Kawaii Kitten

12,725 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Magical Girl 50
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image
Question!

So, I was just using Chrome and was logged into Gaia. While looking at another tab, I got a pop-up notification with a pic of my avi saying 'you have a new notice'. I have never gotten desktop notifications for Gaia before and don't really want to have them....Is this a new function on Gaia or is this connected to Better Gaia (which I also have installed)? I would appreciate any assistance/clarification.

As I said, I don't know if this is BetterGaia or perhaps a new setting on Gaia.
User Image

Invisible Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Princess Poetic

User Image
Question!

So, I was just using Chrome and was logged into Gaia. While looking at another tab, I got a pop-up notification with a pic of my avi saying 'you have a new notice'. I have never gotten desktop notifications for Gaia before and don't really want to have them....Is this a new function on Gaia or is this connected to Better Gaia (which I also have installed)? I would appreciate any assistance/clarification.

As I said, I don't know if this is BetterGaia or perhaps a new setting on Gaia.
User Image

Yes, this is a BetterGaia feature. It surprises me that you haven't gotten desktop notifications before, since desktop notifications were implemented a year back. You can change this in BG's Settings.

Kawaii Kitten

12,725 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Magical Girl 50

User Image
Yeah, oddly enough, I had not received the notifications prior to yesterday. However, I found out that it's a BG feature and disabled it. Thanks so much for the info. Also, keep up with the AMAZING work. I absolutely love BG! emotion_bigheart
User Image

allvanishing
So I'm having a new problem. The following images...:

User Image
User Image

... are centered perfectly in the preview for my heading setting, but aren't centering anywhere on gaia and I don't see any settings to change it. Help?
Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jibanyan's Husband

Greedy Bloodsucker

I just got this extension and I really like it! it makes the forums less bright, easier to look at, and easier to read, too. thank you!

Bashful Fatcat

It's not downloading on my Google Chrome sad It keeps saying NETWORK FAILED. ugh sad

Invisible Elocutionist

21,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Novice Attacker 150
Just downloaded this extension, but it won't let me update my settings because it's progress is "We're still looking at this page." How long has it been like this?

Inquisitive Seeker

9,000 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Divine Donator 100
Sensei Chyaku
Just downloaded this extension, but it won't let me update my settings because it's progress is "We're still looking at this page." How long has it been like this?

It's the same for me. Are you using Firefox?

Invisible Elocutionist

21,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Novice Attacker 150
Catisdel
Sensei Chyaku

Yes that's the browser that I am currently using.

P is for Cat's Husband

Ice-Cold Bear

Just downloaded this and I guess they are doing maint on it? because the Bettergaia setting page says "we're still working on this page"

Inquisitive Seeker

9,000 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Divine Donator 100
Sensei Chyaku
Catisdel
Sensei Chyaku

Yes that's the browser that I am currently using.

I think it's just that they haven'tfinished developing the Firefox one. And to my understanding they stopped, but don't hold me to it. I don't want to give you false info based on what I've seen. emotion_bigheart

Niche Enthusiast

17,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • Hellraiser 500
Just downloaded BetterGaia for Firefox, and I'm already loving it for the UI changes. heart

How do I add to the autoformat post options and custom navigation btw? If the BetterGaia settings don't work, does that mean we have to change settings via files in the addon folder?

Thanks for making a great addon!

Magical Neko

24,275 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Super upset this isn't getting fixed on Firefox, they could at least fix the options and leave it as-is?

Devoted Informer

I love using Better Gaia (I've had it a few weeks now)

User Image

Tipsy Seeker

9,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
A bit late to the party, but I'm a long-time Firefox BG user and just updated yesterday (because wow, an update for the Firefox version? Sign me up for that!), but I'm regretting it like whoa. Like every other FF user, I think the Daily Chance is ugly, takes up far too much space, and is not nearly as efficient to click through as it was before, and that's just the tip of the iceberg that is how hideous the site is now.

Does anyone know how to find and revert to the last version, 2014.1a? It was never officially uploaded to the Mozilla Addons page as it never left the development/beta phase.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff