Welcome to Gaia! ::

How did you get here?

From Gaia Guides & Resources 0.30234136409908 30.2% [ 891 ]
A friend linked me. 0.1184255174754 11.8% [ 349 ]
I searched some key words and found it. 0.10587037665422 10.6% [ 312 ]
Redirection from Teh Hoarding Guild. 0.019002375296912 1.9% [ 56 ]
Redirection from Solution to a Problem. 0.026467594163556 2.6% [ 78 ]
Redirection from The Profiteers Guild. 0.02205632846963 2.2% [ 65 ]
Redirection from The Newbie Support & Training Guild. 0.007465218866644 0.7% [ 22 ]
Marketplace link/banner/other advertisement. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
By stalking Jace. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
I have no idea how I got here. 0.21717000339328 21.7% [ 640 ]
Total Votes:[ 2947 ]

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Sayurixchan
I don't think you can quite give the impression that a degree isn't worth it. There's no way...no way ever you could get a job as a doctor, nurse, etc. without a degree. And now nursing is setting their standards even higher. Associate degree jobs are hardly available as they are starting to only accept bachelors or above. And if you think about it, would you want a doctor/nurse/dentist/whatever practicing just because he thought he knew a lot? Or would you rather them study their asses off, pass with the insanely high required grades to get the degree, pass all their licensing/accrediting exams, plus having a ton of clinical experience?

Don't get me wrong though...there are plenty of lesser degrees that don't mean much.

I wasn't saying that degrees are worthless. I'm saying we need to rethink what they mean and how exactly they are acquired.

The sciences are some of the few degrees that are actually genuinely worth getting currently. But I don't think you need to go to college for four years to become a radio personality (I mean, I understand there is some equipment involved but I think that would take a year to cover- tops). I think there are a lot of degrees that would be much more appropriate for apprenticeship programs instead of degrees (or have two years classroom learning two years hands-on at least so you can actually get a job when you're done because you have already acquired 'experience'). There are some degrees I think we should abolish entirely (any of the ones that don't allow you to really get a job as anything other than... a professor in the same subject). I also think the fact that many colleges require you to take classes that are not part of your major is unacceptable. If you are going to a le cordon bleu college to become a chef I think that courses in English are unnecessary.

Super Stalker

14,900 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Their argument would be that taking English and math (although chefs might need math) and history and philosophy makes you well-rounded.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Sayurixchan
Their argument would be that taking English and math (although chefs might need math) and history and philosophy makes you well-rounded.

What is the benefit of being 'well-rounded'? I have never understood that phrase, either.

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Jace Quin
Sayurixchan

What is the benefit of being 'well-rounded'? I have never understood that phrase, either.

Hey, being average at everything is better than being a pro at one thing?
Or wait...aren't most of the world's most successful people pros at one thing? Hrm...
~King Awesome

Super Stalker

14,900 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
It's a cop out for those people that don't know what they want to do but want to go to college in order to party or join a greek cult? I dunno. I think its a huge waste of time and money, personally. But college likes to make you jump through hundreds of hoops to get ANYTHING done. There are vocational schools though. You don't HAVE to be "well-rounded."

Adored Sweetheart

9,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for writing this guide, it's been really helpful to me. I have a question about the MC-If your going to hoard these, should you not open the letters? Are the letters more valuable or is it okay to open them?

thanks again for your time and for putting this together smile

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
I-Lost-Me-Mittens
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for writing this guide, it's been really helpful to me. I have a question about the MC-If your going to hoard these, should you not open the letters? Are the letters more valuable or is it okay to open them?

Letters might not be more valuable at the time but hoarding them is better than hoarding the item because if one item does better than the other you don't have the disadvantage of possibly investing in the wrong one.

Adored Sweetheart

9,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Jace Quin
I-Lost-Me-Mittens

Letters might not be more valuable at the time but hoarding them is better than hoarding the item because if one item does better than the other you don't have the disadvantage of possibly investing in the wrong one.

gotcha! Thanks so much smile

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Updated forecast.

Rainbow Lover

15,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Pet Lover 100
Sayurixchan
chefs use a lot of math in their day to day lives usually, think about getting a profit and recipe costing when owning a business.

Questionable Treasure

My god, you've been at this for four years?? I haven't had a chance to read this yet, but this is seriously impressive. Thank you for all your time and effort!

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Luminous Fish
My god, you've been at this for four years?? I haven't had a chance to read this yet, but this is seriously impressive. Thank you for all your time and effort!

Huh. Yeah. I didn't even notice. It's been four years. Weird. I'm glad you appreciate it, though.

Hilarious Gawker

Jace Quin
12/09/11

Level Two
(10k - 100k)

How to choose items to buy for profit at this level and a list of some of the best items to
buy for profit at this level.

White Ink
Enki's Catch
Pink Magical Giftbox
Orb Aggregate
Enchanted Wooden Trunk
Brown Magical Giftbox
Pink Link
Ninja Sword
Blue Magical Giftbox
Starmony
Cuttlephones
Polar Bear Paraplush
Fox Ears
Wind Halo
Enchanted Golden Trunk
Fox Tail
Catastrophe 2nd. Gen.
Pink Ink

The bolded and underlined can't be bought and sold, right?

Hilarious Gawker

BTW Sorry if that quote broke a rule.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
11 05am
BTW Sorry if that quote broke a rule.

It's fine.

Pink Link has been an item for a while now, actually. They didn't used to be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff