Welcome to Gaia! ::

Transcendent's Filtering Guide

So, you want to know how the fish move and how to avoid unwanted catches? Then you are in the right place!! I will be posting the fish movements and filtering advice in this thread. I will also be posting other peoples thoughts on the matters as well. Remember, these are just suggestions. How you fish will also determine to some extent, how you need to filter. I will try to post as many different methods as possible.

Index:
Post 1 - Introduction, Index, and Useful Links
Post 2 - Transcendent on Bassken
Post 3 - Transcendent on Gambino
Post 4 - Transcendent on Durem
Post 5 - Others on Bassken
Post 6 - Others on Gambino
Post 7 - Others on Durem
Post 8 - 10 Being kept.
Bassken

Filtering in a nutshell: Catch whatever moves the fastest. If it barely moves, let it go.

The Fish:

User ImageYellow Guppy
Moves very slow and not far before turning. Similar to junk.

User ImageOrange Guppy
Turns quickly, doesn't move far unless you are pulling it.

User ImageRed Guppy
Turns slower than orange - moves fast and far between turns. Similar to bass or even slow blue stripers at times.

User ImageBrown Bass
Moves faster than Orange guppy - turns slow. Doesn't move far between turns.

User ImageGreen Bass
Moves faster than Brown Bass. Turns sharply and fairly quickly - usually moves a good distance between turns.

User ImageBlue Bass - Moves quite Quick. Turns about same as Green Bass, but goes further between turns due to speed. Easily mistaken for a slow striper.

User ImageBlue Striper
Easiest striper to mistake. Very much like a Blue bass - goes a little further between turns though.

User ImageGray Striper
Moves FAST, Turns FAST. Won't travel that far between turns, but will do it quick!

User ImageGreen Striper
Moves almost as fast as a Gray Striper, moves further between turns.

Rares:

User ImageMutha Guppa
Holy_Knight57 describes it as catching a tuna in Bassken.

User ImageBig Mouth Bass'terd
Movement: Unknown at this time - when someone tells me I will post it.

User ImageCandy Striper
Movement: Unknown at this time - when someone tells me I will post it.
Gambino

Once again - the faster it moves the more you want to catch it. Junk barely moves at all here.

The Fish:

User ImageGreen Seedkin
The boldur of Gambino. Slowest fish here. Turns take FOREVER, but it will move much quicker than junk when it does turn.

User ImageBlue Seedkin
Fast. Turns quick - almost seems to bounce back and forth between the lines. No pause between Control and turn really.

User ImagePink Seedkin
Similar to Blue seedkin. Easily mistaken for other fish as it sometimes varies in speed and turns. Normally it tends to bounce back and forth like a blue, except it takes longer to turn.

User ImageCool Rainbow Trout
Closest to green seedkin. Turns slow, but much quicker than the green seedkin. Moves slow between turns. MUCH faster than junk though.

User ImageWarm Rainbow Trout
Similar to blue seedkin. Bounces back and forth quickly. Usually travels less distance between turns than a Blue seedkin.

User ImageFrozen rainbow Trout
Fast as some tuna's. Travels a great distance between turns for its speed. Turns quicker than a cool trout. It may require you to pull it away from BOTH sides of the red lined area.

User ImageIcy Tuna
Slowest turning tuna. Similar to cool trout in turns. Moves fast. This fish WILL require you to pull back from both lines on a plus rod - all tuna do this.

User ImageSpicy Tuna
Fast moving, fast turning. This fish WILL require you to pull back from both lines on a plus rod - all tuna do this.

User ImageDicy Tuna
Fastest fish here. Fastest turns here as well. This fish WILL require you to pull back from both lines on a plus rod - all tuna do this.

Rares:

User ImageBuckin' Bino
Moves Like a Blue seedkin (a couple of people from Top Fishers say so)

User ImageTootin' Tino
Moves like a blue/pink seedkin according to Gaidin.

User ImageChargin' Chino
Movement: unknown at this time - if someone tells me I will post it
Durem

Basic rule here relys on how fast the fish turns. Easy as 1, 2, 3 - see the end of post for how smile

The Fish:
Note: All fish turn almost the same here - major difference is in speed between turns.

User ImageWhite Pebbo
Slowest fish here.

User ImageBrown Pebbo
Slowest other than the White Pebbo.

User ImageBlack Pebbo
Varies - Fast as Blue and Black Biters - can be slow as a Brown Pebbo...

User ImageBluestone Biter
Moves fully side to side on a plus Rod. Moves faster than all pebbo but black.

User ImageBlack Rocque Biter
Just like the Blue Biter - except slightly faster between turns.

User ImagePyrite Biter
FASTEST fish here. Turns really quick as well. Fun to catch smile

User ImageSand Boldur
Strong, SLOW, long pulls. Turns slower than the other Boldurs.

User ImageStone Boldur
Strong, SLOW, long pulls. Turns middle of the Boldurs.

User ImageSlate Boldur
Strong, SLOW, long pulls. Turns quickest of Boldurs - still VERY slow turning though.

Rares:

User ImageDiamondback Lionfish
Tasaika say: The Diamondback Lionfish I caught move like a pebbo feeder.

User ImageEmeraldback Lionfish
Kuja336 says it will sit for about 3-4 seconds then take off with the force of a boldur and the speed of some tires

User ImageRubyback Lionfish
Movement: unknown at this time - if someone tells me I will post it

Filtering

It is as easy as 1,2,3. Literally. Count about as fast as you would read those numbers out loud. The key is when to count smile
A lot have asked about the timing of this part - ever hear the old Jackson song easy as A,B,C, 1, 2, 3 - try the speed of the 1, 2, 3, part on the chorus.

Some definitions of the terms I am using:

Dash - When a fish Heads to one side or the other.

Control - the point when a fish no longer is dashing, but is still pulling toward the side it dashed toward. The fish should almost be at a standstill or SLOWLY moving toward the red side line.

1. Do not count the first time the fish/junk turns.
2. When the fish/junk reaches the point of CONTROL count!!! If you reach 3 and it has not turned it is not a pebbo or biter. If it turns ON 3 but before you can pass 5 it is junk. If you can count to a full 5 or higher it is a boldur.

Note: the quicker you count the more fish you will filter out, but the less the chance of junk. The slower you count the more trash will enter your bucket, but you won't lose any fish. ON RARE occasions, I have had a piece of junk turn faster than 3 and ONCE I have had a tire turn after a FULL 5 count.
Others on Bassken

fishgrab7
Filtering at Bass'ken...
junk moves slowly with short glides( and tends to go on one side more)
yellow guppy: Moves like junk except it doesn't tend to go on one side.
orange guppy:At the top it might stop in the middle then keep on going the same direction.At the bottom it does quick turns with short glides and is also fairly fast
red guppy:Moves from one side all the way to the other side fairly quickly
green bass:moves from one side to the other with quick turns quickly
brown bass:moves slightly faster than green bass but does slower turns
blue bass:moves like striper except with slower turns
gray striper:moves from one side to the other with some force, speedy.
blue striper:very quickly moves from one side to the other with some force but slower turns
green striper:moves very quickly from one side to the other without any pause at all when turning, forceful.
That is my guide for filtering at Bass'ken sweatdrop Hope it helps! biggrin
Others on Gambino

Icantfish
Gambino is easy. Trash is WAY slower than even seedkins. Green seedkins are slow and stick to the sides a lot. Don't get green seedkins confused with cool trout though. Cool trout like to stick to the sides, but move faster than green seedkins. That's what most people filter out. If you want to get rid of Blue seedkin, they switch direction fast and don't move from side to side as fast as trout. Pink seedkin don't move quite as fast as trout, but don't change direction as fast as blue seedkin either, so it may be a bit harder to filter these if you don't have practice.
Others on Durem

kuja336
Durem filtering,

Pyrites move fast back and forth all the way down
Black biters do the same but try to escape to the left when you hook them
Blue Biters:TBA I'll get back to you
Black pebbos move like pyrites but without the strength
White pebbos :TBA I'll get back at ya xp
Brown Pebbos can never make up their mind if they want to run or just get caught....
Slate Boldurs, slow heavy a** fish that pull extremely hard to the left when hooked
Stone do the same but a little faster
Sand Boldurs:not sure neutral Ive caught a bunch but never recognized a genaral pattern.
Emeraldbacks sit for about 3-4 seconds then take off with the force of a boldur and the speed of some tires
Diamondbacks, only caught one, cant tell ya
Rubybacks, Dont know only seen someone with a mask

Trash filtering, Tires move like emeralds, but sometimes faster then slowing at random
Cans:TBD
Tires:TBD Not sure 100% about tires....

Note: I hold my mouse as far right as possible before hooking a fish
Note: Emeralds may come down the middle and then jerk to one side extremely fast

Hope this helps...
Below is some advise from a tournament fisher. If you are thinking about a trophy, KNOW THE COST before you begin!!

Alfrog

Bass'ken Lake (Schedule Tip)
Daily Pace: Try to accumulate anywhere between 2k to 10k in points daily.
(2k a day is presumed minimum points to accumulate a day)
(10k a day is presumed maximum points can accumulate a day)

2k points daily = 60k point total after 30 days and should secure at least Tenth Position at Bass'ken Lake. (Result may vary with Competion)
10k points daily = 300k point total after 30 days and might be the maximum point value possible at Bass'ken Lake! Earnining you 1st Position! (Result may vary with Competion)
*Remember that a schedule is very important and more efficient then fishing all over the place throughout the month.

Port of Gambino (Schedule Tip)
Daily Pace: Try to accumulate anywhere between 4k to 20k in points daily.
(4k a day is presumed minimum points to accumulate a day)
(20k a day is presumed maximum points can accumulate a day)

4k points daily = 120k point total after 30 days and should secure at least Tenth Position at Port of Gambino. (Result may vary with Competion)
20k points daily = 600k point total after 30 days and might be the maximum point value possible at Port of Gambino! Earnining you 1st Position! (Result may vary with Competion)
*Remember that a schedule is very important and more efficient then fishing all over the place throughout the month.

Durem Reclamation Facility (Schedule Tip)
Daily Pace: Try to accumulate anywhere between 8k to 40k in points daily.
(8k a day is presumed minimum points to accumulate a day)
(40k a day is presumed maximum points can accumulate a day)

8k points daily = 240k point total after 30 days and should secure at least Tenth Position at Durem Reclamation Facility. (Result may vary with Competion)
40k points daily = 1200k point total after 30 days and might be the maximum point value possible at Durem Reclamation Facility! Earnining you 1st Position! (Result may vary with Competion)
almost there - reserved
reserved - I am going to start writting soon - but PLEASE do not post as I may need more of these !!!
Thanks for putting all these effort in this mrgreen

Thanks that was really nice of you redface heart
Red eyes B.Dragon
Thanks for putting all these effort in this mrgreen

Thanks that was really nice of you redface heart

Someone posted early wink

I am opening this guide - the information is in a general format for now. As more people give me good descriptions I will add them. In the mean time, ENJOY biggrin

Trans
Nicely done, Transcendent. 3nodding

This guide is sure to help out anyone who's got a question about filtering. smile

Heck, I'm going to subscribe to this thread right now! whee
I'm sure this will help many people looking to get into the leaderboards next month including myself
Great job, Transcendent 3nodding
+subscribes to thread+

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas