Welcome to Gaia! ::

How did you get here?

From Gaia Guides & Resources 0.30234136409908 30.2% [ 891 ]
A friend linked me. 0.1184255174754 11.8% [ 349 ]
I searched some key words and found it. 0.10587037665422 10.6% [ 312 ]
Redirection from Teh Hoarding Guild. 0.019002375296912 1.9% [ 56 ]
Redirection from Solution to a Problem. 0.026467594163556 2.6% [ 78 ]
Redirection from The Profiteers Guild. 0.02205632846963 2.2% [ 65 ]
Redirection from The Newbie Support & Training Guild. 0.007465218866644 0.7% [ 22 ]
Marketplace link/banner/other advertisement. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
By stalking Jace. 0.090600610790635 9.1% [ 267 ]
I have no idea how I got here. 0.21717000339328 21.7% [ 640 ]
Total Votes:[ 2947 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 174 175 176 > >> >>> »|

Super Stalker

14,900 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
I feel your frustrations. I've read a few guides also. This is definitely the best one I've ever read. I also learned exchanging and such on my own in the beginning and didn't know about this Guides & Resources forum either. I actually lucked out a year ago...maybe two...and I randomly won a Ninja Headband. Ah...that was a good time haha. I recently sold it for a few hundred k more than it was worth at the time...and I think the price of that item dropped since then too. w00t!

Anyways, I really liked how you went so in depth with everything. Its extremely useful. And I usually make my own stuff when I'm dissatisfied with what's out there already too xD But I don't know much about this stuff so I can't make one of these guides haha. I tend to exchange...but then get bored/frustrated and stop for a long period of time. Sigh.

Super Stalker

14,900 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Jace Quin
magefeathers
Pustulio demands your attention!

User ImageUntil I read another guide and Jace's, my primary source of income was Cards, which I still do quite a bit of earning through, but exchanging and vending has been so much more rewarding, and faster.

I believe the other guide was: "A Guide to Earning Your first 100k without Begging or Bumping." I remember finding a linky for you because I was trying to explain to you that I Exchange and you were under the impression I meant the shop bug-exchange kind of thing. I used to play a lot of cards, too, but I really like Exchanging much better.

I've read that guide! The reason I started doing the vending thing...I think that one was the guide where he talked a lot about the MP vend thing. That worked for me with the old MP...but after they made the new MP, I just got confused.

Super Stalker

14,900 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
And that last post was really repetitive sounding...wow...I must be tired. I never talk that horribly xD

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Sayurixchan
I feel your frustrations. I've read a few guides also. This is definitely the best one I've ever read. I also learned exchanging and such on my own in the beginning and didn't know about this Guides & Resources forum either. I actually lucked out a year ago...maybe two...and I randomly won a Ninja Headband. Ah...that was a good time haha. I recently sold it for a few hundred k more than it was worth at the time...and I think the price of that item dropped since then too. w00t!

Anyways, I really liked how you went so in depth with everything. Its extremely useful. And I usually make my own stuff when I'm dissatisfied with what's out there already too xD But I don't know much about this stuff so I can't make one of these guides haha. I tend to exchange...but then get bored/frustrated and stop for a long period of time. Sigh.

I feel like a lot of new users don't know about the Guides and Resources forum. It's not one of the main forums and that makes a huge difference. I really think they should make it a main forum or include it as part of the New User Quest.

I decided that going into everything in detail was a much better way to go instead of trying to satisfy the impatient people by making it short because a longer version would be much more useful to the people who actually read it. I've never really stopped Exchanging, myself, but which subforum I've been in or what I focused on has changed from time to time.

That Guide is one of the two that I did like but it is purely a Vending Guide and it is rather dated. I've never used anything other than marketplace 3.0 (I think that's the current version). What were the major differences that confused you about it? Or was it just that his Guide makes no mention of the two percent tax and such?

Super Stalker

14,900 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Jace Quin
Sayurixchan

I feel like a lot of new users don't know about the Guides and Resources forum. It's not one of the main forums and that makes a huge difference. I really think they should make it a main forum or include it as part of the New User Quest.

I decided that going into everything in detail was a much better way to go instead of trying to satisfy the impatient people by making it short because a longer version would be much more useful to the people who actually read it. I've never really stopped Exchanging, myself, but which subforum I've been in or what I focused on has changed from time to time.

That Guide is one of the two that I did like but it is purely a Vending Guide and it is rather dated. I've never used anything other than marketplace 3.0 (I think that's the current version). What were the major differences that confused you about it? Or was it just that his Guide makes no mention of the two percent tax and such?

I agree with your decision to make it long. If they really want to make gold, they'll read it. And benefit. Do you mostly exchange or vend? Or what do you like better?

Yeah, I liked that guide. I think he touched on exchanging...but it was definitely vending oriented. It was probably just mostly the visual aspect that confused me. And change in general. The old version was really plain and simple. Just links and a picture. And now there's like a ton of categories and subheadings...or maybe its the fact that there's just completely new items of a completely different category. Cash Shop. I never liked the idea of it. And now this site is becoming cash shop oriented. Evolving items and "magic boxes" out the wazoo...its annoying. But that's getting me off the subject of confusing MP. I think I'm just being nit-pick-y. This new MP is probably not difficult to understand at all. I'm just being an old lady about it. xD

But seriously...I hate the cash shop.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Sayurixchan
Jace Quin
Sayurixchan

I agree with your decision to make it long. If they really want to make gold, they'll read it. And benefit. Do you mostly exchange or vend? Or what do you like better?

Yeah, I liked that guide. I think he touched on exchanging...but it was definitely vending oriented. It was probably just mostly the visual aspect that confused me. And change in general. The old version was really plain and simple. Just links and a picture. And now there's like a ton of categories and subheadings...or maybe its the fact that there's just completely new items of a completely different category. Cash Shop. I never liked the idea of it. And now this site is becoming cash shop oriented. Evolving items and "magic boxes" out the wazoo...its annoying. But that's getting me off the subject of confusing MP. I think I'm just being nit-pick-y. This new MP is probably not difficult to understand at all. I'm just being an old lady about it. xD

If we're counting serious logged hours of doing one or the other I mostly Exchange. Up until recently I had dial-up only. I now have a faster connection. I like to use a combination of both because Exchanging can be slower-paced and Vending can be very manotinous. If I'm not doing something like roleplaying, writing, etc while I'm Exchanging I'll vend while I'm waiting for responses. If it's a slow time on Gaia I mostly vend because the Exchange is very boring then.

The main page of the MP is weird, I agree. But once you get into the listings, going to the just-added page or typing in a search term you're back to the links and pictures.

I had been on Gaia about two months when the Cash Shop was introduced and I thought it was interesting at first and just sort of fine. But this, let's put put out a new "magic box" every goddamn month thing is ridiculous. I know Gaia has debts they have to pay back to their investors but, really. Gearing the advertising toward younger crowds and neglecting things some Gaians have been waiting years for and perverting things like the Aquariums isn't really the way to do it. Don't they make enough money from advertising? I have the adblocker ad-on and I still get bombared with all of the flash ads.

Super Stalker

14,900 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Jace Quin
Sayurixchan
Jace Quin
Sayurixchan

If we're counting serious logged hours of doing one or the other I mostly Exchange. Up until recently I had dial-up only. I now have a faster connection. I like to use a combination of both because Exchanging can be slower-paced and Vending can be very manotinous. If I'm not doing something like roleplaying, writing, etc while I'm Exchanging I'll vend while I'm waiting for responses. If it's a slow time on Gaia I mostly vend because the Exchange is very boring then.

The main page of the MP is weird, I agree. But once you get into the listings, going to the just-added page or typing in a search term you're back to the links and pictures.

I had been on Gaia about two months when the Cash Shop was introduced and I thought it was interesting at first and just sort of fine. But this, let's put put out a new "magic box" every goddamn month thing is ridiculous. I know Gaia has debts they have to pay back to their investors but, really. Gearing the advertising toward younger crowds and neglecting things some Gaians have been waiting years for and perverting things like the Aquariums isn't really the way to do it. Don't they make enough money from advertising? I have the adblocker ad-on and I still get bombared with all of the flash ads.

I thought the cash shop was okay for a while. But I didn't realize they were going to almost forget updating the regular shops. And just everything...absolutely everything they come out with now is for cash shop only. Aquarium stuff, even zomg stuff is all cash shop. Some of the evolving items are nice. But most of them are just...lame in my opinion. Besides...I don't understand why anyone would want to pay so much real money for some pixelated pictures. We already spend our time trying to make gold.

Sigh. Whatever, Gaia.
Jace, just follow my link at the end of this post and you can visit my main shop - from there you can view my paper. I am a total newbie and this paper is the first thing I have actually done on Gaia. I just joined up with Gaia at the end of December - so the paper is still a new baby. Your more than welcome to check it out.

Also...if your at all interested - we have writing jobs open...LOL...can't blame a girl for trying here....I am looking for a marketplace reporter - someone who can write up articles about working the marketplace and making gold on Gaia in general. Nothing too in depth....maybe just a "what's hot in the market" - stuff to that effect. Things that might help a Gaian out when they are literally stuck. I needed a "don't give up" speech a while back....I bought a 20k item then realized it was something that was carried in the store....lol...took weeks to offload it and then I only made about 500 gold off of it. I was sure sweating it tho....thought for sure I was gonna have to sell it at a loss. But I stuck it out and waited. It paid off, just not by much.

Anyway, I have an article or two to write for the paper yet before I can upload today's paper...it may not go up until midnight or later tonight.

Here's the linkie I promised ya! The G.A.P. Newspaper Shop

Jace Quin
wndy26-
I would enjoy that very much. ^.^ I'd like to try to spread the word to a lot of people and having a review written for it would be great.

I'm also intrigued by your newspaper in general. I always wondered if there were Gaian newspapers out there. I'd be interested in learning more about your newspaper and such if possible.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Saurixchan-
*nodnod* Yeah. I cannot imagine spending so much real money on crap like the "magic boxes" and then opening them. There's a slight chance you might make a lot of gold but more than likely you'll be disappointed. *headshake* Insanity.

wndy26-
Pssh and people say this thread is crazy-organized. The organization that went into your paper is insane. o.o I can't even imagine the kind of time that took to make it so... real and polished, etc. I might be interested in writing some articles. Not sure if I'd want to write them on a weekly basis. Maybe, though. And I wouldn't need to get paid. I'd trade for adspace. *really doesn't think I need more gold*
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

@Wndy26: Ooh! I've seen The G.A.P. around the site often. I've always wanted to apply for a position, but I've never been sure if my work is good enough or not, or which section I would apply for...

@Jace Quin: I've seen that "Earn Your First 100k Without Begging or Bumping" thread, but for some reason, it didn't help me out. While I have been playing for a while, back in the days when you needed a vending pass (I bought one, and we were SUPPOSED to receive 1k once the need was revoked, although I never received the refund) and long before the cash shop. Gosh, I feel like such an old, unsuccessful person, haha. But basically, that thread just didn't interest me. I don't know why, but your guide has been the ONLY one to help me out.

As for the first level, when you say that a quest item MUST be out for at least a month, should I wait a month before selling some Street Fighter Megapacks? I sniped them for like... 65 gold, but I'm not sure if in a month the prices will increase or decrease from what they are now. I've been monitoring them on the Marketplace, but seeing as I can already make a profit, I'm so tempted to sell a few. But would waiting a month be more beneficial?

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Chinese Chami-
That's pretty flattering, that mine has been the only one to help you out.

In your case, waiting to sell the ones you sniped would not be beneficial. In that section I say not to vend with quest/event items unless they've been out for a month under the assumption that people are going to buy them the way that I'd typically buy things like that, when they're a couple hundred gold off the LMP price. But when they're so new they can go down that fast quickly. However, if you can grab some for 1g or very little gold (probables less than 100g would be best) it wouldn't be a bad idea. I shall try to remember to edit that section to put in that exception. *nodnod*

Edit:
Since you've seen the G.A.P. around do you think I should write some articles for them? I don't want to do it for the gold (although I wouldn't mind trading articles for adspace) but I wouldn't mind being helpful to people.
Jace Quin
Up Your Tutu
i personally think the aquarium is a great investment. first off, cuttlefish are around 800 gold, no problem. when the cuttle fish dye, they leave a drop worth around 3k. thats already a long term gain of around 2k. with that you can buy another cuttlefish and start the cycke. try to have as many cuttlefish as possible, as they like to be with other cuttlefish and with more fish, the tank health will rise, bringing better items and gold amounts (i recently recieved and 8k item, a 9k item, and a 6.5k item. my friend recieved 6k gold, and 8k item, and a 10k item.)

So over time you can gain 2k per fish, and alot of great rewards from the overseer. the aquarium will pay for itself and continue making you rich.

--Music should be o lighthouse and temp should be chilly, as these are cuttlefish preferences--
3nodding

I knew when I wrote that section that I was going to get this argument from someone. My point in saying that they are not a great investment is: Fish aren't worth hoarding and neither are the aquarium items. They don't really go up in value and there isn't massive demand for them. Yes, they're fine if you can get them cheap and sell them off. But buying a Lila to put in your tank for the drop or so people play Booty Grab is just stupid because you're not going to get back what you spent 100% guaranteed. Cuttlefish are the only fish that are decent to invest in to put in your tank.... if you want to wait three months for them to die. In three months I could turn that same 800g into more than a million gold. So I'm not going to peg it as a great investment no matter what you say because it just isn't the truth.

Magefeathers-
It's probably why they're all so sad and die.

i know it is not as effiecient b ut with patience it can be a good source of money after a while. also i am definetely not saying to go out and buy and expensive fish. it isnt worth it. i just think that it is a side way to get money, along with anything else you can do in the guide.
@Up your Tutu: I actually do that. But I make A LOT more gold vending than from cuttlefish. If you take 15 cuttlefish (the full aquarium) buy them for let's say 800g, it would cost you 12k to get all of them. Then you'd have to wait 3 months for them to become 45k. Of course, you more than triplicated your gold, but it takes a while. A long while. I wouldn't waste my gold on fish if I had less than 100k. With more than 100k I can think in longer investments and just leave them there making money while I use the rest to vend.

It's not a good suggestion for people who are just starting to make their gold.

Savvy Pirate

30,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
Aromatic Azulene-
Exactly. I do have nine cuttlefish in my aquarium on this account and maybe a couple dozen more in my other accounts but I don't keep them there in anticipation of the gold I'm going to make off them. I put them there more as an afterthought. I don't really think of it as "making" gold because you don't do anything and it takes a long time.

Super Stalker

14,900 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
I think I opened a box like...once. But way back in my noob days where I knew nothing. I got mad at myself when I realized I could sold the box for a lot more in the MP haha...But I got that for free. Spending real money to do that is indeed insanity.

And all the aquarium items and fish that I have are from the daily chance. Lawl. I haven't bought one thing for it. Stupid cash shop.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff