Welcome to Gaia! ::

Combative Duelist

9,775 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
emorexic-pimp
EQUIPPING

This post is here just in case anyone was confused by how to equip Evolving Items. It also includes who to contact if you have a problem with the layering of any Evolving Item.

User Image

»» No Auto-Unequip:
        There is currently a glitch with equipping evolving items when they evolve. The glitch is that once it evolves, the new pose does not remove the old pose on it's own. The way to get rid of the old pose is to go to your Avatar page and click 'Get Nekkid'. If clicking 'Get Nekkid' sends you to the home page, you may have to use the old Avatar page. Alternatively, you may click the 'fake pose' on the item itself.

As with all items, only one pose can be equipped per item. Say you had one Fausto's Bottle, then you would only be able to equip one pose of said item. The only way you could equip more than one would be if you had more than one Fausto's Bottle.

In this quote, Dr. Singh clearly tells us how to cause an item to evolve:

Dr. Singh
Everyone who bought Fausto's bottle before this afternoon should try removing it from their avatar and then putting it back on. They'll notice that it's started to change.

And if you reverse it then it means that in order to keep one pose on an item that has evolved and no longer has the pose available you simply don’t take the item off until it reaches the final form and all poses from previous stages are available

Now I would like to turn the focus to something that still causes me to do a double take to this day. That thing is the question, "why does the first icon never work? Well, I may not have the answer, but I would like to point this out because many people are confused by this as well.

Dr. Singh
If you have Fausto's Bottle, go look at your inventory. When you click on it, it will bring up two icons: the one on the left is the item's default icon, and it won't do anything when you click on it.
User Image

If for some reason you refuse to believe me then try it yourself in the marketplace, the first image will show up in every generation, yet it will not show up on your avatar in any of them. And thus, it is called a "fake pose". The reasoning behind this has to do with the thumbnail of the item for the marketplace/inventories. The system appears to require that the thumbnail for the entire item be a thumbnail for a pose of the item.

One thing that you may notice about your Evolving Items on any of your inventory screens (dress up, inventory, trades, marketplace, etc.) is that they have now started to sparkle blue. This is not an accident. It is a feature designed to help prevent certain scamming attempts. For more information on Sparkling Items, feel free to check out A Guide to Sparking Items. You can turn the Sparkles off on your Account Preferences page.

Layering IssuesUser Image

As with all items on Gaia, EI's tend to have layering issues every so often. If you find a layering issue that you wish to see fixed, do as this announcement says and contact [NPC] Stein.

Do not report EI layering glitches to Juno!

To report a layering glitch to Stein, you must send him send him a PM. To report the glitch effectively, make sure you follow the form located on his profile.

Keep in mind that just because you report a glitch does not automatically mean that it will be corrected. Due to the vast number of items on Gaia and the limited amount of layers, fixing one glitch may lead to glitches with even more items. It is up to each artist to determine which problems they wish to fix.

User Image
INDEX
[Introduction] ~ [Key Terms] ~ [The Beginning] ~ [Evolving Item Reports] ~ [Equipping] ~ [When Will It Evolve?]
[Understanding Generations] ~ [Visual Aids] ~ [FAQ] ~ [Evolving Item List] ~ [Special Items] ~ [Characters]
[???] ~ [???] ~ [Links: In and Out]
hy npc i reported when i clicked in right (zodiacal) my zodiacal scorpio become sagitarius,can i make it back?

Magnetic Phantom

berliandiamond
hy npc i reported when i clicked in right (zodiacal) my zodiacal scorpio become sagitarius,can i make it back?

The person who posted this guide isn't an NPC either.
Please actually read and try to understand before you keep posting the same thing over and over again.
And no, nobody can "make it back".
That is just how evolving items work, which you would know, if you had actually read the guide or any of the answers your own thread has.

Please do try to educate yourself instead of spamming all over the forum.

Combative Duelist

9,775 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Anjoulie
berliandiamond

The person who posted this guide isn't an NPC either.
Please actually read and try to understand before you keep posting the same thing over and over again.
And no, nobody can "make it back".
That is just how evolving items work, which you would know, if you had actually read the guide or any of the answers your own thread has.

Please do try to educate yourself instead of spamming all over the forum.
oh sory im beginer in forum,forgive me

Fashionable Exhibitionist

8,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
Umm I just got the Rosemund's Revenge thingy and I can't equip the arms or the sword for some reason neutral Is there something wrong with my item?

also when you say that items evolve. What do they evolve into? does the item just change a little bit or something.

OMGosh that sounded sooo nooby sweatdrop

Visceri22's Girlfriend

Friendly Explorer

So, question. If I were to buy Zodiacal or an evolving item such as that, in it's last evolution phase, say, Zodiacal 13, as it's the cheapest one, will it eventually grow all of it's items (as plain old Zodiacal has all unlocked) through evolution? Or only keep the ones it seems to have available when you buy it?
Please quote me when you respond so I can see it!

Thanks ╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Gambino Regular

I'm currently working on getting this guide back up and in useable condition. I want to thank Toriki-chi for putting together this guide in my absence!

I had to use her guide to help myself understand some developments in EI tech since I left. heart

Gambino Regular

Updating a few bits of information that were egregiously out of date [contact stein specifically], adding a few spoilers to help it stop being so messy looking, and cleaning out the links in and out post.

Newbie Lunatic

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I kinda understand the evolving items now,
I just don't unterstand the difference in the marketplace.

Is there a difference, if I buy the first gen of an EI, because it's cheaper than the 5th gen?
Are there more items in the 5st gen?

I don't get it. :/

Gambino Regular

Mileth

Assuming all of the gens have the same poses when you preview them in the marketplace, there is absolutely no difference between them and you can buy any gen you want without any problem.

If there are differences between them, that means that the item is still evolving and you will have to wait if you want to have access to all of the poses since you have to wait through it evolving the rest of the way.

Newbie Lunatic

6,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
emorexic-pimp
Mileth

Assuming all of the gens have the same poses when you preview them in the marketplace, there is absolutely no difference between them and you can buy any gen you want without any problem.

If there are differences between them, that means that the item is still evolving and you will have to wait if you want to have access to all of the poses since you have to wait through it evolving the rest of the way.

Okay, I understand.
Thank you. (:

Magnetic Sex Symbol

4,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • First step to fame 200
emorexic-pimp
Mileth

the guide confused me, but reading this post completely explained this whole thing for me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff