Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Phantom

Crystal Sparda
Horntastic
Crystal Sparda

Nice guide c:
You should include stuff for fake log-in sites.
(warning signs being clicking a link and suddenly being logged out, or the url bar doesn't look right)

If you wanted to, a "how to make a good password" section would be cool too~

User Image

User Image

Yeah, I already have stuff for the fake log-in sites in this post.
Thank you for the "how to make a good password" suggestion.
I'll work on adding that. mrgreen

User Image

Ooops shows how well I can read. *more skimmed than anything*
Frankly imo it doesn't take much to be a good password here, just as long as people don't use their username, "password1", or stuff from like popular TV shows... I've seen the password logs from the phishing popups before (silly people allowed the index of their site to be public) and some were pretty pathetic. gonk
There's probably some good guides if you Google how to build a strong password.

Phantom

10,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150

User Image

I havent been hacked ... and never will be with this awesome guide

pop up thingies annoy me cuz they pop up pretty often (actually it pops up repeatedly, each after a few sec.) so i try not to visit forums when that tends to happen -____-"

User Image

Phantom

10,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150

User Image

And ... Its suspicious how people clicked "</3"

User Image

Indulgent Businesswoman

7,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
This is a great guide. I have friends who've fell for these and gotten hacked. Thank you for making something like this for those who don't know.

Super Sex Symbol

20,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Nerd 50
This is a great guide. smile Thanks for making it. smile

Something else you can add to your 'I've been hacked' section is this mule:

*removed*

The account was made specifically for people who don't want to make a mule just to report they've been hacked. If you search for 'reporting a hack' or 'hack report' or any variation thereof, you'll find lots of unused accounts that were just used for reporting hacks. Almost every one I bet had to create a throwaway email, and that's way more work than some people are willing to go through to get their stuff back.
I don't think gaia's policy of 'don't let someone else report for you' is very intelligent, but this mule gets around the need to make a mule yourself.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

lenden
This is a great guide. smile Thanks for making it. smile

Something else you can add to your 'I've been hacked' section is this mule:

*Username and password removed*

The account was made specifically for people who don't want to make a mule just to report they've been hacked. If you search for 'reporting a hack' or 'hack report' or any variation thereof, you'll find lots of unused accounts that were just used for reporting hacks. Almost every one I bet had to create a throwaway email, and that's way more work than some people are willing to go through to get their stuff back.
I don't think gaia's policy of 'don't let someone else report for you' is very intelligent, but this mule gets around the need to make a mule yourself.

User Image
User Image

This is NOT recommended.
Rules say to never give passwords out to anyone, even if it is for an account
that is supposedly used for users who "don't feel like" making a second account.
Also, having an account many users use is pointless, as the mod taking care of the hacking report
would need to be able to directly contact the user who's account was hacked.
Making a second account isn't too much of a hassle.
Create a yahoo e-mail, then create a new Gaia account.
Having several users use one account risks account security for the users involved.
Mods need a one-on-one conversation to be able to help users.
Please, just remove the account and password from your post to prevent any warnings or reports.

User Image

Super Sex Symbol

20,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Nerd 50
Crystal Sparda

User Image
User Image

This is NOT recommended.
Rules say to never give passwords out to anyone, even if it is for an account
that is supposedly used for users who "don't feel like" making a second account.
Also, having an account many users use is pointless, as the mod taking care of the hacking report
would need to be able to directly contact the user who's account was hacked.
Making a second account isn't too much of a hassle.
Create a yahoo e-mail, then create a new Gaia account.
Having several users use one account risks account security for the users involved.
Mods need a one-on-one conversation to be able to help users.
Please, just remove the account and password from your post to prevent any warnings or reports.

User Image
Okay, I removed it. It just seems like such a strange system gaia has to report a hacking. Why not just have an email we can contact? Making another gaia account seems so wasteful.

Wailing Bro

I'll probably never get hacked again with this great guide!
But one question, isn't it a good idea to change your password every 5-6months, Incase someone's almost got it figured out?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Shirtless Explorer

That site from earlier, Crystal, my friend is testing it out. She made a new account not long ago and she figures that she should see if it's really a scam site and help protect people from it! I don't understand how corrupted you have to be to hack someone like that >.>.

Unless...they say that an Admin, you know the white haired one with the glasses...forgot her name TToTT...anyway, they say she joined. Honestly I think that the person just made a few TekTeks, copied the admin. and use photoshop to put the wrong talking bubble things next to the TekTeks, and wrote 'real' reviews.

That's what I get for having an analogical mind though. >.>

Distinct Gaian

8,475 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Distinct Gaian

8,475 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Really useful. I shall share this thread to my friends. wink

Obsessive Vampire

Amazing guide. Now I'll never be hacked. :]

User Image

Fashionable Millionaire

Thanks for this thread biggrin
Now I'm safe from any hackers trying to get my acc ninja
I've never heard of the pop up in forums, but I have seen the pop when someone is featured(Which is MEGA annoying) and some idiot fell for the "censorship" thing in Virtual worlds before
-__-
I'll make sure I keep that link thing to track the hacker by pop up, that it is VERY helpful cool

Subscribed and <3 this thread

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces