Welcome to Gaia! ::

What are you questing for? (Thank you Chief ragnaroka)

Gaia Store Item 0.068579112505603 6.9% [ 153 ]
Evolving Item 0.22187359928283 22.2% [ 495 ]
Monthly Collectable 0.15508740475123 15.5% [ 346 ]
Gold 0.39399372478709 39.4% [ 879 ]
Other (art, signs, comments) 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 97 ]
Poll whore option. 0.11698789780368 11.7% [ 261 ]
Total Votes:[ 2231 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 137 138 139 > >> >>> »|

Interesting Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
User Image

* Banners by Flawless Wings

The best way to make quick money without spending your own cash on Gaia? Buy low, sell high on the marketplace.

This is a list of items for that purpose. This list features items that everyone will buy and are not sold in the shops. Search one in your price range, if there is one lower than the rest by a lot, buy it, then sell it for about 10 gold lower than the lowest one.

Subscribe to this thread and come back, i am constantly updating the list, because we all know prices in the marketplace change.

________________Announcements

________________Contests*

none at the moment

THREAD/CONTEST RULES: You may NOT bump, beg, advertise, flame or troll, or post anything low content (smilies, one word, etc.). You can make conversation about the marketplace in general and/or post about buys you've made so far. You may also suggest items to add/remove from the list, mention you're favorite items to buy, thank me for making the list or anything else related to vending. Any posts breaking these rules will be deleted and/or reported.
        In all 'skilled' contests (where you have to submit something to win, e.g. a link) : one prize per person.

* I reserve the right to refuse to give a prize. Most likely, i won't though. Also, PM me just in case after a while if i don't notice that you've filled the requirements of a contest.

Contents
Introduction Tips The List Updates Banners User List My Buys Why? Testimonials Post Forms/ETC

Interesting Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
User Image
User Image

________________Anyone have any tips that they can add?

More expensive items must have a higher profit margin, because of the 2% marketplace fee.

If you're willing to put the work into research, sometimes buying an envelope and opening it to sell one of the items in there can earn you thousands of gold. Try using the tektek item list to compare different envelope prices to their contents to see if the items in the envelope are worth more than the envelope itself. Beware that this rarely happens, though.

Try your luck in the Gaia Exchange forum. Often, there are people willing to sell items there way below the price in the marketplace.

Buying Sealed's and selling them right after the opening announcement is 85% guaranteed that it'll give you a profit. Whether the items turn out to be bad or good, just the hype is enough to make people buy them a lot. From there, decide on whether to hold them for a few more hours in the case they might rise or not. Good way to guess user feedback is through the GCD. Tons of threads showing each person's opinions on said letters when they appear. by Divinegon

Price your item accordingly. If the marketplace is quick, (a time where there are a lot more users online) price the item not as the lowest price, but between the first and second lowest prices, or even the third. This way, when the first item is quickly bought, your item is lowest. This can earn you some extra gold.

To check how many users are on gaia right now, click the 'Home' tab, then look under the menu bar in the top right corner of the screen. At peak times there are 90,000+ users online. The numbers drop to about 20k during other times. Use this to your advantage.

Take advantage of the psychological aspect of prices. 720 and 760 look very close in value, but 759 and 800 look farther apart. Know when to tweak the values. After all, lowering your price by a few gold won't ever hurt you. You can easily make up for it with a post, profile comment, poll, or even just plain surfing. by Kaito_7420

Vending expensive items doesn't neccesarily mean that you'll get rich quicker. Remember, the lower the price of your item, the more people that are available that have the gold to buy it. Knowing this, try vending with items of a wide variety or prices so you guarantee the flow of gold.

When you find a bargain in the marketplace, check the shop of the person who put up that bargain for sale. With a little luck, he might have even more bargains for sale. by Divinegon

[With items that you can] sell in quantities, [people] usually sell lower than the "lowest buy price." For example, if someone sells 2 1M raffle tickets, the unit price [could be] lower than the buy price. by BubblyWine

Be wary of items that are artificially inflated. Items are so when one or more person buys out most of the same item in the marketplace in view of selling them all again at a higher price.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Divinegon quoted: The "Show Graphs" option seems terribly useful, specially to understand where the flow of sold items and price variations are going through.

I divide items in my mind by two categories:

- Those that are sold in large quantities in short time (Like 100+ in a day). These are great to assure that your item gets bought quickly before someone else puts up a price below yours. On the offset, since they're bought so quickly, sometimes its hard to catch a bargain in time.

- Those that are sold in small quantities ( +20 a day). These seem optimal to me in items that are valued about 10k. If a bargain comes, you have much more time to get it due to low traffic, and usually these allow you to net a 2k profit per item. Offset is that sometimes it may take a bit before that item is sold (Like half an hour to a day even), so you risk yourself having someone list his/her item slightly lower than yours, putting you in danger of not being able to sell your item for a profit at all.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Divinegon quoted: One of the most important things to do when you get a new Evolution Item or even with any other already existing is check who the artist is. This is a very important factor on several points:

- If the artist had good famous EI items, anything new he makes will be hyped (This can be bad since the item might be over hoarded but that seems to be unusual). Likewise, the reverse can happen. For example, anything done by pepper-tea will mostly give a good profit, since she did items like Picolitrosso's Urn, which Gaians enjoyed a lot. On the other end of the spectrum: DrinkyTengu, although sometimes having good concepts, just isn't good at executing them and making them mix well with most items. So that artist's works won't be so much sought after and they won't rise much. Just look at Yemaya's Pearl.

- You can then read/subscribe the artist's journal. There you'll usually find concept art and hints on the direction they intend to give to their work. Also, important news like ethe's (Gogh Reed) internship being over until next month, thus leading to her EI having guest entries from pepper-teat and reapersun, are very useful to know.

User Image

Contents
Introduction Tips The List Updates Banners User List My Buys Why? Testimonials Post Forms/ETC

Interesting Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Click here to open the marketplace

Thank Divinegon for making the list conveniently clickable. ;D

<500
Goldfish Drop
Hermit Cat Drop
V-Day 2k11 Radio Jack's Balloon
V-Day 2k11 Diedrich's Balloon
V-Day 2k11 Gloryheart Bouquet
V-Day 2k11 Heartsbane Bouquet

500-1000
V-Day 2k11 Gloryheart Parasol
Enchanted Wooden Trunk
Deluxe Cat Ears
Cuttlefish Drop
Titan's Legacy (Seed)
Grave Danger Fairy Wings
V-Day 2k11 Heartsbane Parasol
Aquarium Goldfish
Grave Danger Widow's Parasol

1000-2000
Brown Magical Giftbox
Super Street Fighter 4 Deejay's Pants
Labu Necklace
Striped Stockings
Pearls
Aquarium Hermit Cat

2000-3000
Blue Magical Giftbox
Wind Halo
Mimzy
Cuttlephones
Grave Danger Spectral Shroud
Aquarium Cuttlefish
Mokona Hat

3000-4000
Year One Soldier's Sword
Pink Magical Giftbox
Gift Box
Kokeshi Kimono
Starmony

4000-6000
Ninja Hood
Studded Leather Collar
Fai Coat
Heart of Gold

6000-8000
Ghost Skin 2k10
Fox Ears
Deadly Mood Bubble
Naruto Kunai
Chapeau Demonique
Aquarium Sharktooth Fish
V-Day 2k11 Gloryheart Sword
V-Day 2k11 Heartsbane Blade

8,000-10,000
Catastrophe
Ninja Sword
Heart Eye Patch
Bright KISS
Cold KISS

10,000-15,000
Fox Tail
Street Fighter IV Megapack
Satin Hairbow
Wild Armor
Oh My Gumball

15,000-20,000
Kitty Slippers
Gaia 7th Anniversary Phee-Chan Slippers
Ace Meow
Secret Sparkles

20,000-25,000

25,000-30,000
Heavenly Drapes
Golden Sparkles

30,000-40,000
Rock Hard (Demonic Mic)

40,000-50,000+
Magical Girl
Raider Shih's Garment
Trendy Dark Skinny Jeans
Luck Key
Masterpieces

Click here to open the marketplace

Contents

Interesting Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
User Image

31oct10 [ will be posting in the thread for updates from now on. ]

________________Updates Archive
User Image

30oct10 [ updatey! ]
        19may10 [seems i've been forgetting to write updates. list fully updated. smile ]
        26apr09 [added some banners & deleted old ugly ones +++ fully updated the list]
        24mar09 [added &&& deleted a couple of items]
        22feb09 [banner titles added, they were made by Flawless Wings, bought from V a r n i s h e d, his graphics shop.]
        20feb09 [whole list updated && added some repo lamp items]
        16feb09 [added contest & rules]
        31jan09 [updated the whole list. deleted zomg rings, added some MCs. ]
        24jan09 [redesigned the whole guide to make it more pwetty. =D ]
        17jan09 [whole list updated.]
        3jan09 [all Christmas items removed from list. slight update. :] ]
        19dec08 [added all the zOMG rings to the list. great items for vending.]
        13dec08 [whole list updated, added new items.]
        5dec08 [whole list updated.]
        7nov08 [whole list updates, added new items, and removed some MCs from list.]
        16sep08 [whole list is updated, added new items.]
        24jul08 [whole list is fully updated]
        22jul08 [updated list to 10k list of items. rest will be done soon.]
        19jul08 [new poll.]
        30jun08 [full update of list.] 1jun08 [whole list is fully updated.]
        31may08 [updated the first half of the items. i'll be going to the gold coast (Australia) for a week on monday. yay.]
        27may08 [i'm at school now, but i've got some time, i'll be updating the list of items above 10k]
        22may08 [changed the headers to text. ew glitter text, whatever was i thinking? guh, i'm lazy. i got cs3 so i'll do my own. i'm in the process of updating the list right now.]
        2apr08 [updated all items from 10k up]
        27mar08 [list extended to 50,000. added loads of items]
        26mar08 [list update]
        7mar08 [list update]
        12feb08 [list update] 2feb08 [list extended to 20,000. major list update. added loads of items]
        31jan08 [list update]
        30jan08 [added banners]
        23jan08 [eep, haven't updated in a while]
        10dec07 [list update]
        6dec07 [list update]
        2dec07 [list update]
        29nov07 [list update]
        25nov07 [list update]
        12nov07 [list update]
        8nov07 [posted list on gaia for first time]

________________Past Polls

Captured on 4 March 2009

User Image

Captured on 27 January 2009

User Image

Captured on 19 July 2008

User Image

________________Past Contests

First to post on page 40 gets 5k. Winner: Nanocubine
        The person who posts the 600 post gets 2k. Winner: phoenix down syndrome
        The first to post the link to a bargain that you just bought that'll earn you a 2k profit will get 3k. Winner: Lumari
        The first to post the link to a bargain that you just bought that'll earn you a 5k profit will get 2k. Winner: Mecha Beelzebub
        The first to post the link to a bargain that you just bought that'll earn you a 10k profit will get 2k. Winner: x3ookiineko
        The person who posts the 700 post gets 2k. Ousto Logra
        First to post on page 45 gets 1k. Winner: Synster_Gates_Lover
        First to post on page 50 gets 1k. Winner: The-Chibitastic-one
        Name the item which holds the description below, and win 1k. Winner: Kaito_7420 (with guess of Smashing Cities.)
        Name the item which holds the description below, and win 1k. Winner: Tembila
        The person who posts the 800 post gets 2k. Winner: Emperor Xele
        Find the secret note. 2k Winner: Kaito_7420
        The second to post the link to a bargain that you just bought that'll earn you a 2k profit will get 1k. Winner: Synster_Gates_Lover
        The second to post the link to a bargain that you just bought that'll earn you a 5k profit will get 2k. Winner: keirapop
        The second to post the link to a bargain that you just bought that'll earn you a 10k profit will get 3k. Winner: [Blank.Wave.Arcade]

Contents

Interesting Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
User Image

Make sure you follow the instructions in the code: a number between what it says. Remove the brackets and all the text between it when you write your number. PM me for help if you need it.

Use tinyurl to shorten the image URL when you change it if you're putting it in your signature.
        The tiny url to this guide is: http://tinyurl.com/wantgold
        Yay, I got a good one. biggrin

WARNING: I removed the old banners from here, but I didn't delete them. They'll still work. ;D

User Image
                          2. User Image 3. User Image 4. User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/wantgold][IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/Bebe_Kiki/GB/b[number from 1 to 4 here].png[/IMG][/url]

1. User Image 2. User Image 3. User Image

4. User Image 5. User Image 6. User Image

7. User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/wantgold][IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/Bebe_Kiki/GB/guidebanner2_[number from 1 to 7 here].png[/IMG][/url]

1. User Image 2. User Image 3. User Image

4. User Image 5. User Image 6. User Image

7. User Image 8. User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/wantgold][IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/Bebe_Kiki/GB/[number from 1 to 8 here].png[/IMG][/url]

Contents

Interesting Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
User Image

If there is anyone out there that actually uses this list, why don't you joing my most amazing list!? Post a reply in the thread saying you want to be included in the list, and I'll add you! Or you could PM me.
        This is just to see whether the list is actually worth it to keep updating. neutral

[this list is no longer operational. it shall stay here for sentimental purposes. =D] It shall be operational for a short time. =]
        User Image
        Bolded people I love so much because they've stuck by and helped out.

LouisSena
        MushyPushy
        XxArcaneSufferingxX
        TwilightXIII
        lyeiez2504
        Xperian
        Oh Its A Crepe
        lightpeacelove
        Captnmyspace
        digitalfortress
        Zombie_Plan
        ashxu
        [b a n a n a s]
        I r W I Z E - u r
        Machimo
        Nikki Sky
        x i v i e e

imFaint
        dreams_longforgotten
        RedlineM203LKT
        Calcium Rich
        Quel Dommage
        iHEARTriice
        seikou_kun
        Divinegon
        x3 iHalluxinate -
        Synster_Gates_Lover
        phoenix down syndrome

talkinsilence
        [Blank.Wave.Arcade]
        Techno Tod
        EmmieCat
        Tibbett
        Sweet_Dreams1994

Contents

Interesting Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
________________My Buys

I've made a lot more, but i don't log them anymore. These are some of the ones that i did a while ago...

____________ Gaia 2nd Anniversary Party Hat, Bought 2200, ____ Sold 3680, _____ Made 1480.
        ____________ HiTek Gas Mask, ____________ Bought 800, _____ Sold 1450, _____ Made 650.
        ____________ Infrared Goggles, ___________ Bought 1500, ____ Sold 1920, _____ Made 420.
        ____________ Ears of Enlightenment, _______ Bought 350, _____ Sold 980, ______ Made 630.
        ____________ Worthless Black Giftbox, ______ Bought 2000, ____ Sold 2650, _____ Made 650.
        ____________ Gaia 2nd Anniversary Balloon,__ Bought 2900, ____ Sold 3700, _____ Made 800.

Contents

Interesting Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
User Image

________________Why am i doing this?

Well I've had this list and have been using it privately for a long time, and it was always being changed.
        I've had many people "beg" me for gold, and I hadn't ever recieved any sort of donation in any of my quests (until recently, check my profile for updates).
        I thought, if I, a very impatient person, CAN have the patience to earn their own gold quicker through the marketplace, then anyone else can. But I know how hard it can be starting out, so I thought of the idea of posting my list on Gaia. So, here it is, enjoy it, and I'll be updating as much as I can.

Contents

Interesting Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
User Image

Quoted straight from the posts in this thread and from various pms i've received. =]

Xperian
        Best list ever. That is all. I've made 7k in 1 day because of it. 3nodding
        PAGE 5

Dresden_Dolls_Muffin
        I've made nearly 40,000 off this in two days!
        PAGE 6

Anna Jaganshi
        Thank you lots for the list; it helped loads! I made about 30k after reading this!
        Usually on other lists (little ones) I've seen were rather inaccurate, so this was really nice.
        Again, thank you for making this! ;]
        PAGE 13

angelic_blondie
        Thank you for making this list. I love it, its so helpful and helped me work better in the marketplace. Now i'm rolling in gold. rofl
        PAGE 17

Muted Twilight
        I luff this guide. <3
        Just tried it and made around 30k ... in twenty minutes.
        PAGE 18

Emo Brownie
        Thank you! I've used this as a reference for buying/selling.
        It's pretty good, considering I went for 5k to 186k in 2 weeks. I'm happy.
        ;D
        PAGE 21

Ilsabet Melarne
        When I found this guide, I had 8k to my name and was questing a Demonic Pendant. That was a week ago and I now have my Demonic Pendant and roughly 13K left. Much love to you! heart heart
        And now....HORNS OF THE DEMON will be mine!!! twisted twisted twisted
        PAGE 27

Send Me A Cool Breeze
        This list has saved my life. Before I found it I was just selling the same item over and over again (not making a dime). And now I'm pullling gold left and right. Thank you so much.
        PAGE 28

willy wonkas love child
        I started with 2k now i have 20k in 3 days.
        PAGE 29

Bellatrix Saiph Lestrange
        Oh wow. This actually works.
        .___.
        I started with 32k, and I'm up to 71k and a few items still on the market after only doing this for about ten minutes or so every two days.

PAGE 34

absolut pyromania
        I just want to say how much your list has helped me. I am so grateful, having stumbled upon this list when I started playing Gaia a few months back in September. I started off with around 2,ooog with a dream avatar worth around 5oo,oog. Now, around 4 months since I started vending [I know, it's long compared to the people on your thread who made 20k in a few minutes O__o], I now have my 9oo,ooog dream avatar. All thanks to you! So, thank you so, so much for your wonderful list, it really helped a newbie like me get somewhere in this place, without having to beg, or buy GC.

I cannot thank you enough ;D
        Pyro.

PM

Synster_Gates_Lover
        Okay I should have said this way before but,

I honestly recommend this guide for anyone, including newbies.

After coming across this guide, back when I had like 1k a month or about 4-5 weeks ago, I had no idea how to make money, I would keep playing pinball because unfortunately my old way of making profits (Selling tickets) had died out. Then when I came across this list, I started like literally swimming in gold and items.Thanks to this list I was able to buy items I thought I could NEVER achieve, but I saw others with them. I never knew by this list I was going to be able to buy myself 1) The Sexy Present 2) x2 Of Captain's Ara Nestegg! 3) Dioneassel (sp.) 4) Heartbreaker 5) Devil Imp Plushie 6) Panthercorax Agate 7) Devoted Pawn 8 ) Rock Hard (Demonic Microphone) and 9) Sentry Security: Sunukkuhkau. Then still leaving me with 100k and almost ready to buy myself a Death Whisper.

Seriously, I showed this list to like, five of my friends, and they themselves, are starting to make profits as well. Thanks to this guide , my bestieeee has like only 3 items left on her Dream Avi. And she was horrible at making gold.

PS:: I know it's nothing compared to people who have Golden Laurels o_o but still heart I'm satisfied

PSS:: You deserve a superfragileisticexpialadocious HUG <3 *superfragileisticexpialadocious hugs you*

PAGE 46

Kaito_7420
        Wow... From personal experience, this guide works like crazy. In the beginning of the month, I only had like 10k (new record for me!). All I ever did was posting and commenting on my own profile, with the occasional poll.

A few days after I started using the marketplace, I had 25k. I admit I'm very inexperienced, but even still, now I see my gold count soon approaching 50k!

Yay gold-making biggrin
        Thanks a ton!

PAGE 46

TillyVanilla
        In the beggining i thought this was just simply a good idea and it was worth giving a go. but i wasnt 100% convinced it would work. Ok i made a bit of extra gold, but nothing really worth while.

Now i think you and your list are a godsend. I've started utilising my buying power a bit better now and i really can see it working!!! whee Thankyou. heart

PAGE 105

Contents

Interesting Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
User Image
________________Post Forms

Copy and paste in your post. You are in no way required to use these, i just thought it would be
        a nice addition to the thread. XD

To suggest the addition or subtraction of an item to the list
        [size=24][color=#c00729]A[/color][color=#c11030]D[/color][color=#c21837]D[/color][color=#c3213e]/[/color][color=#c42946]R[/color][color=#c5324d]E[/color][color=#c63a54]M[/color][color=#c7435b]O[/color][color=#c84c62]V[/color][color=#c95469]E[/color] [color=#cc6578]A[/color][color=#cd6e7f]N[/color] [color=#cf7f8d]I[/color][color=#d08894]T[/color][color=#d1909c]E[/color][color=#d299a3]M[/color][color=#d3a1aa]![/color][/size]
        Item(s) that should be added:
        Item(s) that should be removed:

To request help from me/anyone else in the thread
        [size=24][color=#c00729]I[/color] [color=#c21837]N[/color][color=#c3213e]E[/color][color=#c42946]E[/color][color=#c5324d]D[/color] [color=#c7435b]H[/color][color=#c84c62]E[/color][color=#c95469]L[/color][color=#cb5d71]P[/color] [color=#cd6e7f]P[/color][color=#ce7786]L[/color][color=#cf7f8d]E[/color][color=#d08894]A[/color][color=#d1909c]S[/color][color=#d299a3]E[/color][color=#d3a1aa]![/color][/size]
        What do you need help with? Explain it as best you can.

To ask me to update the list as soon as possible
        [size=24][color=#c00729]Y[/color][color=#c10d2e]O[/color][color=#c11333]U[/color] [color=#c31e3c]N[/color][color=#c42441]E[/color][color=#c42a46]E[/color][color=#c5304b]D[/color] [color=#c63b55]T[/color][color=#c7415a]O[/color] [color=#c94d63]U[/color][color=#c95368]P[/color][color=#ca596d]D[/color][color=#cb5e72]A[/color][color=#cb6477]T[/color][color=#cc6a7c]E[/color] [color=#ce7685]T[/color][color=#ce7b8a]H[/color][color=#cf818f]E[/color] [color=#d08d99]L[/color][color=#d1939e]I[/color][color=#d299a2]S[/color][color=#d39ea7]T[/color][color=#d3a4ac]![/color][/size]

To add a tip
        [size=24][color=#c00729]I[/color] [color=#c3203e]H[/color][color=#c52d48]A[/color][color=#c63953]V[/color][color=#c8465d]E[/color] [color=#cb5f72]A[/color] [color=#ce7887]T[/color][color=#cf8492]I[/color][color=#d1919c]P[/color][color=#d29da7]![/color][/size]
        Here it is:

________________ETC...

This list goes great alongside the How To Make 100k Without Begging or Bumping thread.

If anyone has any items to add or if they disagree on an item being on the list, they may say so. 3nodding

A while back, I did some advertising in the chatterbox. Click here to view the ad that i posted. =]

That's all from me now. Hope you enjoyed your stay. Feel free to PM or comment me anytime. =]

Links to my other threads:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Contents

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff