Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lake News, brought to you by: Over Achiever
Last updated: 7/1 @ 00:55 PM PST

General: Another great month-long competition comes to a close.
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5176/juneresults8la.jpg

User Image

maha will now go home with Overall, congrats to both him and chaos, who were great this month. We haven't seen this close of competition for gold since January.

User Image

Alfrog takes first, maha second, and chaos 3rd. The rest of the Top 10 seems set with __r.d__ not being able to fish at the end of the month, barely missing out.

User Image

Ariela wins Gambino this month, and since CrimsonGoten has stopped chasing 2nd, jitio has taken home second. SinnerChrono has leaped last minute into the top 10, with Chaos barely missing out.

User Image

zickkun will take home the Boldur, and lightbulb55555 the Biter. Here the last spot was taken by Alto Mare on the final day, beating out Uchiha Kens

Congrats everyone, even those who didn't make it. You all fished hard, and hopefully learned as well. Be on the lookout for TF6 after the reset wink
Over Achiever
<center>[Junk Score] = [Score]/[P.I.%] - [Fish Score]

[Junk Total] ~ [Junk Score]/4
This is only an approximation of the total junk caught.

June Junk Rankings
Stats page still not showing any junk totals. Junk thread postponed until further notice.
Final June Stats
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-Contests-
Over Achiever
<center>The Performance Index (PI)</center>
It is simply your total unadjusted score per fish caught (including fish and junk at all locations) for the month divided by the baseline of approximately 20 points per fish. (This baseline has been seen to fluctuate day by day)

For example, you only fished once at Gambino catch bucket of only seedkin. That's an unadjusted score of 18x14 = 252 / 18 fish caught = 14 points per fish for the month. That's a PI of ~70%. Your final score is therefore 252 x 70% = 176

<center>Stats >> Score: 176 Performance Index: 70% Fish/Junk: 18/0</center>
Then you fish at Durem and catch the following bucket:
<center>4 Pebbo Feeders, 4 Biters, 4 Boldurs, 3 Tires</center> That's 7x22 + 4x32 + 4x42 + 3x6 = 468 / 18 fish caught = 26 points per fish for the bucket. If this was the only bucket you caught for the month, you would have a PI of ~130%

However the PI is calculated for the entire month, so after fishing that bucket at Durem, your average points per fish would be 252+468 = 720 / 36 fish caught = 20 points per fish for the month so your PI would be 100% Your adjusted score is therefore 720 x 100% = 720

<center>Stats >> Score: 720 Performance Index: 100% Fish/Junk 36/3

Examples of ~100% PI:
Bass'ken
<center>11 Bass, 7 Striper
Gambino
<center>10 Seedkin, 5 Trout, 3 Tuna
Durem
<center>16 Pebbo Feeders, 1 Can, 1 Tire
Over Achiever
Bass'ken Score Values
6 - Yellow/Orange/Red Guppy
16 - Green/Brown/Blue Bass
26 - Blue/Gray/Green Striper
2,000 - Mutha Guppa, Big Mouth Bass'terd, Candy Striper
Gambino Score Values
14 - Blue/Green/Pink Seedkin
24 - Cool/Warm/Frozen Rainbow Trout
34 - Icy/Spicy/Dicy Tuna
2,500 - Buckin' Bino, Chargin' Chino, Tootin' Tino
Durem Score Values
22 - White/Brown/Black Pebbo Feeder
32 - Bluestone/Black/Pyrite Rocque Biters
42 - Stone/Sand/Slate Boldurs
3,000 - Diamondback/Rubyback/Emeraldback Lion
Junk Score Values
2 - Old Can
4 - Old Boot
6 - Big Old Tire
Gaia has had many great fishers since fishing was released. This is a small shrine to the many great fishers of Gaia, in time I'll have pictures of each fisher here, and maybe some other cool things.
(I've done some switching around here, so thats why things look a little different)

AnjelousUser Image
The only one to win 3 gold trophies, and the only one to win a trophy in all 5 spots. Anjelous defined power fishing, showing us all what can happen when people have 16 hours to fish and all month to do it.

NovarrenUser Image
She might not have won a trophy, but she did win our friendship. With her helpful advice and kind words. She has been a staple for all of the top fishers threads.

Snuggle BunniUser Image
The Gold Durem winner in March, she began her fishing adventure to get the trophy for her significant other, so he would be able to get a Devil Tail. As the month progressed she passed Sir_Peter and took gold. When the month ended she had grown rather affectionate of the trophy, and wasn't able to send it to Eyosakura. Her carefree attitude and fun personality as given us all a look into our own childness.

ElendilionUser Image
Just as Anjelous defined power fishing. Elendilion took it to a whole new level. Shelling out unbelieavable amounts of fish. He shattered records and took Silver in Durem, and a staggering score of 1.2 million for the Gold Overall. It is hard to describe his awesome fishing pace, and he continues to get the gold Durem this month. Truly an incredible fisher

Chaos_ButterflyUser Image
This list keeps getting better and better. Chaos_Butterfly is the first fisher to win gold in all 3 lakes. She also broke the one million point record for Durem. Even in the first month of fishing she took a Bass'ken silver.
Once she starts not much can stop her fishing pace. Right now she is taking it easy, but may start trying to get a bronze in Gambino. Only time will tell.

GaidinUser Image
If there was a fairy tale for fishing. Gaidin would be the main character.
Trying out to get a Bronze Bass'ken in Feburary. Armed with 15k and a Distance Plus Rod. He set out and started fishing, despite power outages, disconnects, and an assortment of other misfortunes his pushed his way through the Bass'ken ranks. Making it as high as to 8th place. Unfortunately, he lost his place on the last day. Nevertheless, he went back to Bass'ken in March, and continued his pace, but staying much higher to prevent an upset such as Feburary had. Near the end of the month he saw an opportunity to take the Silver trophy, and he took it. Getting the coveted silver bass, instead of his bronze guppy. The tale doesn't end there. In April he sought out for a Bronze in Gambino and Durem. Seeing another opportunity for a silver in Gambino he began fishing rapidly there, while trying not to nelgect Durem. When the month was over, he had a Silver trout and bronze Pebbo in his hand. The fairy tale continues with Gaidin resting in the Gold Bass'ken position. Only time will tell if the tale ends with a happy ending.

Alexi_JamesonUser Image
Better known as Kalec. Alexi_Jameson became Gold Overall fisher in Janurary. The owner of a very successful price guide. The Gaian Consumer Guide, or GCG for short. His pace became a staple for fishers like Over Achiever. He fished along side Sapphire Kasserack, and an assortment of others. He isn't around much anymore, and as a result the price guide is losing popularity, and he is losing notoriety. Though for his achievements in fishing, and making the Top Fishers guild. He will be remembered by us

Sapphire Kasserack
User Image
The youngest top fisher is Sapphire Kasserack, and despite her age. She has done some marvelous things. Winning Gold in Feburary being one of them. She attempted for a gold Overall in April but wasn't able to do so. Elendilion attacked the charts and showed us all a thing or two about power. She tried again in May, and was going extremely strong, but due to an unforunate hacking she lost her items and her account has been locked out. She still holds the spot, and the only one in striking distance is Chaos_Butterfly, but she will only fish up to Sapphire's current score. We all want to see Sapphire when the gold Overall. She fished against Alexi_Jameson, and she was just behind her on the overall charts. Only time will tell if she wins or not.

Over Achiever User Image
Over Achiever is just what his name says. Fishing behind Anjelous for most of the month. He has become an icon in fishing. Even just saying OA will get people looking around. His attitude towards fishing, and his great company make him a truly nice person. Winning Silver in Durem, and a bronze junk and Bronze Gambino may not sound like much compared to Anjelous. But Over Achiever went beyond fishing and made friends with everyone in the thread. Over Achiever has done many a great things, and is still doing more. He is the epitome of a top fisher.
Regulars
If you wish to be added to this list and post here often, please PM Gaidin with the subject title "Regular"

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User ImageUser Image User Image User ImageUser Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
<center> Memorable Quotes
brezzie

<center>Alright!
You Caught

A Dirty Wing!
"Where's my fish?!?!?!??!!??"</center>

---

<center>Alright!
You Caught

A Rusty Halo!
"A gift from the Fishing Gods!"</center>

---

<center>Alright!
You Caught

An Old Token!
"Where's the Slots, yo?!?!??!!!???"</center>

+Decieve+
<center>~~
Ah..Jeez..This is really evil. In Jan, everyone was just having friendly competition. No pain, no gain. Feb, things got a little hectic but still was pretty nice and smooth. Mar, a few more complications, but everyone's still pretty good friends and such. April, Even more problems and pretty much everyone's getting involved. May, issues all over gonk everyone all crazy and upset...(Not everyone...). June, the best friends become enemies. Everything's messed up and ****** up...What the **** is this getting us into? Just a stupid pixelated game online. It's not like we'll die without these trophies or whatever. It's just a game. It used to be friendly competition but now it's turned into war. Everybody acts all nice and such, but they're really upset, I know. Even people not competing are completely messed up. **** this!
~~

Duo__Maxwell
My bouncy ball just tried to kill me!

Espresso
Enadiz
Over, why are there two of you???????...??...?

because (to follow the trend) this is

"Top Fishers Reloaded - Now with 80% more clones :O"
<center>10/15
<center>11/15
Rules
1. No begging.
2. No spamming.
3. No multiple page quotes.
4. No stretching out the screen.
5. No disrespect please.
6. No quoting the first page.

Try to keep quoting to a minimum, anything over 5 quotes is excessive.

Snuggle Bunni
The over-quoting will be STRICTLY enforced

Banned
<center>Hall of Shame
You do not want to be here!
You either broke one of the rules and/or pissed people off.

purifacation elemental
Drako27
MMMster
mach kid8
shadzar
a2yh047
gunblade_72

Please don't post here again.

<center>
<center>Poetry Corner</center>

As or now the poems are just posted in the order they were posted in the main thread. If you have posted poetry in this thread and it is not here please PM it to Gaidin.

<center>Lake Themed</center>

Bass'ken

Over Achiever

Guppies are red,
The Bass are blue,
Filtering out junk,
Takes forever to do.

whee

Frustrated
Red Guppy Red Guppy you move like Bass,
Red Guppy Red Guppy you smell like a**.

Red Guppy Red Guppy you are so plentyfull,
Red Guppy Red Guppy I have a whole damn bucket full.

Red Guppy Red Guppy I wish you were dead,
Red Guppy Red Guppy I'll mount you on a hat and wear you on my head.

Red Guppy Red Guppy you must breed like bunnies,
Cause Bass'ken is so full of you ******** it's not even funny.

maharito
There's a man of Lake Bass'ken named Floyd.
A simple fishing method he employed.
If the strength of a wiggle was just more than a little,
he'd reel it in, and be overjoyed.

Gambino

chaos_butterfly
Seedkin are pink,
frozen rainbow are cool,
version 105 sucks,
and the admins are cruel.

brezzie
My pretty little Seedkin
if only you had seen him
He was rainbow'rific
it was just terrific
He loved to swim and play
and then one day
my Seedkin' ran away.

maharito
There's a man of Gambino named Keith,
who made 'fff fff' sounds through his teeth.
whenever a fish's power surpassed the left red tower,
he'd use rhythm to catch the tuna beneath.

Durem

Heavens Wraith
pebbos are black
pyrites are gold
fishing is fun
until it gets old >.<

wagnas
Bass'ken reeling is slow
Gambino water is deep
But at the ultimate fishing lake
Yes that's Durem, I always fall asleep

~Magical_Trevor~
Pebbo fish Pebbo fish,
Brown, White Black.
Pebbo Fish Pebb Fish,
I'm putting You Back.

Pebbo fish pebbo fish,
Brown Black White.
Pebbo Fish Pebbo Fish
You don't put up a fight.

Pebbo fish Pebbo Fish
Black White Brown.
Pebbo Fish Pebbo Fish,
You weigh my bucket down gonk

brezzie
My dear little Pebbo,
I should name you Bebbo
You look like a mouse
you smell like a house
One day you ran away
I wish you could've stayed
My Bebbo ran away.

maharito
There's a lad of ole Durem named Paul,
though 'Paulina' did his drinking buddies call.
When his cursor pulled over the left side of the shoulder
only boldurs and biters didn't stall!

<center>Other</center>

wagnas
OA wears socks
but why he wears a BAO, I have no clue
but the Labcoat makes him a man
And that is completely true.

Teh Squish
Junk is lame
filtering is fun
But make a Tin Hat
and you'll have lots of fame

Over Achiever
Old cans are shiney,
Old boots are big,
Those big old tires,
Belong on my rig.

wagnas
Gaidin wears an OMG
Heaven rates poems
But I think it's all a plot
That's why I end this one without rhyhm.

Teh Squish
They can be long.
They can be hard
Mine will be bronze
Some will be gold
Trophies are here
Pass me another beer? *shrugs*

Gaidin
Silver is good,
But Gold takes the cake,
And Chaos has got one,
From every single lake! whee

wagnas
Some fishing trophies are Silver
Others are made of Gold
But for the Shiny Sushi Statuete
That one has to be cold

Piraten
Mysterious Fishermen!
Mysterious fishers, we see them each month
Nobody knows'em, but these are the ones
That appears out of nothing, to flash off some skills
Get their hands on the gold
And then disappears
We've seen'em before and we'll see them again
Mysterious fishers be carefull with them!

Shyla
Okay, here is my poem. Please keep in mind that I am a terrible poet. sweatdrop

I want them to introduce fishing at the Barton Coast.
I caught a Snarlin Marlin and a Whale, we could surely all boast.
Maybe with friends we could fish from a boat,
Or set sail from a castle that has a murky moat.
Our ship would never ever spring a leak,
As we floated along to find the fish that we seek.

Teh Squish
Bass'ken is slow.
I hate this new version
Red guppies are evil
Going for overall really blows.

brezzie
One day I caught a guppy
the guppy smelled like bass
a bass that smelled like a**
Then my mother told me,
"he's just your little homie"
So I took him for a drive