• 50 Wins 150
epic fail typer
LOL from 68k now i got 120k in a day. THX heart

Good job. Keep at it~!

6,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
this is what i did ex: (amount)x 0.90 right?

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
epic fail typer
this is what i did ex: (amount)x 0.90 right?

As a rule of thumb yes.
That will leave you with 8% profit margin. You're welcome to deviate from that amount but really a 10% loss for people is kinda neglable for the person selling it so they'll be willing to part with it.

Some people will attempt to haggle down from that to like 5-7% off the LMP which is where you don't really wanna be. If you know they haggle, you may want to argue for 15% profit. Fight for a mile to get that extra foot sort of thing-- they'll haggle down to your 8-10% profit which is what you're looking for.

6,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
i have another problem i sellled items in MP the price is 184999 and the calculated fee is 4489 something and i did what you said in the Guide use 999 but i still get higher fee.then at first i selled an item that is worth 50k and my fee is 500 only what Should be the correct amount to get Higher Profit.

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
epic fail typer
i have another problem i sellled items in MP the price is 184999 and the calculated fee is 4489 something and i did what you said in the Guide use 999 but i still get higher fee.then at first i selled an item that is worth 50k and my fee is 500 only what Should be the correct amount to get Higher Profit.

The 2% fee is always removed from the end price when you sell on the MP.

2% of 184999 is 3699.98
2% of 185000 is 3700.00

Gold is rounded using standard conventions.

Since your 2% DIRECTLY corresponds to the price you list it as... that's the gold that is going to be removed. A higher price item gets a higher tax. A lower priced item gets a lower tax.

Really, you shouldn't be worrying about that ONE gold. The 999 or 872 or any other variation is simply to get your listing first. So many people throw up items at 50k, but I'm good with 49.7k. I most likely still made a good 2-3k of profit if I did badly, but items at the 50k mark should usually net a higher profit margin [more around 4-6k].
ok i have an idea but all gaians have the choice wether or not to support this idea ok my idea is to have a gaia bank were the money builds up every day hope you like this idea i know i am smile

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
xrockax
ok i have an idea but all gaians have the choice wether or not to support this idea ok my idea is to have a gaia bank were the money builds up every day hope you like this idea i know i am smile

People before made theirs but Gaia shut them all down.

Many, many,many of them failed horribly and because of this, people lost their gold and well when people lose their gold they don't take too kindly.

A select few however did manage to make gold on the banks. You ask lots of users to give you gold to hold and then in a week or whenever they wanted it back you give them their gold plus around 2% more. During the time of holding, just like banks do, they invest it in the marketplace and make more money. With lots of capital coming in, the vendor has to just make sure they make back 2% and then everything else is profit without risk and they can make back 2% easier at higher tiers. [moving towards 03 items for example your profit is a few million to hundred million gold, which can pay off everyone and then make you rich in just a single trade]

So unless Gaia itself made a bank where you could store gold and then get back interest there would be no safety on your gold. And if everyone had access to the bank and everyone though all their gold in there, it would just further inflation.

And if EVERYONE gets gold it just moves prices along the demand curve.

That would mean let's say a MC was 25k before the bank, and then everyone gets granted [or earned] 50k, then all the prices go up some proportion all at once. The demand doesn't change because you getting more gold doesn't change the quantity demanded since the price responds to that change and adjusts the price up.

So after the bank the 25k item plus everyone's new 50k, might make item cost around 33k. So yeah, you just spent "more gold" for the same item but the same proportion of total gold for it.

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
i got 1k tryin' to get 100 million.
Ye how long should this take me? neutral

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
wunk

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
Pheregames
wunk

seconds? days? months? years?

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Oh hey this a popular thread now. Sweet.

Heroic Dark Elf

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
I have one of the halloween event items with me right now and i am debating selling it, or keeping it.
Specifically it is the 2k12 kuro gang coat.
Right now it's at 125 K and it's selling only about 5 units a day.
Do you think I should sell it right now? I like it, but it's also selling slowly but for a lot. Do you think the price is going to dip down quickly?

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Miss Rupa
I have one of the halloween event items with me right now and i am debating selling it, or keeping it.
Do you think I should sell it right now? I like it, but it's also selling slowly but for a lot. Do you think the price is going to dip down quickly?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sell it now. Sell it fast. Since it's a current Halloween item there are more and more of them around so the price will drop until the event is over and next Halloween the price of it will rise until about oct 28th [given that nobody floods the market]

Heroic Dark Elf

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
Pheregames
Miss Rupa
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sell it now. Sell it fast. Since it's a current Halloween item there are more and more of them around so the price will drop until the event is over and next Halloween the price of it will rise until about oct 28th [given that nobody floods the market]
gotcha.

Clean Noob

I don't get what "wait times recommended" means in this :l

Type of Item /// Wait times recommended /// When to buy /// Profit range /// Reliability /// How many?

Like in this one for example

Sealed Letter // 7 days /// 3rd-5th of the month // 1k -35k if sold on the 14th or 15th// Very reliable// Buy as many as you think you'll be able to sell.

So you buy it on the 3rd or the 5th of the month, so then what do you do for wait times reccomended? sell it 7 days after buying it? Or is it when you make the listing, you set it to 7 days? Lol im sorry man

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff