Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Conversationalist

lilloulou
Writer Selbe
Tektek won't let me get my inventory code. Whenever I click the link to get it, it ends up saying it's downloading something like index.js or something and won't go through getting the code. A window will open and abruptly close.

With the problem you are mentioning, I can suppose you are using Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, it seems like the account worth page isn't working with some versions of this browser and Tekton couldn't fix it. That means you would need to use another browser like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for it to work. Take in note thought that enviro link for the dream avatar should work in Internet Explorer. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks. I was thinking that might be the problem.

Friendly Athlete

For some reason when I am using tektek.org and I try to put on mascara on the avatar, then when I save it, it doesn't save with the mascara. Is this a glitch?

Fluffy Senshi

19,700 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
Sweet lil lily
For some reason when I am using tektek.org and I try to put on mascara on the avatar, then when I save it, it doesn't save with the mascara. Is this a glitch?

Mascara? Do you have the name of the item? It would be easier to help that way smile
-Pardon buttektek dream avatar maker isn't working for me all of a sudden.
And I have no clue why it glitched like that.It was working fine yesterday and I use it nearly everyday.
It no longer responds to anything that I click when everything else on the site works just fine.
What might be the problem and a solution or is this just some kind of a glitch that will pass in time?

Fluffy Senshi

19,700 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Magical Girl 50
Stephano the Statue
And I have no clue why it glitched like that.It was working fine yesterday and I use it nearly everyday.
It no longer responds to anything that I click when everything else on the site works just fine.
What might be the problem and a solution or is this just some kind of a glitch that will pass in time?

Do you know which version of the dream avatar simulator you are using? You can know it by checking what's written in the url after "/dream/". Knowing that will help trying to pinpoint what's going on.
lilloulou
Stephano the Statue

Do you know which version of the dream avatar simulator you are using? You can know it by checking what's written in the url after "/dream/". Knowing that will help trying to pinpoint what's going on.

Um.... "/dream/dream_canvas.php?#' ?I was considering that maybe it was something with the flash player or java.I checked I have downloaded java and never messed around with it and for some time now I tried downloading different versions of java but in all honesty,by now I am just confused since the situation does not get any better.

Fluffy Senshi

19,700 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Magical Girl 50
Stephano the Statue
lilloulou
Stephano the Statue

Um.... "/dream/dream_canvas.php?#' ?I was considering that maybe it was something with the flash player or java.I checked I have downloaded java and never messed around with it and for some time now I tried downloading different versions of java but in all honesty,by now I am just confused since the situation does not get any better.

I can already tell you that the problem shouldn't be Java since the site is using Javascript which is totally different wink Also, since the version which loaded is the canvas one (also noted as modern version on the site), the problem shouldn't be Flash since that version of the dream avatar simulator isn't using it.

Are you getting stuck on the loading page of the dream avatar simulator? If so, try checking your browser settings to make sure Javascript is enabled. You can also try to empty your browser cache and temporary files associated with tektek.

If you want, you can also try the flash version of the dream avatar simulator here: http://tektek.org/dream/dream_flash.php
Also, just a small note to let you know that the canvas version won't work under Internet Explorer 8 and lower since it's not compatible with that browser.
lilloulou
Stephano the Statue
lilloulou
Stephano the Statue

I can already tell you that the problem shouldn't be Java since the site is using Javascript which is totally different wink Also, since the version which loaded is the canvas one (also noted as modern version on the site), the problem shouldn't be Flash since that version of the dream avatar simulator isn't using it.

Are you getting stuck on the loading page of the dream avatar simulator? If so, try checking your browser settings to make sure Javascript is enabled. You can also try to empty your browser cache and temporary files associated with tektek.

If you want, you can also try the flash version of the dream avatar simulator here: http://tektek.org/dream/dream_flash.php
Also, just a small note to let you know that the canvas version won't work under Internet Explorer 8 and lower since it's not compatible with that browser.

Those two are good to hear and I am using Chrome yet I just tried doing that and Javascript is enabled and I just cleaned my browsers cache yet...yeah.Nothing.
How may I specifically clear all files related to tektek? And I did try the dream avatar simulator before,still nothing. It reacts to like the first two clicks I do then nothing no matter what I'd click and I mean,everything with tektek worked fine yesterday then in the evening it stopped and I've been trying to fix this today yet so far no luck with that and it's just sad I know.

Fluffy Senshi

19,700 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Magical Girl 50
Stephano the Statue
Those two are good to hear and I am using Chrome yet I just tried doing that and Javascript is enabled and I just cleaned my browsers cache yet...yeah.Nothing.
How may I specifically clear all files related to tektek? And I did try the dream avatar simulator before,still nothing. It reacts to like the first two clicks I do then nothing no matter what I'd click and I mean,everything with tektek worked fine yesterday then in the evening it stopped and I've been trying to fix this today yet so far no luck with that and it's just sad I know.

I've just tried Chrome myself and it's working fine for me. Anyway, to clear specific files from your navigation history:

Delete your browsing history: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95537&topic=14666&ctx=topic

Delete cache and other browser data: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95582&topic=14666&ctx=topic

In each page, there is a link about deleting specific content; by doing so, it makes sure to keep the rest of your navigation data which you might want to keep.

If it's not working, I'll have to ask Tekton to check what might be the issue with you; however, it most likely won't be before next week.
lilloulou
Stephano the Statue

I've just tried Chrome myself and it's working fine for me. Anyway, to clear specific files from your navigation history:

Delete your browsing history: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95537&topic=14666&ctx=topic

Delete cache and other browser data: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95582&topic=14666&ctx=topic

In each page, there is a link about deleting specific content; by doing so, it makes sure to keep the rest of your navigation data which you might want to keep.

If it's not working, I'll have to ask Tekton to check what might be the issue with you; however, it most likely won't be before next week.

Oh dear not even that makes a change.

Fluffy Senshi

19,700 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Magical Girl 50
Stephano the Statue

I'll ask Tekton then. Make sure to let me know if the situation change in the next few days and sorry for the inconvenience until then sad

Edit: Oh and, if you happen to make it work on another browser too, let me know wink
lilloulou
Stephano the Statue

I'll ask Tekton then. Make sure to let me know if the situation change in the next few days and sorry for the inconvenience until then sad

Edit: Oh and, if you happen to make it work on another browser too, let me know wink

Thank you and I certainly will.
I will also try installing firefox and seeing if that will be any better.

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
A couple of months ago the page was working for me but now when I go to it and click on something, it doesn't work period. It wont show up and it doesnt how the name of the object I wanted to use. Help?

Fluffy Senshi

19,700 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Magical Girl 50
Niy S
A couple of months ago the page was working for me but now when I go to it and click on something, it doesn't work period. It wont show up and it doesnt how the name of the object I wanted to use. Help?

Usual questions: which broswer and which dream avatar simulator? If it's the flash one, did you at least made sure it was working well for you? Also... item names aren't showing up when you rollover on an item's thumbnail? Did you double check javascript to make sure it was enabled as well as tried clearing your cache/temporary files associated with Tektek?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff