Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,975 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
I'll end up sticking in Bass'ken all month. I don't want to overdue it. If I end up with some free time due to competition dropping out I'll take that time and use it to clean my room, sleep, or eat food not from a package. If I keep up the 15 hour sets I'll have my quota by the 20th, maybe I'll snatch an easy bronze is Gambino.
General: As the first 24 hours of August are coming to an end, people are rushing to get into place for the trophies they are aiming for.

User Image

K l N G Z R O holds 1st in Overall at this time with ii_APPLESAUCE-R-US_ii trailing. Not much else to say at this time due to it being to early to be able to guess who may be attempting an Overall run this month. Raining Miroku did make a brief appearance on the board very early this morning with a monsterous PI, however overfished in Durem shortly thereafter and fell off the board before retiring for the day.

User Image

Var1anT is holding 1st in Bass'ken with a comfortable lead over iRMA_Cx, both of whom have high scores for the first day. Zubatt holds 3rd with Maldervich jr in a close 4th position

User Image

1st and 2nd have been close all day today, however Slim Satan regained the lead he had at the begining of the day, overtaking Emotionally Unstable.
xoxiheartduckii sits at ways away in 3rd with Lutishyia close behind in 4th

User Image

In 1st is Shiletimis, who holds a commanding lead over Ryujin_Silver who has began to pick up the pace mid this evening and is going strong, closing the gap 1st and 2nd. A few hours behind in 3rd is Acannae who has also began picking up the pace late this evening, with old school fisher, tiranaki in 4th only a bucket or two ahead of XZer0Divisi0nX

User Image

xoxiheartduckii has held 1st all day, with the following positions switching hands a few times early this morning. Shiletimis has slowly been creeping up on duckii, with duckii pulling away time and time again. unknownprincess quickly closed the gap between her and 2nd early this evening, however has appeared to have stopped just shy of passing Shiletimis not long ago. iRMA_Cx holds 4th, slightly ahead of Var1anT

Fishers to Watch:
Var1anT: He has fished huge amounts of buckets so far, and has set quite an ambitious goal for himself. It should be interesting to see just how far he can go this month in Bass'ken, and whether anyone will be able to offer any competition.

Slim Satan/Emotionally Unstable: Both showing similar fishing speeds and having switched position between 1st and 2nd in Gambino today, they are going to be offering each other great competition for the next couple days, if not the rest of the month unless one of them can break ahead of the other.

Zubatt: Having won gold trophies in the previous 2 months with no question on whether he would lose or not, it would be reasonable to expect to see him go after another this month. Perhaps the Overall he was ever so close to winning last month, as he has been filtering in Bass'ken so far this month. Although he hasn't done much compared to others this first day, he has still managed to reach a very good score in just one day, and it will be interesting to see if he continues his gold streak.

Raining Miroku: After poking onto the Overall board early this morning, with such a massive PI, it should be worth paying attention to just how far he is going to push in Overall this month if he continues. Perhaps even breaking the current record for the highest winning PI. If Zubatt is after an Overall, could create some very interesting competition as well.

Shiletimis: With such bizarre fishing habits, and the tendency to be over zealous in the first few days then to drop out for the rest of the month, it could prove interesting to see whether he can actually maintain a regular fishing schedule. With as much free time as he has, he is a fearsome competitor if he can hold a consistent interest in fishing throughout the month, as well as has mentioned a possible switch in goals he is definitely some one to keep an eye on for the first week of the month for competitors and observers alike.

Scores As Of This Update
RANK 1
OVERALL
K l N G Z R O
Fish Caught: 558
Score: 8478
Bass'ken Lake
1. Var1anT
Fish Caught: 2205
Score: 21440
2. iRMA_Cx 16758
3. Zubatt 10010
4. Maldervich jr 9756
5. Next_Gen_AnT 7588
6. Box Reply 4012
7. K l N G Z R O 3434
8. xx_Crayola_xx 3366
9. baechankitty 3224
10. Raining Miroku 3072
11. A Dead Hatian 3008
12. Emotionally Unstable 2732
13. Obscure Malevolence 2456
14. Mr Cbox 2454
15. xxCandii4xx 2218
Port of Gambino
1. Slim Satan
Fish Caught: 1536
Score: 27454
2. Emotionally Unstable 26162
3. xoxiheartduckii 14634
4. Lutishyia 12740
5. num1Narutofanatic 10984
6. Amarillo Sky 9626
7. IMrMeanBunny 7968
8. Bury Me New 6802
9. LadyWhiskey 5346
10. K l N G Z R O 5042
11. sealed_kiki31 4650
12. general-tran 4434
13. Ra-Ra-Ricky 4252
14. Simple-Marionette-String 4130
15. unknownprincess 3994
Durem Reclamation Facility
1. Shiletimis
Fish Caught: 2707
Score: 66894
2. Ryujin_Silver 27976
3. num1Narutofanatic 21560
4. Acannae 19858
5. tiranaki 12646
6. XZer0Divisi0nX 11452
7. El_Pul 8806
8. Raining Miroku 8488
9. dilann 8486
10. Zogoto 6262
11. InvaIid User 5124
12. -Skull Rider 05 - 4492
13. b3stY UK 4420
14. Jaymoverz 4176
15. ll Shuyin ll 3796
Junk
1. xoxiheartduckii
Score: 2928

2. Shiletimis 2808
3. unknownprincess 2490
4. iRMA_Cx 2092
5. Var1anT 1940
6. Box Reply 1612
7. xx_Crayola_xx 1146
8. Ryujin_Silver 992
9. general-tran 982
10. Maldervich jr 958
11. xxCandii4xx 950
12. xx Santa Claus xx 938
13. InvaIid User 868
14. Next_Gen_AnT 794
15. DaniRhapsody 768
ยป See More Rankings...

3,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
oh the lake news, how uv been missed. Good work shil, if you and variant share it im sure it will be come a part of fishing again, i aslo plan to bere here all month so i might help too
>.> *waves fishing flags for everyone* Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy. . . >.> Is Accy allowed to edit if it's needed? Editing is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. <.< xD

6,975 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
Brilliant fishing news report. Added to my awesome screen shot library.
Thanks for the updated lake news, I miss it. I use to login when I had extra time just to read it, even if I wasn't competing!

Good Luck This Month! *waves flags*

6,975 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
Looks like I'm the last fisher to go to bed. 27 hours of raw power-fishing and I'm giving up my chair. Be back in a few hours. Goodnight all.
Hehe lakes new! xD
Man you don't know how much we have all missing the news D:
anyone else having problems all a sudden with the passcode not working even when u enter it correctly like 20 times?

:Edit like it just popped up saying they were phishing a new site feature, it just saved.

Unforgiving Elder

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
GOOD LUCK ALL COMPETING THIS MONTH!

User Image
Great to see all the enthusiasm for the new month, and read some "lake news". Nicely done, Shile.

I hate to bring up something negative, but I posted in last month's thread with no resolve, so I'm going to post again...

We all know there are a multitude of problems with fishing, which most of us have simply grown to expect and work around or put up with, since there is no other choice. We've had promises of fixing and possibly revamping fishing, but it is yet to be seen. rolleyes

The problems with not saving fish are actually more severe than most might suspect. Maldervich jr has started a thread addressing this problem, and documenting lost fish so he can do a bug report. I am accumulating carefully kept data from last month, myself, and will be posting there soon. If you have noticed you're missing fish in your inventory, or wonder if you are, check out this thread, and start keeping track!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-fishing/read-me-were-s-all-the-fish-gone/t.63610199/

Now for the main reason for this post:

While competing last month, I caught an Emeraldback Lionfish.

User Image

The bucket seemed to save fine, and the fish appeared in my stats:
User Image

But Sadly, the fish never appeared in my inventory! burning_eyes

I realize I'm just one Gaian, and it's "just" one fish. But what a huge disappointment! WHEN are the fishing problems going to be resolved? And is there anything Gaia can do to restore this fish to my inventory?

In the meantime, I see other changes to the site. ninja Tips for posts? ninja I see begging coming to new heights, but it could also be kinda fun. But WHY is fixing what is already in place not a priority before all this new stuff?

Oh, and AWESOME FISH, Zogoto!!! Are these the new fish Gaia was talking about? LOL!! rolleyes I'd be willing to bet that guy didn't show in your inventory, either. rofl That deserves a tip, IMO. lol.
congrats on the catch but sorry to hear it didnt appear in your invo.... I don't know if anyone can do anything about this, since gaia cannot track that u really caught the fish or not (even tho I and others believe you), i just dont think their is anything that can be done...which is sad. sad

Edit: Also I havn't been keeping track of my fish this month either, I have been just fishing as much as possible, but from here on out, im gonna start keeping track and see how many I lose..... sweatdrop
BlueBerry TrainWreck
congrats on the catch but sorry to hear it didnt appear in your invo.... I don't know if anyone can do anything about this, since gaia cannot track that u really caught the fish or not (even tho I and others believe you), i just dont think their is anything that can be done...which is sad. sad

Edit: Also I havn't been keeping track of my fish this month either, I have been just fishing as much as possible, but from here on out, im gonna start keeping track and see how many I lose..... sweatdrop

Glad to hear you'll be keeping track--I am missing over 800 fish from last month. >.<

Something REALLY needs to be done about this. To make tracking it easier, I transferred all my fish to a mule at the beginning of the month. However, that could be done at any time--just make note of how many fish have been caught so far in the month when you make the transfer. Of course it can all just be tracked mathematically, too....but I always try to avoid any unnecessary math. lol

Greedy Cat

10,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I really hope the trophies get handed out soon so I can find out if my second set is complete. <3

Spiritual Counselor

28,790 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Winged 100
blaugh rofl OH MY Zogoto!! .... LOVE IT LOL!! That most definitely deserved a tip LOL xd .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff