Welcome to Gaia! ::

As a new guy to gaia and to RP’ing, I appreciate the guide on courtesy in the forums. From reading your very informative guide, I promise not to be an idiot, and help make the RP threads a interesting and respectable place.

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
haha, ok this is funny
Worth reading. Like

Dapper Prophet

6,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Although I agree with you on the Japanese portion of Eastern Writing, you said that "just because some writing is good does not make all Eastern Writing good" (or something along those lines).
This is true and untrue. Just because some writing is bad does not mean all Eastern Writing is bad.
My statement is also true and untrue because it's not a matter of fact, it's an opinion statement just like yours is. You may want to clarify this in your post if you don't want so many weeaboos spamming your inbox. whee

In a relationship with emiriee

boba TEA _x
Although I agree with you on the Japanese portion of Eastern Writing, you said that "just because some writing is good does not make all Eastern Writing good" (or something along those lines).
This is true and untrue. Just because some writing is bad does not mean all Eastern Writing is bad.
My statement is also true and untrue because it's not a matter of fact, it's an opinion statement just like yours is. You may want to clarify this in your post if you don't want so many weeaboos spamming your inbox. whee

You've misinterpreted the statement. Read what you just quoted. "just because some writing is good..." Implies that some Eastern Writing is good, and that's a fact. "...does not make all Eastern Writing good" Implies that there is bad eastern writing as well which is also a fact. That statement is actually very neutral and says the exact same thing yours does, yours is just flipped around.

There is no real need for clarification, and if weeaboos did spam my inbox they'd get this exact same explanation. It's just a matter of breaking down your interpretation.

Dapper Prophet

6,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Viral C
boba TEA _x

You've misinterpreted the statement. Read what you just quoted. "just because some writing is good..." Implies that some Eastern Writing is good, and that's a fact. "...does not make all Eastern Writing good" Implies that there is bad eastern writing as well which is also a fact. That statement is actually very neutral and says the exact same thing yours does, yours is just flipped around.

There is no real need for clarification, and if weeaboos did spam my inbox they'd get this exact same explanation. It's just a matter of breaking down your interpretation.

I'm not saying you're wrong -- just trying to say that there are other people like myself who think about things this way. : )

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Shirtless Fairy

Very good guide! I think I just might link a few of my friends to this, it's very well thought out.

If I have to be nitpicky, the dates for the steampunk sub genre are off. Steam punk is centered around the Victorian era technology, or rather, the Industrial Revolution. That was in 1837 - 1901. Perhaps you should rename the section Retro Futuristic or something similar?

Exaggerated Rebellion
Very good guide! I think I just might link a few of my friends to this, it's very well thought out.

If I have to be nitpicky, the dates for the steampunk sub genre are off. Steam punk is centered around the Victorian era technology, or rather, the Industrial Revolution. That was in 1837 - 1901. Perhaps you should rename the section Retro Futuristic or something similar?

Thank you for pointing that out. Steam Punk isn't exactly my strong point so i'll get that ironed out for you.
Hmm, this is the first guide that made me actually think about my previous characters. I disagree in some minor things with you, but overall I can agree. Especialy about making unique characters. I play much pen&paper roleplays and making these plain, copypasted characters have always angried me. I may not be the best roleplayer, not even close, but characters must have something original.

Thank you for making this guide.

Familiar Prophet

I loved reading that. biggrin And I would like to know your opinion on one-liners (didn't read the whole thing, too long), hope I didn't miss that part. I personally try to keep my text in 2+ sentences and I easily get discouraged when someone replies with a one-liner. ¬.¬
Also, laughed at all the true stuff about neko love-love schools and angel slaves. A classic. My characters are usually very plain – normal family and upbringing, average intellect, no superpowers unless a sense of humor counts... I tried RPing once, somehow turned weird with others acting like turtledoves all around, and I don't like romance, so I had to quit (or barf.) Got very discouraged from RPing, seriously. sweatdrop

Shadowy Rogue

11,775 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Timid 100
  • Tipsy 100
I love this. And your right. Some of the rps on here are more eastern style (I myself am guilty of falling for most of them). Though it is hard to find a western style rp on this site I do not doubt that they do exist. I'll look harder for one and thank you for this guide. Is it all right if I post a link in a guild I'm in?

Bumping this up, thank you readers for your comments.
MORGAN FREEMAN FOOOOOOR THE WIN!

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I wasn't offended by Chapter One, but I subscribed for the whole character development stuff. I will show people this thread every time I feel like it. Plus, it should help me figure out how to flesh out my own characters.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff