Welcome to Gaia! ::

You may now post.

Bloodthirsty Man-Lover

Good luck with this month everyone and congrats to the winners for last month. ninja

Friendly Gaian

Congrats to all legit winners and good luck to all legit fishers : )

Ryunaito's Wife

Invisible Friend

27,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
blaugh Hao Fishers! So who's competing this month?

Original Citizen

7,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
Good luck to the new competitors for this month.

Lover

Considering I'm currently jobless, I'm back to fishing and will compete for the 2nd time. I've only earned one bronze junk trophy (4th place) years ago, so I'm fishing for actual FISH this time around! I used to fish with my Intuos tablet, though I've finally grown accustomed to using a mouse, hehe. Anyway, even if I don't win anything by the end of the month, I'm at least going all out with a "I TRIED MY HARDEST" attitude - and that I was able to place 1st for a little while... That's a big accomplishment for me! 8 U 8

* 7 * See ya'll around in Bassken and good luck everyone!

And I'd also like to take the time to say how much I RESPECT all you top fishers. Now that I'm finally going for it, I've been fishing nearly 14hrs straight (almost ready to go to sleep...) and my legs are super soar.... I think I need to take more walk-around breaks. It's so painful! 8 A 8 Any tips for a more comfortable competitive fishing experience?

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

Little Lilo
Considering I'm currently jobless, I'm back to fishing and will compete for the 2nd time. I've only earned one bronze junk trophy (4th place) years ago, so I'm fishing for actual FISH this time around! I used to fish with my Intuos tablet, though I've finally grown accustomed to using a mouse, hehe. Anyway, even if I don't win anything by the end of the month, I'm at least going all out with a "I TRIED MY HARDEST" attitude - and that I was able to place 1st for a little while... That's a big accomplishment for me! 8 U 8

* 7 * See ya'll around in Bassken and good luck everyone!

And I'd also like to take the time to say how much I RESPECT all you top fishers. Now that I'm finally going for it, I've been fishing nearly 14hrs straight (almost ready to go to sleep...) and my legs are super soar.... I think I need to take more walk-around breaks. It's so painful! 8 A 8 Any tips for a more comfortable competitive fishing experience?

I've personally never had leg issues, though I tend to shift around in my seat often regardless of whether or not I'm fishing. Depending on how practiced you are at the place you're fishing, whether you're filtering or not, and so on, lots of people have different ways to get through it. One of the more common ones is pulling up some kind of video file next to the fishing window and watching that while you fish. You basically end up with half of your attention on each thing, which is typically enough to enjoy whatever you're watching and still reel in the item you have on the line.

I used to play music while I did it, which would occupy part of my mind while I focused on the game. Some people chat while they fish in a non-hidden room and just refresh when the lag gets bad. Fishing with friends seems to be one way to keep it fun longest from what I've seen.

Just don't forget to eat and go potty; I know I would forget such things or put it off "just one more bucket" only to realize 2 hours later that I still needed to eat/use the bathroom.

Lover

Gaidin
I've personally never had leg issues, though I tend to shift around in my seat often regardless of whether or not I'm fishing. Depending on how practiced you are at the place you're fishing, whether you're filtering or not, and so on, lots of people have different ways to get through it. One of the more common ones is pulling up some kind of video file next to the fishing window and watching that while you fish. You basically end up with half of your attention on each thing, which is typically enough to enjoy whatever you're watching and still reel in the item you have on the line.

I used to play music while I did it, which would occupy part of my mind while I focused on the game. Some people chat while they fish in a non-hidden room and just refresh when the lag gets bad. Fishing with friends seems to be one way to keep it fun longest from what I've seen.

Just don't forget to eat and go potty; I know I would forget such things or put it off "just one more bucket" only to realize 2 hours later that I still needed to eat/use the bathroom.

xD "Just don't forget to eat and go potty"... Hahaha, there are times when I hold it just to finish a bucket - or at least get that one more catch! I'm trying to find foods that I can eat with my left hand while fishing with my right. So far, sandwiches, ramen and any kind of drinks, are my friends.

Mmm, I move around a lot, but I still ended up with soar legs... I think it's just the lack to circulation, like during a long flight (which I've had quite a few of those, so uncomfortable if you're seated the entire way). Right now, I'm just playing music while fishing. I've switched between hiding my room and keeping an open room. I know that when I was casually fishing, I loved the conversation, but I'm a person that's SUPER EASILY distracted and talkative, so an open room is a little dangerous for me. xD Hahaha. But I'll probably keep it open for the most part! I do enjoy the company, and I'm sort of in the process of looking out for fishing buddies, as most of my old fishing friends have become unactive over the years.

But your tips are great! I might try the video thing sometime, so long as I don't end up losing more fish that way, haha. * U *bb

Gaian

gl old pals

Aged Prophet

7,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Party Animal 100
Little Lilo
Gaidin

xD "Just don't forget to eat and go potty"... Hahaha, there are times when I hold it just to finish a bucket - or at least get that one more catch! I'm trying to find foods that I can eat with my left hand while fishing with my right. So far, sandwiches, ramen and any kind of drinks, are my friends.

Mmm, I move around a lot, but I still ended up with soar legs... I think it's just the lack to circulation, like during a long flight (which I've had quite a few of those, so uncomfortable if you're seated the entire way). Right now, I'm just playing music while fishing. I've switched between hiding my room and keeping an open room. I know that when I was casually fishing, I loved the conversation, but I'm a person that's SUPER EASILY distracted and talkative, so an open room is a little dangerous for me. xD Hahaha. But I'll probably keep it open for the most part! I do enjoy the company, and I'm sort of in the process of looking out for fishing buddies, as most of my old fishing friends have become unactive over the years.

But your tips are great! I might try the video thing sometime, so long as I don't end up losing more fish that way, haha. * U *bb

small tip if you plan to spend 12-14 hours at it. since you use mouse, consider using thin cotton fingerless glove so your hand doesn't freeze. also, stress ball is good for hand circulation.
good luck!

Lover

Lord of the rod
small tip if you plan to spend 12-14 hours at it. since you use mouse, consider using thin cotton fingerless glove so your hand doesn't freeze. also, stress ball is good for hand circulation.
good luck!

Ooo, very nice tip during the cold weather! Thankfully, my hands don't get so cold, but I wear a very warm jacket and fold a fleece blanket around my legs when I do feel cold. But considering I live in Hawaii, my version of "cold" is probably every else's "warm"... xd

Mostly, I was having issues with leg circulation, so I started walking around more in between a few buckets. It helped A LOT.

Good luck to you too!!

Aged Prophet

7,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Party Animal 100
Little Lilo
Lord of the rod
good luck!

Ooo, very nice tip during the cold weather! Thankfully, my hands don't get so cold, but I wear a very warm jacket and fold a fleece blanket around my legs when I do feel cold. But considering I live in Hawaii, my version of "cold" is probably every else's "warm"... xd

Mostly, I was having issues with leg circulation, so I started walking around more in between a few buckets. It helped A LOT.

Good luck to you too!!

thanks!
hand that you fish with will get cold too cause of restricted circulation. talking from experience too xd

Lover

Lord of the rod
thanks!
hand that you fish with will get cold too cause of restricted circulation. talking from experience too xd

* U * Mmmm, hahaha I see! I haven't experienced that yet, because I'm usually chatting and fishing, but I know what you're talking about! Definitely keeping the only pair of palm-warmers (closest thing I have to gloves) near by!

Seeker

This will be my first time fishing competitively and I'm going to try to get both Bass'ken and junk bronze trophy smile
I was hoping I could get gold or silver in junk but Raging fishing and The cosplayer are fishing like monsters sweatdrop they got 10k points in 3 days and I barely could get 7k in 3 days sad

Good luck to everybody biggrin

Durem Otaku

11,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
dafi12
This will be my first time fishing competitively and I'm going to try to get both Bass'ken and junk bronze trophy smile
I was hoping I could get gold or silver in junk but Raging fishing and The cosplayer are fishing like monsters sweatdrop they got 10k points in 3 days and I barely could get 7k in 3 days sad

Good luck to everybody biggrin

Its not a competition if there are no competitors twisted lol
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out