Welcome to Gaia! ::

How did you get here?

From Gaia Guides & Resources 0.30234136409908 30.2% [ 891 ]
A friend linked me. 0.1184255174754 11.8% [ 349 ]
I searched some key words and found it. 0.10587037665422 10.6% [ 312 ]
Redirection from Teh Hoarding Guild. 0.019002375296912 1.9% [ 56 ]
Redirection from Solution to a Problem. 0.026467594163556 2.6% [ 78 ]
Redirection from The Profiteers Guild. 0.02205632846963 2.2% [ 65 ]
Redirection from The Newbie Support & Training Guild. 0.007465218866644 0.7% [ 22 ]
Marketplace link/banner/other advertisement. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
By stalking Jace. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
I have no idea how I got here. 0.21717000339328 21.7% [ 640 ]
Total Votes:[ 2947 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
I open the boxes that I find around the site these days because I don't really need the gold. And they're free, anyway, right? But, yeah. Most of my fish are from the daily chance. The rest are ones that I snagged for really cheap in the MP. But they're still all daily-chance fish, just not ones I happened to get myself.
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Haha, a while ago I decided to "try my luck" and open a zOMG Rumble Box (before zOMG came out). I got a Majestic King, unfortunately. D: I could have sold it or hoarded it and received much more! Of course, I was clueless on the market before, so I didn't do a thing about it.

@Jace Quin: Alright, I'll definitely sell them off. -nods-
I'd say that it would be very helpful to The G.A.P. readers if you create a few articles about the marketplace! You write clearly and easily for beginners to understand without droning off into your own world.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Oh, I also opened a Bag of fail *cough* er... I mean Bag of Win a while ago because I had been running a contest where people could guess what I'd get if I opened it. I got a parisian fan, I think. Which was worth like 1/7th of the Bag of Win.

Chinese Chami-
Okay. ^.^ I think I'm going to write some articles in advance (aside from the fact that I have to have one to apply) in case I get busy and can't write one. And then apply in a week or so. *nodnod*
*ponders* What kind of topics do you think I should do? They can only be 1,000 words... Hmm....

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Corvette-
Your post was deleted as the content was inappropriate to this forum. Do not post again unless you are saying something relevant or I will be forced to report you.
Jace Quin
Aromatic Azulene-
Exactly. I do have nine cuttlefish in my aquarium on this account and maybe a couple dozen more in my other accounts but I don't keep them there in anticipation of the gold I'm going to make off them. I put them there more as an afterthought. I don't really think of it as "making" gold because you don't do anything and it takes a long time.

I actually do think of it as a long term investment. As if I had bought halloween items in July and wanted to sell them in October.
I have to hold on to them, but there's no use trying to sell them before that.
And it's a pretty good deal, they are going to triplicate without any risk.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Aromatic Azulene
Jace Quin
Aromatic Azulene-
Exactly. I do have nine cuttlefish in my aquarium on this account and maybe a couple dozen more in my other accounts but I don't keep them there in anticipation of the gold I'm going to make off them. I put them there more as an afterthought. I don't really think of it as "making" gold because you don't do anything and it takes a long time.

I actually do think of it as a long term investment. As if I had bought halloween items in July and wanted to sell them in October.
I have to hold on to them, but there's no use trying to sell them before that.
And it's a pretty good deal, they are going to triplicate without any risk.

That is true. There is a similarity to hoarding. But it just doesn't feel the same to me. *shrugs*

Super Stalker

14,900 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Hahaha...Bag of Fail. All of their magic boxes should contain the word "fail" in the title. But of course...there are those extremely lucky people. Good for them, I suppose.

But I actually did some exchanging today. Haha. Way to inspire me xD I've actually never tried the buying thing on the Wanted forum. I did that today...and did a lot better than searching for the items to buy myself. Sigh. I feel so accomplished.
Made a few.. okay, a lot, of bad investments today.
xD

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Sayurixchan
Hahaha...Bag of Fail. All of their magic boxes should contain the word "fail" in the title. But of course...there are those extremely lucky people. Good for them, I suppose.

But I actually did some exchanging today. Haha. Way to inspire me xD I've actually never tried the buying thing on the Wanted forum. I did that today...and did a lot better than searching for the items to buy myself. Sigh. I feel so accomplished.

Well, statistically there have to be a few lucky people just from sheer numbers. But when you hear about the lucky people it's always someone telling you in the phrase of: "My friend's cousin won 5 Mil from a fortune egg someone gave him." It's never: "I won six Mythrill Moons, Two Lilas & a Spirit Halo from the Famestar2000 Bundle I bought."

Yay! Good for you. ^.^ I enjoy the Buying thing in the Wanted Exchange upon occasion but usually only if I'm rping over im. Otherwise I get a bit bored.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Snushums
xD

Oh no. That's no good. What did you buy? Is there some way I can help?
Jace Quin
Snushums
xD

I bought a bunch of stuff, all which eventually went down in price so I lost 40k on it.
And then I thought, "To hell with this" and started playing Famestar. So now I'm down to 40k. xD

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Snushums
Jace Quin
Snushums
xD

I bought a bunch of stuff, all which eventually went down in price so I lost 40k on it.
And then I thought, "To hell with this" and started playing Famestar. So now I'm down to 40k. xD

Sometimes things go up and down in price through-out the day or week. You could hold onto them until another day or saturday and try again or you can sell them off at a loss so that you have the capital to work with and continue trying to earn back what you lost.
Yeah. I was just gonna leave 'em up for a while and hope that they sell.
I shouldn't of done those famestar things. You get a lot and then suddenly you're losing.
It's a gambling addiction.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Snushums
Yeah. I was just gonna leave 'em up for a while and hope that they sell.
I shouldn't of done those famestar things. You get a lot and then suddenly you're losing.
It's a gambling addiction.

It is. A normally sensible person I know decided when someone gave her a Repo Lamp that she'd open it. She got a Lamp of Mabrook. Elated, she sold it and bought more Lamps. And more and more and more until she had no gold left.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff