Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

BetterGaia should...

Beat out the addon competition. 0.26221001221001 26.2% [ 859 ]
Work together with other addons. 0.3507326007326 35.1% [ 1149 ]
+1 (idc) 0.38705738705739 38.7% [ 1268 ]
Total Votes:[ 3276 ]

Eternal Demigod

I've been having a slight problem with BG. Not sure if it's been addressed before but it's nothing too serious, only slightly annoying.

It mainly deals with how BG is showing gaia for me. The problem I'm having is within the forums and how they show up.
      Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. As you can see, it looks pretty off. There's gaps between the top and word content of posts and every other post avatars are pushed off to the right and hidden behind the post. I have looked into my BG settings and found that under Page Styling > Other, I have not disabled it. Why? I didn't disable it because I like how the forums look when it's not disabled.

However, when I check the little box to disable, everything seems fine. It looks like this when I've disabled forum styling and scripts. Everything is aligned correctly and seems to work. But I end up unchecking because I rather like being able to hide signatures that BG allows.

Just wondering if this problem has been addressed before. And/or if it's in the next update that's to be approved.
      Also wondering, is this problem occurring on Chrome? I'm mainly a firefox user and would be slightly annoyed to have to have chrome open for gaia to have BG working properly. I'll probably just have to do that though.

Lonely Lover

Aerynz

I've been having a slight problem with BG. Not sure if it's been addressed before but it's nothing too serious, only slightly annoying.

It mainly deals with how BG is showing gaia for me. The problem I'm having is within the forums and how they show up.
      Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about. As you can see, it looks pretty off. There's gaps between the top and word content of posts and every other post avatars are pushed off to the right and hidden behind the post. I have looked into my BG settings and found that under Page Styling > Other, I have not disabled it. Why? I didn't disable it because I like how the forums look when it's not disabled.

However, when I check the little box to disable, everything seems fine. It looks like this when I've disabled forum styling and scripts. Everything is aligned correctly and seems to work. But I end up unchecking because I rather like being able to hide signatures that BG allows.

Just wondering if this problem has been addressed before. And/or if it's in the next update that's to be approved.
      Also wondering, is this problem occurring on Chrome? I'm mainly a firefox user and would be slightly annoyed to have to have chrome open for gaia to have BG working properly. I'll probably just have to do that though.

I'm having the exact same problem. Somewhere along the line Firefox update but BG hasn't and now their code is broken. Unfortunately I believe its been like this for months and I'm losing patience and faith that BG is ever going to fix this. I've gone so far as completely moving BG but have only brought it back because of the auto post format option. Still, this has become really disappointing and a huge let down in terms of BG's reputation in my mind. Until this gets fixed I certainly won't be recommending BG to anyone to be used.
No complaints, but I would just like to say, I love this app! Between adding in text more easily and streamlining Gaia's occasionally-troublesome interface, it's definitely a lifesaver whenever I have it around ^^

@Aerynz: Try using a different browser. Everything works fine for me on Chrome. Not sure about IE, but I stopped using Firefox when it started to run slower than it used to, and some stuff just doesn't work on there at all anymore. And because I've gotten spoiled by Google, but ehh... A small portion of my soul for a browser that doesn't suck? I'll take that. xp
Aerynz

Cocoa Explosive
        I'm having the exact same problem. Somewhere along the line Firefox update but BG hasn't and now their code is broken. Unfortunately I believe its been like this for months and I'm losing patience and faith that BG is ever going to fix this. I've gone so far as completely moving BG but have only brought it back because of the auto post format option. Still, this has become really disappointing and a huge let down in terms of BG's reputation in my mind. Until this gets fixed I certainly won't be recommending BG to anyone to be used.

An update was released a while back from what I've read, but Mozilla took it down (I think). It is now waiting on approval, per allvanishing.

Lonely Lover

KittyRedden

Ahh, I see, thanks Kitty. You've restored my faith xD

lizbot's Kouhai

Wicked Shadow

Just as an fyi, as of today's update, the font for the dates in guilds is tossed to the right--

like so

Using Chrome 21.0 & latest extension update.

Thank you again for such a great extension, smile

Timid Fatcat

I'm not sure if it is just something that randomly happened to me, but all of the Captcha's were hidden for me until I disabled BetterGaia. It wouldn't let me post anything because I didn't fill in the words of a captcha that I couldn't see. ;~; Anyone else experiencing this?

Admirer

25,800 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
User Image
Candy Candy Candy Candy Candy ~!
▼▼▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▼▼▼▼

BG + Firefox looks really wonky. Please get this fixed. @n @ I am not returning to Chrome.

User Image
Chewing Chewing Chewing Chewing Chewing ~!
▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲

Clean Trader

I don't think the Bid Blast method is a good idea because, ALOT of people are using bots to bid on things and noone really has a fair chance. And it also isn't really a good idea to keep raising the time on an item that's been bid.

Tasty Wench

Bettergaia is suddenly making gaia load slow and lagging bad, not a problem with gaia when i disabled BG, just with it enabled. It seems weird that its issuing like that.
Maid_of_the_Evening_Storm
So, I know a while back they made a FireFox update to BG to accommodate the new forum coding that broke their layout, or something to that affect...and then FF deleted it after a few users got to download it and it hasn't been back up on the add-on site since. -edit- I'd hate to have to resort to Chrome since it runs naturally slower on my computer for some reason...

Not even gold and silver can

As one of the few that got to download the update, yeah it fixed a few of the issues, but there are still problems such as not being able to get to certain parts of the site because the classic navigation on bettergaia desperately needs to be updated. And it makes me sick how much farther and farther behind the Firefox version gets from the Chrome version every day, it seems to me that the bg devs are focusing on keeping the Chrome version up to date and letting the Firefox version slip through the cracks. I have so many other add-ons for firefox that make using Chrome very unpleasant, since I do so much multitasking.
break the two of us...

Ruthless Shapeshifter

10,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Brandisher 100
Where do you find the BetterGaia Options link? I want to change some of my preferences but I can't seem to find the link.

Eloquent Elder

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
iLostStar
Where do you find the BetterGaia Options link? I want to change some of my preferences but I can't seem to find the link.

Firefox: Tools - BetterGaia - Options
Chrome: Tools - Extensions - BetterGaia - Options

Ruthless Shapeshifter

10,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Brandisher 100
Nerevar Telvanni
iLostStar

Firefox: Tools - BetterGaia - Options
Chrome: Tools - Extensions - BetterGaia - Options

Ahhhh that makes sense!!! Thanks so much for the information!!!

I have a question about this.

Don't take this the wrong way i love the way that it changes the look of gaia but my screen resolution is making the header look weird. I also do not like the way My Gaia looks. I know you worked hard on this and i don't mean anything bad by it.

Now my question!

The true feature i love is the post layout/format auto paster. I use chrome so this was the best thing ever when i found this. My question is, how can i turn off all the other features and keep gaia looking the same but only keep the auto post layout thing on? is it even possible? I say again, i do like the way it looks but it just isn't for me. The real use for me is the post layout feature.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff