Welcome to Gaia! ::

And now tektek is gone, what a shame...

Prodigal Prophet

I'm extremely angry that this even happened, that he just let the site go.

Seriously, it seems like all he had to do was to just stop displaying and making money off of the site. But no, just he just said ******** it to the site so many here use so often and so many put time and effort into.

Like he didn't even have to let go of the Recolorme website.

This whole situation is just stupid, hopefully someone else will take over Tektek, but who knows.

8,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
[ K i r a ]
Wow, I'm just so upset that this is happening. I really shouldn't be surprised at this point, with all the money grubbing that has been going on in recent years, but jeez...

I can kind of understand legally why Gaia is doing this, but it's just very frustrating that it has to happen like this-
where there is no good compromise for all parties involved. I won't blame Tekton if he shuts the site down, it's really not worth his hassle.

I have used tektek probably more frequently than I have used Gaia as of late. It will be a shame when it is gone. I'm just going to have to leave this site for my other ones since tektek was really one of the only things holding me back from leaving/being remotely interested in this site.

R.I.P. Tektek, you allowed me to stimulate my creativity without the worry of a limit to how much gaia cash or gold I had since '04.

Thank You for all the hard work you guys have put in over the years.
There is a compromise, Tekton's just not willing to take it. :/ All he has to do is randomize ads on TekTek and remove the connection to recolor.ME. Tha's it. But he refuses to. It's not Gaia's fault on this.

Feral Vampire

11,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Team Edward 100
ok so, I found this: all current info on the goings on with TekTek

it's over guys. TekTek will be no more.

thanks for the memories, Tekton. but I understand your interests lie elsewhere. now it's up to Gaia to make something happen with an avi creator.

Loyal Spirit

13,100 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bookworm 100
Wow, I'm just so upset that this is happening. I really shouldn't be surprised at this point, with all the money grubbing that has been going on in recent years, but jeez...

I can kind of understand legally why Gaia is doing this, but it's just very frustrating that it has to happen like this-
where there is no good compromise for all parties involved. I won't blame Tekton if he shuts the site down, it's really not worth his hassle.

I have used tektek probably more frequently than I have used Gaia as of late. It will be a shame when it is gone. I'm just going to have to leave this site for my other ones since tektek was really one of the only things holding me back from leaving/being remotely interested in this site.

R.I.P. Tektek, you allowed me to stimulate my creativity without the worry of a limit to how much gaia cash or gold I had since '04.

Thank You for all the hard work you guys have put in over the years.

MavkaKiss's Spouse

Man-Hungry Raider

Anakha the Silver
The Talewise
I don't understand why gaia has targeted tektek now out of all times, since apparently tektek has been advertising recolor.me for a while, but it seems to me like tekton's response (or lack thereof) is his way of finally letting go of the site

in which case, that's his decision, though I wish someone else would take up the dream avatar creator effort if that is the case.
A C&D order is ALWAYS a last resort. They probably have been trying to contact him for months.
Ah, I see, that makes sense.

I wonder if its not impossible to put together a sort of time frame as to when he started advertising recolor on tektek, when Gaia started trying to contact him, up until the C&D

I can believe Tekton avoiding previous attempts at contact considering the passive aggressive way I've already seen him handle this.

8,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
The Talewise
I don't understand why gaia has targeted tektek now out of all times, since apparently tektek has been advertising recolor.me for a while, but it seems to me like tekton's response (or lack thereof) is his way of finally letting go of the site

in which case, that's his decision, though I wish someone else would take up the dream avatar creator effort if that is the case.
A C&D order is ALWAYS a last resort. They probably have been trying to contact him for months.

Magic Girl

15,050 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Reiko Iwamaru
Wait..so..if Tektek.org goes, will all the tools on the site go with it as well? Like the gradient text generator? Just curious...
i never thought of that.....

Timid Phantom

16,150 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Wait..so..if Tektek.org goes, will all the tools on the site go with it as well? Like the gradient text generator? Just curious...

Magic Girl

15,050 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I've been on Gaia since November 2003.
Tektek.org was always the go to thing to help with dream avis and cosplay ideas and this is disgusting its almost gone.

Feral Vampire

11,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Talewise
Lavinia Nox
The Talewise

^^^^^this^^^^^

"Many, many months ago, TekTek launched a competitor site that directly began featuring ads on services carrying our intellectual property." yeah, ok. I get that this is a huge no-no, but why now? why not "many, many months ago"?

and you're right. the fact that he hasn't gotten back to them (according to Gaia), I think he finally has given up on it.

I'll just keep hoping that Gaia follows through and gets a dream avi creator up and running. I refuse to hold my breath since we all know I would just die from lack of oxygen because Gaia is so "awesome" at following through with things (there are a few pages that have said "...but it will soon..." for as long as I've been a member. and I've been here since 2005).
I also first joined in 2005!

I was away for like 6 years and came back this week to this.

haha! happy 10th anniversary to you then!

I don't remember when I first left the site, but I do know I came back in 2010. then I left again shortly after that and came back in 2013. so I've been kinda in the loop with the whole TekTek deal even though it still came as a shock. what really surprised me was the MP inflation! I came back just as it was getting super bad. now it's just beyond ridiculous. cat_gonk

MavkaKiss's Spouse

Man-Hungry Raider

Lavinia Nox
The Talewise

^^^^^this^^^^^

"Many, many months ago, TekTek launched a competitor site that directly began featuring ads on services carrying our intellectual property." yeah, ok. I get that this is a huge no-no, but why now? why not "many, many months ago"?

and you're right. the fact that he hasn't gotten back to them (according to Gaia), I think he finally has given up on it.

I'll just keep hoping that Gaia follows through and gets a dream avi creator up and running. I refuse to hold my breath since we all know I would just die from lack of oxygen because Gaia is so "awesome" at following through with things (there are a few pages that have said "...but it will soon..." for as long as I've been a member. and I've been here since 2005).
I also first joined in 2005!

I was away for like 6 years and came back this week to this.

Feral Vampire

11,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Team Edward 100
The Talewise

^^^^^this^^^^^

MavkaKiss's Spouse

Man-Hungry Raider

Dapper Consumer

4,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Obligatory Japanese Name
Idk, if the complaint is that Tekton was advertising recolor.me on tektek, then why not take down the recolor.me ads and/or see if someone else will take the website from him. He seems to be putting more effort into recolor.me than with Tektek.

That's exactly what I'm wondering. The message from Gaia above says Tekton hasn't responded to them about taking down the ad, and that they're only trying to shut it down because they haven't been able to come to any other kind of agreement.

I don't know if anyone's contacted Tekton about this, but it seems like the shutdown is really unnecessary... neutral

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff