• Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
  • Millionaire 200
Xantetsuken
Finally, they're in! Congrats.

Thanks and likewise. smile
FishingKnight
xxkeanxx
So i took this shots into consideration... and went out to bass'ken and started timing myself along with keeping track of my score as i go. i tested my times three times with out filtering and three times with filtering,

Fist attempt: 5:37secs with a score of 190+

Second attempt: 6:02 with a score of 160+

Third attempt: 5:14 with a score of 200+

now the filtering test...

1. 11:47 with a score of 360+

2. 10:46 with a score of 380+

3. 12:13 with a score of 310+
There is a difference between a huge amount of fish/points and an impossible amount of fish/points. A perfect bucket at Bassken of 9 medium and 9 large is worth only 378 points, and it takes 20-30 minutes to achieve if you have good luck.
Be careful when posting 'results' of tests as it makes you look suspicious both in how you are going about getting an impossible score as well as in motive.
Also, with a strength + rod it takes roughly 15 seconds to cast and fully reel in the line. 15 seconds 18 times is 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Add in 10 seconds for typing in captcha and reloading a new bucket and you have a minimum time, assuming you hook something each and every cast, at 4 minutes and 40 seconds. Of course everyone knows that hooking something with each cast for an entire bucket is extremely rare, let alone for multiple buckets consecutively. I'm not familiar with a regular Strength rod, but you can't even hook large fish with it so it doesn't really matter in these examples.
A lot of people in the fishing community are familiar with these numbers/averages and notice when people consistently go above them as it is a sign that something is up. Once you become more familiar with more practice then you will be able to spot them as well.

Wealthy Noob

8,425 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Shiletimis
FishingKnight
xxkeanxx
So i took this shots into consideration... and went out to bass'ken and started timing myself along with keeping track of my score as i go. i tested my times three times with out filtering and three times with filtering,

There is a difference between a huge amount of fish/points and an impossible amount of fish/points. A perfect bucket at Bassken of 9 medium and 9 large is worth only 378 points, and it takes 20-30 minutes to achieve if you have good luck.
Be careful when posting 'results' of tests as it makes you look suspicious both in how you are going about getting an impossible score as well as in motive.
Also, with a strength + rod it takes roughly 15 seconds to cast and fully reel in the line. 15 seconds 18 times is 4 minutes and 30 seconds. Add in 10 seconds for typing in captcha and reloading a new bucket and you have a minimum time, assuming you hook something each and every cast, at 4 minutes and 40 seconds. Of course everyone knows that hooking something with each cast for an entire bucket is extremely rare, let alone for multiple buckets consecutively. I'm not familiar with a regular Strength rod, but you can't even hook large fish with it so it doesn't really matter in these examples.
A lot of people in the fishing community are familiar with these numbers/averages and notice when people consistently go above them as it is a sign that something is up. Once you become more familiar with more practice then you will be able to spot them as well.

Now, it prolly would of been best for me to actually use a calculator.. thus is the reason why i put (+) on every test, as of not actually being sure of what the actual score might of been,but i was sure that it was within them lines since i already have a score set in and it would be just a little hard for me to ping point an actual score of each bucket, of by two points is a simple mistake that most can make, now moving on to skills within fishing, now i am not gonna sit here and pretend to know how good you are in fishing, but i will tell you that just because you may take 30 minutes or so does not mean the rest of us are the same, not only does skill come into play but possibly being on a lucky run and managing to spot every large or medium that comes into contact with the rod, now i assume you think this guy is using a strength rod? i don't know that all my test was done by the most recommended rod in bass'ken (basic rod +) because i imagine that if this guys is catching fish that fast i wanted to use a rod that i knew for a fact can reach that amount with a little skill and a little luck..... now as in the limit... i didn't wanted to post any further to correct anything within what i said, do to feeling under the weather and becoming sick i just don't want to deal with it anymore, but i did notice that yes there is a limit and catching 400+ is impossible.. but there is only one thing that comes into mind..? why is he not banned yet then? why is he allowed to continue. Somebody is telling a lie or just another cheater by passing the admins

also after further testing my time score just keep going higher and higher since trash was over running my lake making me reach areas like 8-10 16-19 so its some what true that 20-30 is around the most common one, but this methods are out dated and many 'Pro Gamers' have come into play... now there are many devices that can actually play this flash game that will make it easier on the person fishing, (Wii) using a nun chuck is actually very simple and fun (laptop touch pad) is another method that i use all the time using this is much much more easy then moving the wrist left and right because all you really have to do is move your finger left and right with no actual effort (even in durem) (Ps3 can also play fishing) ect ect and many others..but this will all depends on the sensitivity that you adjust within mouse,touch pad/screen,controller, and remotes. now many of you may not know this but because of how outdated the guides in gaia really are.. nobody really takes the time to mention any of this...

I don't wanna sound like i am defending a cheater but what i am defending is the fact that we are ignoring the real cheaters because most of the (people) are friends with people that reach amazing amounts of points month after month, and its alright because sometimes it feels like you are being a bad friend when you actually sit there and say 'are you cheating' might ruin a friendship if he is not.

if you want to expose a cheater, tell an admin show him this so call proof, don't come to a forum were it don't belong and have every one go after this guys when this guy is not even given the chance to defend himself... (feeling to under weather) reply if needed but ill get back to you when i get the chance..

Happy Fishing.

Salty Fatcat

FishingKnight
Shiletimis
FishingKnight
xxkeanxx

Now, it prolly would of been best for me to actually use a calculator.. thus is the reason why i put (+) on every test, as of not actually being sure of what the actual score might of been,but i was sure that it was within them lines since i already have a score set in and it would be just a little hard for me to ping point an actual score of each bucket, of by two points is a simple mistake that most can make, now moving on to skills within fishing, now i am not gonna sit here and pretend to know how good you are in fishing, but i will tell you that just because you may take 30 minutes or so does not mean the rest of us are the same, not only does skill come into play but possibly being on a lucky run and managing to spot every large or medium that comes into contact with the rod, now i assume you think this guy is using a strength rod? i don't know that all my test was done by the most recommended rod in bass'ken (basic rod +) because i imagine that if this guys is catching fish that fast i wanted to use a rod that i knew for a fact can reach that amount with a little skill and a little luck..... now as in the limit... i didn't wanted to post any further to correct anything within what i said, do to feeling under the weather and becoming sick i just don't want to deal with it anymore, but i did notice that yes there is a limit and catching 400+ is impossible.. but there is only one thing that comes into mind..? why is he not banned yet then? why is he allowed to continue. Somebody is telling a lie or just another cheater by passing the admins

also after further testing my time score just keep going higher and higher since trash was over running my lake making me reach areas like 8-10 16-19 so its some what true that 20-30 is around the most common one, but this methods are out dated and many 'Pro Gamers' have come into play... now there are many devices that can actually play this flash game that will make it easier on the person fishing, (Wii) using a nun chuck is actually very simple and fun (laptop touch pad) is another method that i use all the time using this is much much more easy then moving the wrist left and right because all you really have to do is move your finger left and right with no actual effort (even in durem) (Ps3 can also play fishing) ect ect and many others..but this will all depends on the sensitivity that you adjust within mouse,touch pad/screen,controller, and remotes. now many of you may not know this but because of how outdated the guides in gaia really are.. nobody really takes the time to mention any of this...

I don't wanna sound like i am defending a cheater but what i am defending is the fact that we are ignoring the real cheaters because most of the (people) are friends with people that reach amazing amounts of points month after month, and its alright because sometimes it feels like you are being a bad friend when you actually sit there and say 'are you cheating' might ruin a friendship if he is not.

if you want to expose a cheater, tell an admin show him this so call proof, don't come to a forum were it don't belong and have every one go after this guys when this guy is not even given the chance to defend himself... (feeling to under weather) reply if needed but ill get back to you when i get the chance..

Happy Fishing.

I don't know about other people around here, but I haven't seen ANYONE get trophies lately that has suspicious buckets.

However I have seen some AWESOME record breaking scores and there is NOTHING wrong with those. Especially since they are putting in the appropriate amount of time to get those scores.

Some people (me included) sometimes suffer from insomnia, which means we can end up fishing 20+ hours in a day. While it may not be healthy and may not do anything to help with the insomnia, sometimes addictions to games can lead you to do things like this despite the fact that you should be attempting to sleep more. But when you have insomnia sometimes you feel your time is better used just fishing rather than laying in bed attempting to sleep cause you know you aren't actually going to fall asleep. And of course, those of us who suffer from addictions don't want to take medication, because it can be even MORE dangerous to our health.

Now, when someone is busting about a bunch of perfect buckets in under 5 minutes, I'm going to say hell yes, that's a bot. If someone is fishing full buckets under 4 minutes every time, I'm going to say hell yes, that's a bot. But if someone is doing average bucket scores and averages times, but is fishing more than 12 hours in a day, I'm not going to start going HEY THATS A BOT. Because its not, its probably someone with NO OTHER COMMITMENTS during that time frame. Or maybe someone who works at job that allows them to play games while they do other stuff.

And while this forum is NOT the appropriate place to start pointing fingers at bots, I'm not going to start bitching someone out just because they posted about a REALLY REALLY suspicious character. What you should do is report the post instead.
My first trophy. emotion_kirakira

Wealthy Noob

8,425 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
xxkeanxx
FishingKnight

Happy Fishing.

well i have explained myself why i posted it in this forum.. i was supposed to report it but i can't find any link that says Report a Bot.. there are only report pages for Hack, Scam and Harrassment.. so this is what i did.. and yes if you are reading this Fisherman Neko kindly reply so you can defend yourself..

and yes I added Larvie as a friend because she was nice.. so we're firends on Gaia now.. and i see her online all throughout the day.. from morning til midnight so really i won't have any doubts she is fishing legit.. and as i said her scores are moving normal just like any all the other legit fishers out there.. not like Fisherman Neko's score that really caught my attention..

I really don't know what to tell you, all we can do now is be patient, i am not sure if it is true but some say that bots cannot get trophies, and if this guy manages to stay in the stats then all we can do is wait, and if larvie manages to stay within second place and its found that neko is a bot then hopefully they will find a way to fix this and give her the gold she deserves... I don't want you to think i am mad of you for doing this, this only shows me that you are a concerned fisher of this community and i very much welcome it, but i just don't know what to do.. until we can get further instructions there is not much to do but wait..

Good luck every one.

Happy Fishing
FishingKnight

I really don't know what to tell you, all we can do now is be patient, i am not sure if it is true but some say that bots cannot get trophies, and if this guy manages to stay in the stats then all we can do is wait, and if larvie manages to stay within second place and its found that neko is a bot then hopefully they will find a way to fix this and give her the gold she deserves... I don't want you to think i am mad of you for doing this, this only shows me that you are a concerned fisher of this community and i very much welcome it, but i just don't know what to do.. until we can get further instructions there is not much to do but wait..

Good luck every one.

Happy Fishing
Especially around this season, those who are generally responsible for removing cheaters from the boards are busy with their own responsibilities in real life. This being the case it isn't unusual for cheaters to remain on the boards for prolonged periods of time. However, do take comfort knowing that they always check the legitimacy of all those who are awarded a trophy before any get handed out for a month to ensure that cheaters don't manage to sneak by, this is why it wasn't until just recently that last months trophies got handed out.
I do agree that talking about cheaters this month did get significantly out of hand this month, that's why I usually avoid making posts.

Lonely Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
  • Millionaire 200
Crystallized Jello

gaia_diamond Ditto, lets celebrate our first trophy happiness together. emotion_brofist gaia_diamond
Kroneru

gaia_diamond Ditto, lets celebrate our first trophy happiness together. emotion_brofist gaia_diamond
emotion_hug

Questionable Streaker

I love trophy day XD
Havent had a chance to read that much in the TF thread in a long while xD

Congrats to all those who received their trophies today~ heart & all the first time trophy winners!

Thirteenth Master

13,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Crystallized Jello
Congrattssssssssssssss xp

Greedy Capitalist

xxkeanxx

Nice observation dude, me myself doesn't know where to report also, I kind of notice a big jump on his score last week. I frequently check the score, biggrin . Since I haven't met "that" person, I didn't know what to do also. At least today, we know now which is which... cat_whee

Pro Fisher

11,975 Points
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Lovers Fish 200
Larvie
xxkeanxx

Nice observation dude, me myself doesn't know where to report also, I kind of notice a big jump on his score last week. I frequently check the score, biggrin . Since I haven't met "that" person, I didn't know what to do also. At least today, we know now which is which... cat_whee

hey larvie,

here's a link that explains what to do if u find a fishy fisher. biggrin

http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?mode=view&post_id=33451171&u=946829

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out