Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Okie, today I started out with 4.1mill and made that thread and got up to 4.2mil. I made100k profit so far. People sold some pretty good items I suppose which they seemed easy to sell. There was some anxiety with a few offers with the Kitsune mask and Angelic anklets. I turned them down.

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
  • Hesitant Participant 100
Pheregames

To begin with, please understand some of the terminology I’ll be using in this guide

The following two words are typically interchangeable, however is how I will be using it. As a whole, these are loose terms...

Vending- What this guide is all about. Action takes place in both the “vend” and the “exchange”. [The traditional word meant buying from the vend, and selling in the vend]

Exchanging- Buying and selling items [with profit in mind] in either just the marketplace, or just the exchange forum.
[The traditional word meant buying from the exchange and selling in the exchange or in the vend] [Confused yet? That's why I went over these words]

Exchange- The exchange forum is where you will come to BUY items; you are looking for people to SELL you theirs here.

Vend- The Marketplace where you will SELL your items here; you are looking for people to BUY your items here. There is a nominal 2% tax on each sale.

AB-Auto-buy ; HB- Highest Bid ; SB- Starting Bid

I think this post can be improved by making the header bigger and center-aligned, and bolding and underlining your technical terms.

Questionable Cat

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hive Mind 200
*just wanna clear this up*

so, for example, one of the things i could do is buy a level 1 fortune egg, then incubate it to get to level 2 or 3?

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
cyrusus

so, for example, one of the things i could do is buy a level 1 fortune egg, then incubate it to get to level 2 or 3?

I guess you could, but when I said "DO NOT PLAY RIGS"... that kinda means... don't play rigs.
Statistically speaking, you're better off not trying to play them. To get to the finish is roughly 12-18% depending on the rig [yeah, we mathed it out there], and then from there you have a less than 1% chance to make a big profit. You have about a 35% chance to break even or do better and the rest you'll end up in the red.

So... pragmatically speaking 35% chance of 12% chance is what... less than 1/2 of a percent to make a good profit? Not saying it can't be done, but there are much safer bets out there.

However when a RIG first comes out, you can make some gold with a "failing" item if you establish the price on the marketplace fast. I made 900k on an item later established at 24k because it was the only one on the vend at the time.

Questionable Cat

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hive Mind 200
Pheregames
cyrusus

I guess you could, but when I said "DO NOT PLAY RIGS"... that kinda means... don't play rigs.
Statistically speaking, you're better off not trying to play them. To get to the finish is roughly 12-18% depending on the rig [yeah, we mathed it out there], and then from there you have a less than 1% chance to make a big profit. You have about a 35% chance to break even or do better and the rest you'll end up in the red.

So... pragmatically speaking 35% chance of 12% chance is what... less than 1/2 of a percent to make a good profit? Not saying it can't be done, but there are much safer bets out there.

However when a RIG first comes out, you can make some gold with a "failing" item if you establish the price on the marketplace fast. I made 900k on an item later established at 24k because it was the only one on the vend at the time.
:3 Okay! Thanks!

7,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Happy Holidays Pheregames. I gotta question, I'm thinking of using my GC to buy a super prize bundle to sell, but what's scaring me is that I do not think the majority of Gaia particularly favored the RIG items this year. Do you think I might have a hard time selling it or might it decrease in price rapidly? I believe it's going for 1.4mill right now.

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Ephemeral_Dream
Happy Holidays Pheregames. I gotta question, I'm thinking of using my GC to buy a super prize bundle to sell, but what's scaring me is that I do not think the majority of Gaia particularly favored the RIG items this year. Do you think I might have a hard time selling it or might it decrease in price rapidly? I believe it's going for 1.4mill right now.
Any item like that is great for a quick sell , but RIGs themselves don't hold value over long periods of time until they leave the cash shop and flux around [mostly going upward very slowly]. I wouldn't play it though.

And check to see if the bundle sells for LESS than the individual items, because often they do, so make the most out of your gold and sell them one by one. I made 40k or so in like 3 minutes cause people kept putting bundles out that were like 20k less than the price of 9 of them xD

7,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Pheregames
Ephemeral_Dream
Any item like that is great for a quick sell , but RIGs themselves don't hold value over long periods of time until they leave the cash shop and flux around [mostly going upward very slowly]. I wouldn't play it though.

And check to see if the bundle sells for LESS than the individual items, because often they do, so make the most out of your gold and sell them one by one. I made 40k or so in like 3 minutes cause people kept putting bundles out that were like 20k less than the price of 9 of them xD
Yikes, the super prizes x9 make out to be 1.53mill. So what should I do? I have only 1524 GC on me.

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Ephemeral_Dream
Pheregames
Ephemeral_Dream

Yikes, the super prizes x9 make out to be 1.53mill. So what should I do? I have only 1524 GC on me.

Buy a bundle with cash.

Take that bundle and open them. You get 9 of the prizes. Sell the 9 prizes. :]

Fashionable Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100
Using this guide I purchased two sealed letters today. I hope they are worth my 300k.

10,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Great. Read everything twice.
Now I'm gonna try and vend.. Hopefully, since I have 28k towards 7mil.

Clean Nerd

3,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
Pheregames

hey just wanted to say thank you for this guide! it was really helpful, and it was also kinda like taking econ all over again xD
bump, thnx for the guide

6,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
LOL from 68k now i got 120k in a day. THX heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers