Welcome to Gaia! ::

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

User Image

User Image Let's bump this baby up so we can prevent hackings! User Image

User Image

Lionheart

Nice guide, Crystal! ;D
You should also mention that keyloggers copy keystroke, so if you enter a bank account, email, or anything, you're in trouble.
Then provide ways to get rid of keyloggers. o 3o

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Serethielle
Nice guide, Crystal! ;D
You should also mention that keyloggers copy keystroke, so if you enter a bank account, email, or anything, you're in trouble.
Then provide ways to get rid of keyloggers. o 3o

User Image

User Image Thanks, I'll start working on that. 3nodding User Image

User Image

5,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I feel like there are alot of these guides but not many that give actual good information on what to expect after you filled the hacking report. though it's depressing I think it's best if you know the truth of your situation.
I'm still not convinced anyone reads those reports at all. From my own excperience and other users, It will be at the very least, if your extremly lucky a 2 month wait before you hear anything on it. most people i talked to never got any replise though, and yes everyones says they got a confirmation number.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

peachywink3
I feel like there are alot of these guides but not many that give actual good information on what to expect after you filled the hacking report. though it's depressing I think it's best if you know the truth of your situation.
I'm still not convinced anyone reads those reports at all. From my own excperience and other users, It will be at the very least, if your extremly lucky a 2 month wait before you hear anything on it. most people i talked to never got any replise though, and yes everyones says they got a confirmation number.

User Image

User Image You just have to remember, there are a lot of
users out there that have been hacked
and filled out a hacking report.
I believe that it is kind of like a first come, first serve process.
Would you rather wait a few months and get your items back
or just have the moderator give you a blank account
and you never see your items ever again?
Be glad it only takes a few months instead of over a year.
The hacking reports used to be so backlogged a while back
that it would take over a year before the mods would contact the user.
Just create another account and get back into it
while you wait for a mod to PM you with some information.

I myself have never been hacked,
so I'm not sure how the process is dealt with,
but I've read plenty enough about it.
User Image

User Image

Familiar Exhibitionist

Bump!

Great guide. heart

8,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
I see you released the guide, it's very useful and I hope many members use it! biggrin

Mega Genius

11,750 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
heart bump heart

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

8,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Great Guide. I have a friend who just got hacked recently. If only she had read this. She clicked on a link that said she got a steel ninja headband and then she went to a site that looked the exact same as gaia and it said she was logged out and she had to log in again.

10,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
my old account got hacked the same way..click on a link. Usually i do check the website every time i go to a new page..but it was 4 in the morning so...the tiredness got to me..and i entered my information

sad panda D:

but i did report asap, never got a reply back, nothing happened..lost my account. i think unless you get lucky or know someone higher up...you won't be getting you're account back or a reply about what will be done about it.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

User Image

User Image bump heart User Image

User Image

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
I agree with the site moderater..!! It helps alot... so i decided to shared this thread, with all my friends!!

Cunning Lunatic

Crystal Sparda
peachywink3

User Image

User Image You just have to remember, there are a lot of
users out there that have been hacked
and filled out a hacking report.
I believe that it is kind of like a first come, first serve process.
Would you rather wait a few months and get your items back
or just have the moderator give you a blank account
and you never see your items ever again?
Be glad it only takes a few months instead of over a year.
The hacking reports used to be so backlogged a while back
that it would take over a year before the mods would contact the user.
Just create another account and get back into it
while you wait for a mod to PM you with some information.

I myself have never been hacked,
so I'm not sure how the process is dealt with,
but I've read plenty enough about it.
User Image

User Image

I was told hacking reports take less time now.
I was hacked a few years ago, while playing zOMG. I didn't fall for any password phishing either.
I got a mod to help me freeze my account because my stuff was being sold in the MP.
Admins had my acct. back to me in about a month. I got everything back and more.
I even made the admin go back through my acct to double check, which took a couple days.
Patience is very important.

Friendly Fatcat

I was once hacked about a year ago in my other account
At first it was the mod thing and it hacked my account.
Then I found out how to get my account back by using my e-mail and I got it back
Then I got hacked again by someone who told me to give him my password so I can got lots of gold.
That was very stupid of me and I lost my account and now he goes on it and pretends he's "His little sister" and talks to me.
Then he once again tried to hack this account by saying can I borrow your items my older sister really needs them for a contest!

But clearly he thought I was dumb. I read his other p.ms cause I wanted my stuff back and he clearly said I can't trade or gift since I downloaded this gold generator onto your account.
Then I told him he was a liar and then he never went on my account ever again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff