Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interstellar Explorer

Added Song of Amour (referring to Harp pose) to Lants/lyres/handheld harps. 3nodding
Moved Spirit of Scotland (bagpipe) to Woodwind Instruments.

Interstellar Explorer

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
Hey, I love the guide! One thing, though (sorry if I'm nitpicking sweatdrop ) - the saxophone is considered a woodwind instrument, rather than brass, because of the reed and key system. Brass instruments use a different kind of mouthpiece that you buzz into and you change the pitch either by using just your mouth (like a bugle), or they may have valves (like a trumpet) or a slide (trombone) instead of a key system.

I hope I'm not being obnoxious by pointing this out, just noticed that it was listed in a different family.

I also found a few instruments to add... for percussion:
*There are black and gold castanets that I don't think are on the list yet.
*Vivacenote also has a tambourine in addition to the zither.
*Carol of Ol' Nick has that bell.
*Bell Choir gloves from last year's Xmas event.

And I guess maybe under brass or "other" ... all the different colours of vuvuzelas, which are usually just used as noisemakers but can be played sort of like a didgeridoo by someone who knows what they're doing.

I'll keep an eye out for any more!

Interstellar Explorer

Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image
Hey, I love the guide! One thing, though (sorry if I'm nitpicking sweatdrop ) - the saxophone is considered a woodwind instrument, rather than brass, because of the reed and key system. Brass instruments use a different kind of mouthpiece that you buzz into and you change the pitch either by using just your mouth (like a bugle), or they may have valves (like a trumpet) or a slide (trombone) instead of a key system.

I hope I'm not being obnoxious by pointing this out, just noticed that it was listed in a different family.

I also found a few instruments to add... for percussion:
*There are black and gold castanets that I don't think are on the list yet.
*Vivacenote also has a tambourine in addition to the zither.
*Carol of Ol' Nick has that bell.
*Bell Choir gloves from last year's Xmas event.

And I guess maybe under brass or "other" ... all the different colours of vuvuzelas, which are usually just used as noisemakers but can be played sort of like a didgeridoo by someone who knows what they're doing.

I'll keep an eye out for any more!

Thank you smile
I see, it's okay. I didn't really know of the non-brass parts of the saxophones sweatdrop
Oh, I didn't really think about the bells, but true, they count as ones. Now I remember the CD I have of instruments (Microsoft Musical Instruments) included chimes and similiar instruments. And some blow instruments like a big shell or the didgeridoo you mentioned.
I will add them to the list, thank you for the help smile

Interstellar Explorer

Moved The Wasp - Black Lacquer Saxophone from Brass Instruments to Woodwind Instruments.

Made Other percussion instruments category to the fourth post, moved Xylophony there and added Vivacenote - Tambourine, Gold Castanets, Onyx Castanets to the same category.

Added Bells category to the fourth post with Xmas 2k12 Bell Choir Gloves and Carol of Ol'Nick (very first pose with bell icon).

Added White, Black, Red, Yellow, Green and Blue Vuvuzela to Other Wind Instruments.

Big thank you for the hints Daffodil the Destroyer biggrin

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
I just noticed also, Global Imports has spicy, mild, and cool maracas that would go under percussion too.

Interstellar Explorer

Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image
I just noticed also, Global Imports has spicy, mild, and cool maracas that would go under percussion too.

Oh, thanks smile (Didn't look at Gold Shops much when I made the list bakc in January... rolleyes )

Interstellar Explorer

Added Spicy Maraca, Mild Maraca and Cool Maraca to Other Percussion Instruments.
Thank you for these as well Daffodil the Destroyer 3nodding

22,825 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
User Image
ιf уσυ єиנσу тнє fяαgяαиcє σf α яσѕє...

Thank you for taking the time to make this list!

... уσυ мυѕт αccєρт тнє тнσяиѕ ωнιcн ιт вєαяѕ

Interstellar Explorer

gataki_xx
User Image
ιf уσυ єиנσу тнє fяαgяαиcє σf α яσѕє...

Thank you for taking the time to make this list!

... уσυ мυѕт αccєρт тнє тнσяиѕ ωнιcн ιт вєαяѕ

You are welcome wink

Moonlight Phantom

11,100 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Big Tipper 100
sweet list. keep up the good work. 3nodding

Interstellar Explorer

jaTo blerone
sweet list. keep up the good work. 3nodding

Thank you, I'm glad you like it biggrin I will wink

Interstellar Explorer

Added Hellish Envoy - Horn of Dispatch to Other Wind Instruments.

Distinct Shapeshifter

Thanks for the list! yum_puddi
You may want to reorganize some instruments by alphabet. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out