right corner of their thumbnail; those are the way the hairstyle should look like on Gaia. If it's different, then it got changed at some point after it was added to Tektek.
- Equiping the "Sainte Ciel: Agape (Disciple of Sainte Ciel - Approximative)" or "Agape's Cut - Approximative" poses in the dream avatar will remove the back layer of the hairstyles as they were added to Tektek; depending on the hairstyle, it might gives exactly the same visual as Gaia.

M's Sketchbook "Hairpins" or any of it's recolor
- Choosing a hairstyle or hair extension having the "with Sketchbook Hairpins" as well as the small hairpin in it's bottom right corner of it's thumbnail should display it as it's supposed to look like on Gaia -- minus the layering of some extensions which might be a little different.
- Choosing any of the Sketchbook's "Hairpins (Approximation - Removes Back)" will do the same thing as the Agape's approximation pose; it will remove the back of the hairstyle as it was added on Tektek.
- Similarly, choosing any of the Sketchbook's "Hairpins (Approximation - Cut Back)" will apply a mask on the back layer of the hairstyles as added on Tektek which should be rather close to how it's looking on Gaia.
- Both approximations were added since both of them are the most common scenarios.

Hoarfrost Pass: Centurion (Cicero's Discipline)
Using the "Hoarfrost Pass: Centurion (Cicero's Discipline (Approximative))" pose should apply a mask fully covering the hairstyle -- that mask should be close to it's look on Gaia, with a few exceptions which are acting differently.

Sweetheart Schoolboy (Side Shave)
Like with the others, the "Sweetheart Schoolboy (Side Shave (Approximative))" pose will affect the hairstyle by masking part of it and adding the shaved hairstyle part. Keep in mind that the layering of the shaved part might be wrong when a chunk of hairstyle is overlapping the upper part of the body -- but it should be rather close otherwise. As always, it's only an approximation and there's some exceptions which might not be that close to how it looks on Gaia.

In short, most of the hair modifiers can be previewed on Tektek -- while not always exact, it can still gives you an idea of their look.
Holy moly that was beautiful. I didn't realize that my tektek skills had become lacking. D; I feel so embarrassed. I will update with your info (and give credit of course). Thank you very much!

CommunistPeriod
pssst just to let you know there is an extra L before L

Also nice reasource guide KUDOS biggrin
Thanks! O: I don't know how that was even possible. I don't think I'd ever have noticed that. XD

Quaint Bunny

59,925 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
sdrawkcab

Oh, don't feel bad about it... I'm not even sure I should be credited for it since I'm kinda the one which added those to Tektek to start with redface

Minsuil's Prince

Devoted Hoarder

sdrawkcab

This is such a great list! * U * I just wanted to let you know that a hidden pose in Eclectic Style of a Geek (MP!) also cuts hair using the cookie cutter style into a bob, although there's still a hat QvQ I think that might qualify for this list?

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
lilloulou
sdrawkcab

Oh, don't feel bad about it... I'm not even sure I should be credited for it since I'm kinda the one which added those to Tektek to start with redface
o: Well then, thank you for adding those items to tektek. :)

thyPOPE
sdrawkcab

This is such a great list! * U * I just wanted to let you know that a hidden pose in Eclectic Style of a Geek (MP!) also cuts hair using the cookie cutter style into a bob, although there's still a hat QvQ I think that might qualify for this list?

Thanks! And thank you for pointing out that item. I totally had forgotten about the haircut pose (and it's a good one too).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff