Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Vet

Yeah, apparently fixing the "immortal fish" glitch made a lot of people lose interest. I hadn't realized how widespread it was, but I guess a lot of people were enjoying its effects.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Art by Nemphamel, click to go to shop.

I am the hero this website needs.

My fish are still immortal for some odd reason. *shrug*

Here I come to save the day!
User Image
Art by me, click to go to shop.

Aged Vet

xx I met my fate xx
My fish are still immortal for some odd reason. *shrug*

Mine have finally been very slowly dying off. Almost all of mine were glitched since I kept storing extra fish while I tested preferences. They're all still living much longer than normal once I remove them from storage, but I've had a few finally expire. Poor little guys. sad

From what I've heard, it doesn't work any more, at the very least. I guess a lot of the people with high-end tanks, like all dolphins, are unhappy since it's not as profitable when they keep having to replace their expensive BG stock.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Art by Nemphamel, click to go to shop.

I am the hero this website needs.

Ah. I never even knew about the glitch until a few months ago when I realized that the mermaid in my tank was almost six months old and still alive. ...and she's STILL there. *Shrug*

Here I come to save the day!
User Image
Art by me, click to go to shop.

Aged Vet

I ran across it because I had some mini-monsters that kept living for months, even though they were only meant to live about 2 weeks each. I kept hanging around in the Bug/Glitch report threads but eventually gave up and decided to wait it out.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
*Shrug* It sucks that aquariums aren't popular anymore...they need to update them so that the hype will come back.

Aged Vet

Yeah, hopefully they'll pick back up again. :3

I have to admit, I had pretty well fizzled out and neglected mine. >.< I really ought to redecorate it or something.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mine too, no worries. I started spending money on art instead.
Speaking of which...this is what I am working on RIGHT NOW User Image

Aged Vet

Ooh, awesome. whee

I have no artistic talent myself, but I enjoy looking at what others can do.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
It's 7 am and I'm awake.
I'm going to throttle my bestest/roommate.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Happy thanksgiving everyone. Have fun and be safe!

Devout Lunatic

18,075 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Ok, I have a question that's confusing me. I bought an arrow fish and then I opened my aquarium thing up to put the fish in... Right? And so I opened it up and found the arrow fish already floating around and swimming. That creeped me out, but it could just be I forgot I already put it in my aquarium. But then I checked it to give it a name and the age was 346 days. That was really strange since they only live around 6 weeks and I had just bought it 2 minutes ago.

Is this some sort of glitch or did I buy a really old fish?

Also, it doesn't respond to my clicking. And now it says 347 days. I give it food and there's no heart. I change the lighting and it doesn't respond.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Dainichi-Goddess
Ok, I have a question that's confusing me. I bought an arrow fish and then I opened my aquarium thing up to put the fish in... Right? And so I opened it up and found the arrow fish already floating around and swimming. That creeped me out, but it could just be I forgot I already put it in my aquarium. But then I checked it to give it a name and the age was 346 days. That was really strange since they only live around 6 weeks and I had just bought it 2 minutes ago.

Is this some sort of glitch or did I buy a really old fish?

Also, it doesn't respond to my clicking. And now it says 347 days. I give it food and there's no heart. I change the lighting and it doesn't respond.

Fate
User Image

I smell a glitch. You can't buy old fish for one. Once a fish has been put into someone's tank it becomes soulbound to them AND it doesn't start aging until it's put into a tank. Are you certain you had not bought an arrow fish before? If you are and it's not responding then definitely report it in the Game Bugs forum. Just title the topic "Aquarium Arrow Fish Glitch" and put all the details in a thread. Hopefully a helpful gaian or maybe even a dev will come along and answer the question for you. I'll look into it though just in case I can come up with something. ^_^

User Image
Click either half of the art for the full sized image. Click here for the shop.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff