Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
YO WOLF
What would be a good item to do this? Any thoughts? XD Having a little trouble.
{{ }}

You're not going to make millions of gold over one item and it's really a bad idea to just keep trying to vend with one single type of item, so use the way to determine if an item is good to vend with as outlined in the guide.

Player

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
{{ }}

Hmm.. Thanks?

-friendly hug-

5,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
And there's a creepy doll that always follows you...
Thanks for the great guide! I've been on the site for a while, so I have enough things to sell in my inventory to get a decent chunk of change, but I wanted to find a way to make sure my money KEEPS growing (instead of me spending all of my money on stuff that deflated like I did the *last* time I sold all of my stuff. xD; ) I think this guide will help me a lot in figuring out how to vend and invest wisely.
...It's got a ruined eye that's always open

7,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I'm seeing that the Cloud mc is very popular among the exchange. I tried to buy low and sell at lbp in the mp, but many competitors bid really close to lbp! They pass the 90% and I don't understand how they can make a huge deal of profit without any risks.

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
{{ }}

You forget that not everyone is looking to make a profit, they simply want the item for less, and then wear it, so they're typically ok with paying a little more and getting the item--since anything off the LMP is keeping gold in their pocket.

7,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I suppose it really is that popular for keepers' sake. Thanks for the insight.

Fashionable Millionaire

I like this guide although I'm trying to understand all those technical terms you just used, I think I got it mrgreen As you can see from my sig, I'm trying to get to my goal of 20mill. The only reason I wanted to this just to see if I can reach it, nothing about buying......yet xD.
But I have a question on the items that I'm trying to sell in the future. What do you think about the Nitemare Scarf and Cherry Blossom? I've been checking the Graphs in Market and they aren't too bad. I read a advice to hold on to the Nightmare b/c its profit increase. What do you think? :0

1uxure's Prince

Heroic Hero

9,925 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Generous 100
I used your guide and made 45k~

8,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Since my original post on May 3rd, I've made about 600k so far, being online nightly and playing the market.

Soon to see my first 1 mil even quicker, thanks!! smile It's definitely true... you need money to make money. It's been so tempting to spend a lot of my gold on things I want for my dream avi -- but I know in the long run this is the best way. smile

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Jinxxed
Since my original post on May 3rd, I've made about 600k so far, being online nightly and playing the market.

Soon to see my first 1 mil even quicker, thanks!! smile It's definitely true... you need money to make money. It's been so tempting to spend a lot of my gold on things I want for my dream avi -- but I know in the long run this is the best way. smile
{{ }}

I'm really excited for you-- you'll have those items in no time.

I didn't get into this really, but if you notice, at night [even if it's not night for you, it's relative to the whole] prices tend to change [typically goes lower, but sometimes just less items so more gold], so you may be able to make more selling during "peak hours" when more people are on. It doesn't make a lot of difference, but it explains why you wake up to a bunch of PMs of people buying your items at early or late times.

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Evil_Eevee1313
{{ }}

Great job. I'm glad it worked out for you. And I'm sure you'll be able to make more in the future as well.

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
OneCoolChickXD
I like this guide although I'm trying to understand all those technical terms you just used, I think I got it mrgreen As you can see from my sig, I'm trying to get to my goal of 20mill. The only reason I wanted to this just to see if I can reach it, nothing about buying......yet xD.
But I have a question on the items that I'm trying to sell in the future. What do you think about the Nitemare Scarf and Cherry Blossom? I've been checking the Graphs in Market and they aren't too bad. I read a advice to hold on to the Nightmare b/c its profit increase. What do you think? :0
{{ }}

I know some of it's techinical but I kept seeing guides watering everything down to the point it became "sell high, buy low". Sagely advice. But if anything is confusing, just let me know.

Your goal is pretty large, but really the more gold you have the easier it is. For example, I put 900k mill into the latest rig after seeing that the vast majority of items were selling for MORE than the price of the rig itself. I made about 2 mill and I have pretty horrible luck.

Now generally speaking All Non-Renewable items will increase in value. Items such as commons, Active Items, and the such won't increase since there's an infinite supply and the price you buy it at is the most anyone would pay--setting a "price ceiling". But for everything else, gradually, the price will increase. That's why some people hoard event items [I have about 150k worth of halloween items that I got for about 15k total] or sponsor items [8-12k per Naruto Kunai and they were in the vend early on for 1k!] . But MCs rise as well. It's really up for you to decide if you want to hold onto an item and see if the value increases.

The short answer is your gold works better as gold than as an item. You can make more vending. Generally speaking.

Your idle gold, however, works better as an item than gold. Since not a lot of things are going to crash in value over night. It's safe to throw your gold into a stable item if say you're going onto a trip to africa for 3 months and won't have electricity.

The rate of inflation does exceed the rate you make gold in some cases. Originally the Coco and Kiki were up there as well but copy-cat items have made them manageable, and slowly the nightmare scarf is getting there too.

I really hope that answered your question and wasn't just a long rant of whatever I wanted to talk about and then tacked your question on at the end. I just had an macroeconomics final and I sorta did that for the essay. [I got an A last time doing that]

Addendum: Items that come from letters [MCs] may faulter but the letter won't. So if you can, buy the letter of the month for the MC and hold onto that instead of the item itself. That way if item 1 fails, but item 2 is loved, you'll be safe, and the price of the letter should be higher than the price of the item. [If not, then you open the letter and choose the right item, and sell it for more later!]

1uxure's Prince

Heroic Hero

9,925 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Generous 100
Pheregames
Evil_Eevee1313
{{ }}

Great job. I'm glad it worked out for you. And I'm sure you'll be able to make more in the future as well.

I made 45k with 2 items. In one day.

Fashionable Millionaire

Pheregames
OneCoolChickXD
{{ }}

I know some of it's techinical but I kept seeing guides watering everything down to the point it became "sell high, buy low". Sagely advice. But if anything is confusing, just let me know.

Your goal is pretty large, but really the more gold you have the easier it is. For example, I put 900k mill into the latest rig after seeing that the vast majority of items were selling for MORE than the price of the rig itself. I made about 2 mill and I have pretty horrible luck.

Now generally speaking All Non-Renewable items will increase in value. Items such as commons, Active Items, and the such won't increase since there's an infinite supply and the price you buy it at is the most anyone would pay--setting a "price ceiling". But for everything else, gradually, the price will increase. That's why some people hoard event items [I have about 150k worth of halloween items that I got for about 15k total] or sponsor items [8-12k per Naruto Kunai and they were in the vend early on for 1k!] . But MCs rise as well. It's really up for you to decide if you want to hold onto an item and see if the value increases.

The short answer is your gold works better as gold than as an item. You can make more vending. Generally speaking.

Your idle gold, however, works better as an item than gold. Since not a lot of things are going to crash in value over night. It's safe to throw your gold into a stable item if say you're going onto a trip to africa for 3 months and won't have electricity.

The rate of inflation does exceed the rate you make gold in some cases. Originally the Coco and Kiki were up there as well but copy-cat items have made them manageable, and slowly the nightmare scarf is getting there too.

I really hope that answered your question and wasn't just a long rant of whatever I wanted to talk about and then tacked your question on at the end. I just had an macroeconomics final and I sorta did that for the essay. [I got an A last time doing that]

Addendum: Items that come from letters [MCs] may faulter but the letter won't. So if you can, buy the letter of the month for the MC and hold onto that instead of the item itself. That way if item 1 fails, but item 2 is loved, you'll be safe, and the price of the letter should be higher than the price of the item. [If not, then you open the letter and choose the right item, and sell it for more later!]

Oh yes thank you so much, this post was very helpful. I appreciate everything you said and understand it all mrgreen Now I know what to do ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff