+1 (idc) 0.38705738705739 38.7% [ 1268 ]
Total Votes:[ 3276 ]

Invisible Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Crystal Sparda

Thanks for your opinion. The only reason the Firefox version hasn't been updated has been for the policies Mozilla puts forth on addons. They restrict potential security risks, such as when BetterGaia modifies Gaia, and I haven't found a way to be in compliance, except for stripping out most of the features that make up BG.

Revered Inquisitor

allvanishing
Hi everyone. I'm wondering how to revive BetterGaia and want some feedback from you guys.

Well, I quite like it. I've used it for about 2 years now on various computers (and a couple accounts, unfortunately). I get so confused when i get on gaia on a computer that is shared and doesn't have it installed.

As far as amendments/revival, etc... I think just posting around the site more, so that your signature [and thus BG] gets more publicity. I use it on Chrome and I love it... I am not sure if there is much I would change right now, off the top of my head. Maybe 'silly'/minor stuff like being able to change the color of the "Hey, I've got..." notification bubble, if that is possible... but still... not much. The post format, background, header, draw all DC, forum and inbox restructures... it is all amazing and very useful.

Also, must say, I like the change to the floating header with the gold/cash, etc. It looks nice to have it match in color .

Guys, seriously... if there is a thread or a post around here that you don't like... leave it be. Spreading hate and trolling people has no place in this community. Certain people may have been in the wrong, but when you troll or hate on them you get in the wrong too. Don't prolong it or add to it; let it go. If it is blatant trolling, a misplaced thread or anything that violates the ToS, report it and move along. Don't feed the trolls and don't add to the hatred. This is a nice, clean and happy community. Please, don't dirty it.

I am Gavyn the Mighty and I approve of this message.

Revered Inquisitor

Actually, I just thought of a couple things...

1] When quoting someone, in Google Chrome, with a saved post format... it generally adds a lot of space between the quoted post, and your response. If it is not manually removed, it shows when posted as a large gap (like, 3 lines). I am not sure if it still does it with this most recent update... but it is something that could be fixed. Additionally, there is occasionally a large gap under the main post (5 lines or so)... not sure what causes this.. if it is on gaia's end, or the BetterGaia end... but I've noticed it as well... like a giant gap below the post style, even though nothing is saved with large gaps.

2] With this excellent new 'instant quote feature [which I already love]... how tough would it be to code in the default post style to show up? I know with the instant quote, it would [likely] be cumbersome and visually displeasing to add all saved post styles as possibilities... but we do save a main post style with BetterGaia. How hard would it be to default that in for when we instant quote someone?

I really enjoy this new feature, and would likely frequently use it... but I also use post styles with every post... so even though this is a great new feature... I likely wouldn't use it unless it could default in my main post style....

Just a thought, though.

EDIT: Instant edit is also quite nice, too. smile

Guys, seriously... if there is a thread or a post around here that you don't like... leave it be. Spreading hate and trolling people has no place in this community. Certain people may have been in the wrong, but when you troll or hate on them you get in the wrong too. Don't prolong it or add to it; let it go. If it is blatant trolling, a misplaced thread or anything that violates the ToS, report it and move along. Don't feed the trolls and don't add to the hatred. This is a nice, clean and happy community. Please, don't dirty it.

I am Gavyn the Mighty and I approve of this message.

Dangerous Knight

Ooh, I like this new "Instant" quote/edit thing.

Philosophizing Smoker

44,750 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
"...of the crooked timber of humanity...

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the menus in BetterGaia? I've noticed my menus have reverted back to the original Gaia menus (albeit the gaia labs version). Additionally, when I click on Dumpster Dive, it no longer opens in a separate tab.

So, is this happening for anyone else? And, does anyone know how to fix this?

...no straight thing was ever made."
why cant we have classic navigation on google chrome? right now the only way to get classic navigation is thru firefox. please someone FIX IT
-x-Noxious-x-Nyx-x-
"...of the crooked timber of humanity...

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the menus in BetterGaia? I've noticed my menus have reverted back to the original Gaia menus (albeit the gaia labs version). Additionally, when I click on Dumpster Dive, it no longer opens in a separate tab.

So, is this happening for anyone else? And, does anyone know how to fix this?

...no straight thing was ever made."

i have on google chrome. but not firefox. i cant get classic navigation on chrome and the header dont stretch out on chrome even though the option is checked for me and i have the latest version. it makes me mad so for now i went back to firefox O_O
allvanishing
Crystal Sparda

Thanks for your opinion. The only reason the Firefox version hasn't been updated has been for the policies Mozilla puts forth on addons. They restrict potential security risks, such as when BetterGaia modifies Gaia, and I haven't found a way to be in compliance, except for stripping out most of the features that make up BG.

there are thousands of add on's that most likely modify websites. so what makes gaia so different from other add on's / websites

Original Gaian

9,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Flatterer 200
could you please add this pic that gaia used to use in the log in header in 2009 to an option for people to choose for a custom header
User Image

Invisible Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
Gavyn the Mighty

1. That is doable.
2. I'm planning on doing that, I just wanted the feature out faster than waiting to add that functionality in.

Invisible Citizen

7,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
-x-Noxious-x-Nyx-x-

Unfortunately, the classic navigation was quite outdated and used resources even when the feature was disabled.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
allvanishing
-x-Noxious-x-Nyx-x-

Unfortunately, the classic navigation was quite outdated and used resources even when the feature was disabled.

OMG this was THE update I've been waiting for biggrin Finally the bar with the gold and GC has the same color as my navbar biggrin Job well done! <3
this event is blocking the draw all choices. can someone do something about that? or are we all going to have to live with it for a week or so until the event ends?

Big Noob

Stupid Hamster is blocking the collect all button.
Why is it even on the right side?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magnetic Bunny

My Gaia logo has changed to the pink Go-Gaia logo, and when I click on it it brings me to the Go-Gaia page. Why?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff