Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did this help you with your gift error?

Yes 0.43055555555556 43.1% [ 31 ]
Nope 0.56944444444444 56.9% [ 41 ]
Total Votes:[ 72 ]

Dapper Phantom

Hello and Welcome!
This is a simple thread I made to let people know about the workaround I've found for the gift errors.

What is a Gift?
Unlike the donation items, a "gift" is where you go to My Gaia > My Stuff and click on an item not equipped to your avatar- such as Ice Tiara or CoCo Kitty Plushie. There is a small box at the bottom that says "send as gift". Click that and fill out everything and wrap it up- then OK it on the next page and it'll be sent to whoever you choose.

What is the error?
People have been getting this error commonly over the past few weeks. It says something along the lines of "unable to add item to your inventory".

What's the error do?
Nothing, you keep all your items and gold that you already have. You have received the gift and clicked to open it seeing the error. Now, if you close the window or use the "back" button then say "bye bye item"- as this has caused for MANY Gaians to loose those items.

And... You're here why?
I know of a work-around to this common error!! I am not aware of any such reports of a work around previously so that's why I'm posting this!

Work Around
Let's say you get a gift of a CoCo Kitty Plushie from a friend. It's in your inventory right- you click to open it. Next screen is the error. On the same page as the error, above you'll see the normal Gaia navigation bar-- click "My Gaia > My Stuff". If you don't do that you'll loose the item.
ie. closing the window on the error, hitting the back button

arrow I haven't tested it to see if it works by going to anything else first.
arrow I have gotten the error every single time (I've received a gift) but I've never lost the items just because I do everything in one tab and I ended up finding a 100% guaranteed work-around.

Why?
I've been noticing that people have been complaining about receiving gifts or something - opening them - and getting the error that their item was unable to be added to their inventory. In the meantime I'm stuck with this handy bit of knowledge that I've only told a few of my friends and those who asked.
Nice.
I think you have the item no matter what when you get the error, I don't think you have to do anything special.

Yeah, I was getting that error open old gifts that I had recieved, but everytime I looked at my inventory I just got an item.
I know. I got really angry when it sais error, but when I went to my items, it was there.

Dapper Phantom

Dixzallicx
Nice.
I think you have the item no matter what when you get the error, I don't think you have to do anything special.

I tried it with a mule account of mine and a useless item and when I didn't go to my inventory after I opened the gift and I closed the window and then went my inventory in another tab the item wasn't there even when I refreshed.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I saw this thread too late... crying

Dapper Phantom

WindPowa
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I saw this thread too late... crying
Oh bummer man sad Sorry to hear that

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas