• Hero 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Cloud Shadow557
SakuraSyaoran
Cloud Shadow557
SakuraSyaoran
Cloud Shadow557
SakuraSyaoran

^This. I really hope they update firefox some time soon. It's being more wonky than usual and while I'd be happy to switch to chrome, chrome always crashes on me. So firefox is my only option.

This is the beginning of a bad dream...

Can you explain how Chrome always crashes for you? Maybe I know why it's crashing and can help you get it to not crash. It's a long shot, but it's worth a try, right?

But the end of a nightmare...

Thank you so much thats very kind of you! emotion_hug

Not a problem emotion_hug So what seems to be the problem exactly?

Well to be honest I don't really know why it crashes. As soon as the browser tries to load on Gaia or any other site, it eventually crashes. At first I thought it was b/c of the BG add on, but when I took it off it still crashed. I don't have hardly any other addons for Chrome. I have adblock, Better Gaia, shockwave, and flashplayer.
I think Chrome just hates me. xd

I see. Okay, so here are the standard questions I have to ask for the whole problem solving thing:

What's your OS (Operating System)?
How big is your ram?
How old is your computer?
When was the last time you defragmented your computer?
Is Chrome updated, or has it not been updated in quite a while?

My personal opinion, would that it's probably a combination of little ram and Chrome not being up-to-date, but that's my own guess on the matter, and I don't know for sure.

I update my Chrome regularly. My computer is pretty old. sweatdrop I use win 7. Last time I defragmented my computer was a month ago. So the problem is probably my ram.

Peaceful Hero

7,050 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Invisibility 100
SakuraSyaoran
Cloud Shadow557
SakuraSyaoran
Cloud Shadow557
SakuraSyaoran

Well to be honest I don't really know why it crashes. As soon as the browser tries to load on Gaia or any other site, it eventually crashes. At first I thought it was b/c of the BG add on, but when I took it off it still crashed. I don't have hardly any other addons for Chrome. I have adblock, Better Gaia, shockwave, and flashplayer.

I see. Okay, so here are the standard questions I have to ask for the whole problem solving thing:

How big is your ram?

My personal opinion, would that it's probably a combination of little ram and Chrome not being up-to-date, but that's my own guess on the matter, and I don't know for sure.

I update my Chrome regularly. My computer is pretty old. sweatdrop I use win 7. Last time I defragmented my computer was a month ago. So the problem is probably my ram.

Ouch, okay what's your ram?

Shameless Lunatic

19,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Cloud Shadow557
SakuraSyaoran
Cloud Shadow557
SakuraSyaoran
Cloud Shadow557
SakuraSyaoran

How big is your ram?

Ouch, okay what's your ram?

7.87 ram.

Peaceful Hero

7,050 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Invisibility 100
SakuraSyaoran
7.87 ram.

... That is not the problem at all... My desktop (Which sucks and is currently sitting here off), only has 2 gb of Ram, and it runs Chrome just fine (Has all the problems in the world with Firefox though), and it's also on Windows 7... Hmmm... I'll do some digging and see if I can figure out why Chrome would be crashing like that for you and let you know what I can find.

Shameless Lunatic

19,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Cloud Shadow557
SakuraSyaoran
7.87 ram.

... That is not the problem at all... My desktop (Which sucks and is currently sitting here off), only has 2 gb of Ram, and it runs Chrome just fine (Has all the problems in the world with Firefox though), and it's also on Windows 7... Hmmm... I'll do some digging and see if I can figure out why Chrome would be crashing like that for you and let you know what I can find.

Okay! thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas