Welcome to Gaia! ::

[claps]

whoa thanks. I now have a strong password!
My password I strong.

PasSWorD^_^123

Vicious Warlord

Paakun

Because I wanted to have a link in my signature that just talked about having strong passwords. I sent a PM to the user that has the very long thread about everything (it's a very long thread). It's up to them whether or not they wish to link, or just quote what I had to say.
Since the other thread has been linked by atleast two moderators and got replies from a lot of others telling how good it was, I guessed that you could work something out. sweatdrop Its a shame Sajhiri isnt a mod. ; (

you

8 digits of base-95 is a rather strong password. My Kerberos password for college is off that characteristic. I type it in everyday. Sure, for the first few days I actually had to look it up, but repetition has offered me the ability to remember the password. It's muscle memory. If you play a musical instrument, you'd probably know what I'm talking about.

And if anything, I'd rather spend 10 minutes typing a password over and over again to remember it, because it sure would be a lot more secure than hotdog or something ^_~

Also, it's strongly advised to log out after you're done.

Also, thanks Anlina S. I was guessing that most hacks were caused by those people, but not entirely sure. You're green; so you'd probably know ^^;;
Too bad I dont play any instruments, my "muscle memory" forgets its card number every other day. xp Im rather sure im not the only one. @,@;;

By the way, if you had to try your passwords for 10 minutes, you'll probably run into a few account freezes (your account gets locked for 15 minutes every three false PWs) Of course a normal english word is not wise, but a random code has its risks as well.

and sorry for the late reply
Very interesting. What a neat site. 3nodding

Thank you. This was very informative.
how did you work out the number of all possible password combinations? or was it just a random buncha number you wrote up?
Aldo
Since the other thread has been linked by atleast two moderators and got replies from a lot of others telling how good it was, I guessed that you could work something out. sweatdrop Its a shame Sajhiri isnt a mod. ; (

My intent was basically to have a link to a strong password thread. Basically, for that purpose alone.

Aldo
me
And if anything, I'd rather spend 10 minutes typing a password over and over again to remember it, because it sure would be a lot more secure than hotdog or something ^_~
Too bad I dont play any instruments, my "muscle memory" forgets its card number every other day. xp Im rather sure im not the only one. @,@;;

By the way, if you had to try your passwords for 10 minutes, you'll probably run into a few account freezes (your account gets locked for 15 minutes every three false PWs) Of course a normal english word is not wise, but a random code has its risks as well.

Oh. I was saying that one should practice their password in a safe room without anyone else around by typing it over and over again for about 10 minutes. Repitition is key here. I'm sure that there are a few people that no matter what, will forget their password and I'm sorry if you're one of them; however, most people can remember a random sequence of characters if they do it over and over again and use it every day. Heck, I know about 30 digits of pi that I learned four years ago. I rarely use it, but I still know it.

Karla Bloodheart
how did you work out the number of all possible password combinations? or was it just a random buncha number you wrote up?

It's 95^32 + 95^31 + 95^30 + ... + 95^7 + 95^6 (the ... meaing the terms in between, it's an easy pattern to follow)

Vicious Warlord

You make it sound like I'm the strange guy for not knowing the 30 digits of pi. x_X (3.14andtherestdoesntmatterforme I have the odd feeling that only the people who learned a trick on how to remember it (we have one in dutch) or people with a photographic memory can actually know it without looking it up. neutral Correct me if i am wrong.
Aldo
You make it sound like I'm the strange guy for not knowing the 30 digits of pi. x_X (3.14andtherestdoesntmatterforme I have the odd feeling that only the people who learned a trick on how to remember it (we have one in dutch) or people with a photographic memory can actually know it without looking it up. neutral Correct me if i am wrong.

No. I just wrote down the digits over and over and remembered them. If anything, the pattern follows like phone numbers: 3 digits, 4 digits, pause, repeat.

Vicious Warlord

You have a lot of freetime xd or you are really smart, probably the latter.
Aldo

I only took about an hour.

If you have anymore questions about strong password or anything on topic in this thread, I'd be glad to voice them here. However, if you wish to continue a conversation with me, I'd suggest doing so in a more apporiate place, i.e. PM; since it would be against the forum rules to hold a general conversation in this forum.

Vicious Warlord

Paakun
Aldo

I only took about an hour.

If you have anymore questions about strong password or anything on topic in this thread, I'd be glad to voice them here. However, if you wish to continue a conversation with me, I'd suggest doing so in a more apporiate place, i.e. PM; since it would be against the forum rules to hold a general conversation in this forum.
erm...Ever seen the "rumor patrol" or the "how to xp the qf"?
I use over 20 passwords and they're all random number combinations, it really isnt that hard to memorize them. Like Paakun said, repetition is the key. I even know my credit card numbers off by heart..

And this is coming from someone who forgets to pick up a bag i put on the floor sweatdrop

Vicious Warlord

Ilusen
I use over 20 passwords and they're all random number combinations, it really isnt that hard to memorize them. Like Paakun said, repetition is the key. I even know my credit card numbers off by heart..

And this is coming from someone who forgets to pick up a bag i put on the floor sweatdrop
most geniuses forget every day things?
Well the passwords are everyday things to me smile

Vicious Warlord

Ilusen
Well the passwords are everyday things to me smile
I make them everyday things for me by picking numbers that I will always remember.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff