Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,300 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Trafficker 100
I have been tryed to be hacked three times i might bw smart at math and reading and ect. but i am clusmy sometimes.

The first time at gaiai was just posting and it went like it was a little window saying something like:
Hey you need to give your username and password to counitue. or something and i exited out of my mozilli firefow and i was scared that might of been true or not so i just turned back on a new secion and it didn't happen again

The second time was like someone pretended to be a moderator and i reported it and i crossed my fingers and hoped i was correct and then a really moderator wrote me a p.m. saying thanks for reporting that and this was my few weeks in gaia.

And the last one was a few weeks ago someone said "Click here to take stuff from me leaving gaia." so i clicked it because i saw a cute plushy in the picture and then it brought me tto a page saying "log into gaia" page and i was like," Wait... I KEEP MY GAIA ACCOUNT ALWAYS ON!" so i exited out plus on the stuff on the top it had like www,-------------------------.com/-----------/scam <- this is not a real addreas just an example.

I am just happy that i have never got keylocked or anything. And i am happy that i had figured out the scams
Subscibes to topic.~ emotion_c8
I love you.

Even though I figured most of this stuff out at a young age, when your nervous you do not think straight, and this is good just to read up on once in a while.

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
Crystal Sparda
Crystal's Hack Prevention Guide

Have you ever worried that you might get hacked? Have you actually been hacked before? Wondering what you can do to prevent being hacked? I'll answer those questions and more in this thread! I'll teach you how to spot a hacking or phishing attempt a mile away! wink

Just click the question that best fits your situation and you will be taken to a post answering the question. It is as easy as that!

Important Tip:
If you do accidentally give out your password, try and change your password right away!
If you wait too long, they'll steal your account and you won't be able to access it and you will have to fill out a hacking report (link for that found right below this).

IMPORTANT LINKS
[Report abuse or harassment] | [Report a hacking] | [Report a scamming]
[How to spot staff impersonation] | [How to stay safe on Gaia]

Questions, suggestions and tips would be lovely.
If you see anything I missed, please let me know by either quoting me (do not include the large amounts of text from this guide) or leaving a comment on my profile.

TY your methods are extremely very super helpful i tankyou for your exxcelent advice on preventing from being hacked
omg i just wish i had seen this guide earlier the same message came to me and i thought that it was real .....i gave away my password thinking as a mod sent me and my account got scrwed up sad ..anyways u hav done a nice job about this i greatly appreciate it MAHAHA i hav subscribed to it :] emotion_yatta

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

Robotic imanoob
omg i just wish i had seen this guide earlier the same message came to me and i thought that it was real .....i gave away my password thinking as a mod sent me and my account got scrwed up sad ..anyways u hav done a nice job about this i greatly appreciate it MAHAHA i hav subscribed to it :] emotion_yatta

User Image
          User Image
            Did you make sure to report the hacking?
            Reporting it helps you get the account and items back!
            I have a link for the hacking report on the first page.
Wow! This is great! Thank you for taking up some of your time to make this and help others! You've done a really great job. I've subscribed. :]
Crystal Sparda
Robotic imanoob

User Image
          User Image
            Did you make sure to report the hacking?
            Reporting it helps you get the account and items back!
            I have a link for the hacking report on the first page.
[/
quote srry i dint i thought that it was real and burning_eyes emo

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

XbeyondXsavingX
Not to spam, but ----{Name Removed}---- is one of the people who send the messages. Please look oput for her. She almost got my acct. D:

User Image
          User Image
            Just know, that if you report any password phishing technique,
            then the person who sent the message out will be banned
            and the account won't be usable (unless the account was hacked
            then the original owner can get the account back by filing a hack report).
            So putting out "beware this user" warnings are pointless and can be considered namedropping
            in a negative light, possibly affecting the original owner of the account in future situations.
            So, just report the message and remove the name from your post and you'll be just fine.
            As long as you changed your password and didn't share it with anyone,
            then your account is pretty much safe.
            Make sure to check out this post on the first page
            for the best way to prevent anyone but you from signing into your account.

Ladykiller

8,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Crystal Sparda
XbeyondXsavingX
Not to spam, but ----{Name Removed}---- is one of the people who send the messages. Please look oput for her. She almost got my acct. D:

User Image
          User Image
            Just know, that if you report any password phishing technique,
            then the person who sent the message out will be banned
            and the account won't be usable (unless the account was hacked
            then the original owner can get the account back by filing a hack report).
            So putting out "beware this user" warnings are pointless and can be considered namedropping
            in a negative light, possibly affecting the original owner of the account in future situations.
            So, just report the message and remove the name from your post and you'll be just fine.
            As long as you changed your password and didn't share it with anyone,
            then your account is pretty much safe.
            Make sure to check out this post on the first page
            for the best way to prevent anyone but you from signing into your account.

well i accidentially sent it thinking for some stupid reason it was real, but i changed my password right after your post in my thread. i hope it wasnt too late.

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

XbeyondXsavingX
well i accidentially sent it thinking for some stupid reason it was real, but i changed my password right after your post in my thread. i hope it wasnt too late.
User Image
          User Image
            Yeah, I saw you said the user was offline when you sent it,
            so since they were offline when you changed your password,
            then your account should be safe from them.
            They have your old password, which won't work now that you changed it.
            You did the right thing and were smart about everything,
            asking in the Q&A, changing your password, and reporting it.

Ladykiller

8,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Crystal Sparda
XbeyondXsavingX
User Image
          User Image
            Yeah, I saw you said the user was offline when you sent it,
            so since they were offline when you changed your password,
            then your account should be safe from them.
            They have your old password, which won't work now that you changed it.
            You did the right thing and were smart about everything,
            asking in the Q&A, changing your password, and reporting it.

yeah. i logged out n back in and it let me in, so yeah. but they asked for the email, so i hope that wont compromise it at all? and they definitely got reported.

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

XbeyondXsavingX
yeah. i logged out n back in and it let me in, so yeah. but they asked for the email, so i hope that wont compromise it at all? and they definitely got reported.
User Image
          User Image
            As long as your e-mail password is a strong password
            containing both numbers and letters, it should be safe as well.
            For example, "X3GH4DBC7WQ" is a safe password, but "password1234" isn't.

Ladykiller

8,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Crystal Sparda
XbeyondXsavingX
User Image
          User Image
            As long as your e-mail password is a strong password
            containing both numbers and letters, it should be safe as well.
            For example, "X3GH4DBC7WQ" is a safe password, but "password1234" isn't.

its my ex's gaia username, and hes no longer online. theyd never guess it lol i just couldnt think of anything else more random in a short time span so the person couldnt steal it. lol

Wheezing Noob

4,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I'm definitely adding a link to this to my signature!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games