Welcome to Gaia! ::

How did you get here?

From Gaia Guides & Resources 0.30234136409908 30.2% [ 891 ]
A friend linked me. 0.1184255174754 11.8% [ 349 ]
I searched some key words and found it. 0.10587037665422 10.6% [ 312 ]
Redirection from Teh Hoarding Guild. 0.019002375296912 1.9% [ 56 ]
Redirection from Solution to a Problem. 0.026467594163556 2.6% [ 78 ]
Redirection from The Profiteers Guild. 0.02205632846963 2.2% [ 65 ]
Redirection from The Newbie Support & Training Guild. 0.007465218866644 0.7% [ 22 ]
Marketplace link/banner/other advertisement. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
By stalking Jace. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
I have no idea how I got here. 0.21717000339328 21.7% [ 640 ]
Total Votes:[ 2947 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

I have a question. After reading you're guide, please forgive me if you already answered this but how long do you suggest we put the time for our vends? Im starting at level one and I'm not quite sure how long to vend the item or about its umm moving time?

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Sweets-x-Mule
I have a question. After reading you're guide, please forgive me if you already answered this but how long do you suggest we put the time for our vends? Im starting at level one and I'm not quite sure how long to vend the item or about its umm moving time?

I usually use the default setting (one day) although, almost invariably, they sell much fasterthan that, within hours or minutes.

When vending you want to make sure that the items you're selling sell no less than twenty units per day although more than fifty or even into the hundreds is much better. Cheaper items such as the ones on level one sell quickly because there are more users who can afford them and more of the items around.

I hope I answered your questions although I have to say I was a tad confused.
Lol, sorry that was exactly what I wanted to know ^^; thank you

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Okay, good. You're very welcome.

This looks like a very helpful guide. Thank you Jace. =3
Nice guide biggrin
Thumbs up/.

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Jace, thanks for your advise on the "No low-bidding war" strategy. Yes, I do see your point of being patient and hold the price point despite the temptation to sell quickly to see some profits. After going through a few instances of low-bidding races (but I stopped quickly), I realised that this actually can cause the market for that item to 'collapse' if more than 2 listers continue to reduce listing prices.

There's another situation which I hate to see, is someone flooding the (item) listings with 5 or more at low listing prices. Example being the next highest listing is at 38k and he/she list multiples at 32k.

What I did was to buy and resell/hoard if it's only 2 listings. If it's 4 or more, I wait out till the low-priced ones are sold.

In such a situation, if you have the funds/budget, will you buy out the low-priced listings and hoard (wait till prices stabilise & return to normal) or re-sell for smaller but fast-gained profits?

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Lady & domoodesu-

Thank you and you're very welcome.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Ramius1
Jace, thanks for your advise on the "No low-bidding war" strategy. Yes, I do see your point of being patient and hold the price point despite the temptation to sell quickly to see some profits. After going through a few instances of low-bidding races (but I stopped quickly), I realised that this actually can cause the market for that item to 'collapse' if more than 2 listers continue to reduce listing prices.

There's another situation which I hate to see, is someone flooding the (item) listings with 5 or more at low listing prices. Example being the next highest listing is at 38k and he/she list multiples at 32k.

What I did was to buy and resell/hoard if it's only 2 listings. If it's 4 or more, I wait out till the low-priced ones are sold.

In such a situation, if you have the funds/budget, will you buy out the low-priced listings and hoard (wait till prices stabilise & return to normal) or re-sell for smaller but fast-gained profits?

If I have the funds to do so and it just seems to be one person who is "dumping" their hoard for cheap then I typically buy them up. Whether or not I hold onto them or sell them right away depends on whether it was something I'm hoarding or not. I don't hoard things just because. I put quite a bit of thought into it before I even buy the first item. So I probably wouldn't start a hoard just because I got a bunch cheap because someone else was dumping their hoard. But if someone were to dump a bunch of something I was hoarding I would buy them and hold onto them rather than selling for a quick profit.
I have an opinion question rather than an actualy question but I started your umm advice a day ago and i've made 3k. I've been vending from about 6pm- 12am. Is that bad? If so how can I make sure my gold moves fast enough D: ?

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sweets-x-Mule
I have an opinion question rather than an actualy question but I started your umm advice a day ago and i've made 3k. I've been vending from about 6pm- 12am. Is that bad? If so how can I make sure my gold moves fast enough D: ?

It depends on which items you vended. Another factor is the time window. I think 6-8pm is dinner time and during this window, items move slower.

Don't be discouraged by the low quantity of gold you make when you only started for a day or 2 on this. I started out without this guide and I vended mostly on Black, White and Gold inks when tattoos were newly released. It took me about 2 days to figure out entry (buy) and exit (sell) prices with the crazy roller-coaster price fluctuations.
*is stupid* you lost me D:

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hmm.. perhaps you would like to share with us which items you vended so that we can offer more objective suggestions?

I think 3k may be a good profit if you vend on cheap inks or those items with very small profit margins.
Pretty Much almost everything on the first level list D: expecially house bunny ears .__. was i not supposed to take his suggestions literal

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sweets-x-Mule
Pretty Much almost everything on the first level list D: expecially house bunny ears .__. was i not supposed to take his suggestions literal

I would say you're doing quite well, considering that the margins for each Bunny Ears is around 50-60g (I think, since I don't vend those).

I think a more efficient and effective way is to identify those items which sells fast (more than 100 units sold daily if you can) with the same or better margins and focus on them. House Bunny Ears are selling less than 100 units for the past 6 months. Perhaps you want to search for other items in Jace's list to vend more on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff