Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fused Sex Symbol

I've only spent about 30min. seriously considering bidding for the current high-end item. During this meditation I reasoned strategy to win, but there's really no trick to this game.

That doesn't mean there isn't a more profitable approach to the game. It just requires some established etiquette.

To start, let's debunk some of the tactics people may use to win:

Sniping

What it is

Sniping is the act of waiting until the last second or two before inputting a bid.

Why it is ineffective

The clock resets to 30 seconds once we've fallen into that 30 second range.

Frenzy

What it is

Instigating a bid storm, constantly outbidding one another until the opposing party has lost the gold/tickets/will to continue.

Why it is ineffective

Obviously, you would need to have as much gold as the price of the item in order to win. You may want to raise the price to a height that most players would be dissuaded from continuing. Let's look at the math for this:

Assume the target price you want to reach is 500,000gold. Bid tickets increase the price by 1 gold.

100 gold per ticket = 50,000,000 gold spent collectively.
    10% discount = 45,000,000
    20% discount = 40,000,000

Doesn't sound TOO bad when it's a collective effort. Let's say you're bidding 1 gold a second to assert your dominance and perpetuate the storm. In 10min. you will have spent 60,000gold to afford the tickets and only raise the price 600g. Which may very well be for nothing because by the time you reach 500k, it will have been 5.78 days at a 1 gold per second pace. What I've noticed is the normal pace however, is 3-4gold per second, so it will only actually mean sitting at your computer for a little over 1.6days to have finally reached that target gold amount.

Proposed action

We only bid in the last few seconds. While sniping is not a viable method for winning, it does however reduce the amount of monetary investment needed to win. 1-4 gold every 30 seconds is much better than 1-4 every second.

If there's ever a time for the frenzy to occur, it would be in the last day of the bid, given it's arbitrary end (Only the day is specified). Save your 1000 tickets or so for then, which will also save you hundreds of thousands of gold.

If there's any suggestions you may have, please submit them. Also remember to bump; we can't take advantage of this opportunity if the word is not spread through the community.

Backwoods Survivor

I'm not sure I myself like Bid Blast, since there's no way to know you will win and stuff. But thanks for brainstorming this. smile <3
people need to realize that's how it works razz but it will never stop the last day frenzy when everyone is trying to get the item before it closes twisted

does anyone know when the item closes? at what time more or less?

Fused Sex Symbol

undertown13
people need to realize that's how it works razz but it will never stop the last day frenzy when everyone is trying to get the item before it closes twisted

does anyone know when the item closes? at what time more or less?

The time is predetermined for each item, but undisclosed. All they give you is the day so it forces people to either spend the whole day bidding, or hope they start bidding at the appropriate time.

Original Poster

13,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
I'm personally one of those jackasses that will come along with my gold, no intentions of buying and just jacking up prices while driving peoples tickets down.

I'll camp last minutes and bump it up.
All in all, Bid blast was made also for people like me. That's the joy of bidding. I know you'll pay more, so i'll make you pay more. To me, 1000g to make you pay 10k more. Gladly.
Your loss is well over mine.

Fused Sex Symbol

TruePaw
I'm personally one of those jackasses that will come along with my gold, no intentions of buying and just jacking up prices while driving peoples tickets down.

All in all, Bid blast was made also for people like me. That's the joy of bidding. I know you'll pay more, so i'll make you pay more. To me, 1000g to make you pay 10k more. Gladly.

Well I couldn't say it any better than you... That's definitely being a jackass.

Still though, for every item on bid, there's probably only like... 5 guys like you. The rest of us should cooperate. The amount of gold you would have to spend to get it to an unreasonably high bid should be more than anyone is willing to waste. To make someone pay 10k more on your own, you would have to spend 1M on tickets (Not including discounts).

Original Poster

13,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Kaori Setton
TruePaw

Well I couldn't say it any better than you... That's definitely being a jackass.

Still though, for every item on bid, there's probably only like... 5 guys like you. The rest of us should cooperate. The amount of gold you would have to spend to get it to an unreasonably high bid should be more than anyone is willing to waste.

But the fact I have personally driven the item up 10k between people bidding and me raising, which is 10k less a vendor makes on 150k.

I use gold to have fun, just like you. and to see people message me about me being an a**, I love it. They always told you to turn and walk away from a bully. That was the best advice, You ignore my kind we go away.

I love cracking deals and such but bid blast we begging for folks like me.

Fused Sex Symbol

TruePaw
Kaori Setton
TruePaw

Still though, for every item on bid, there's probably only like... 5 guys like you. The rest of us should cooperate. The amount of gold you would have to spend to get it to an unreasonably high bid should be more than anyone is willing to waste.

But the fact I have personally driven the item up 10k between people bidding and me raising, which is 10k less a vendor makes on 150k.

I use gold to have fun, just like you. and to see people message me about me being an a**, I love it. They always told you to turn and walk away from a bully. That was the best advice, You ignore my kind we go away.

I love cracking deals and such but bid blast we begging for folks like me.

Which is why I made this thread. For people not like you to realize that if someone like you wanted to do that, they just had to stop trying to outbid you. To make the price go up 10k on your own, it would cost 1M gold (not including discounts) for you.

That's aside from the time involved, because even if you're the Kobeyashi of clicking, the internet will always set the threshold. 1M10K clicks is still going to take a lot of time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff